Who is left of male artists

raingirl

Proud Member
Is there anyone left? A male singer/dancer/entertainer who'd come anywhere close to Michael? Lager than life. Girls fainting, grown @ss men crying.
I always thought that by charisma and entertainment value Freddie Mercury was on the same level as Michael but he's dead too. Freddie was a fantastic singer too.
I just can't think of anyone still alive who could be all that.

No one is on that level, but just off the top of my head I'd say Usher, Justin Timberfake, Maxwell, and Ne-Yo.

No one is on that level, but just off the top of my head I'd say Usher, Justin Timberfake, Maxwell, and Ne-Yo.
Uhh... yeah they're only trying to be copies of Michael.

I don't think there's anyone left anymore. It's very sad.

There is no male artist on the same level as Michael now.
I mean, EVERYBODY knew Michael. No mater how young or old.
But if I ask my little brother or my grandmother if they know who Justin Timberlake or Usher is they probably won't know.

noone. Maybe George Michael. He is awesome and his live performance is superb. He doesn't dance (choreographed) though.

At least for now they're not very original and they're still at the beginning of their careers but like it is today they probably won't have a 20 to 30-year career.
Prince?

Not quite like Michael but hey...
I thought about him, I'm not a fan of his but I acknowledge his talent, like some of his songs, but he seems to have a specific group of fans and the general public doesn't really pay much attention to his work anymore. I don't know if it's a choice on his part.

George Michael is wonderful too but ... I don't know..he had his time.

Yes, it's sad that for my generation (born in the 70's/80's) there isn't many heroes left.
Maybe in 10 years or so there is somebody who matches Michael or reminds us of him. And I'm not thinking of Prince Michael or Blanket.

Michael was THE King of Pop. No one will ever take his title.

I think however that the passing of say, Elton John would have the same kinda mourning on par with Freddie Mercury.

I think if something tragic happens to Robbie Williams, alot of todays younger generation would be devastated.

MjPeterpan, I love your signature... its such a beautiful picture. I love all the pics with Michael with wings.

Robbie Williams doesn't have much of an impact internationally, he's more of a European golden child. I'm not familiar with his work, so I'm not criticizing him at all, but over here he likely doesn't have anything but scattered fans.

There aren't really that many artists with the global presence of MJ. There's plenty of popular and respected artists still around, and many who would be greatly mourned and would likely have big ceremonies like James Brown had, but few who would create a musical ripple like MJ.

Noone can come near Michael...Maybe...I like George Michael and Robbie Williams.

yes, for europe and the rest of the world besides the usa there is only robbie williams left (as a solo artiste) and even he has to prove himself after a few mediocre years!

hes the best selling artist but lager than life- stars like MJ and elvis wont be around for a long time i think!

cheers

i love elton john but his best days are way behind him... but without a doubt hes a legend!

No one on Michael's level. What's even sadder is at least when Elvis died you had a wonderful strong movement with disco and the Bee Gees with Barry they had an awesome album with Saturday Night Fever and you had wonderful fantastic singers in their prime like Stevie, Elton, Marvin, the problem now is the legends left are past their prime and the current artists seemed to have peaked like Usher for instance. I just can't see Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, Justin having that same level impact of the great male artists of the 70s or 80s for the long term and that's the saddest part the industry never groomed for the future like they used to they just after the 80s created temporary clones and one offs and Michael's death truly has exposed that :cry:

At least for now they're not very original and they're still at the beginning of their careers but like it is today they probably won't have a 20 to 30-year career.

You do know Usher has been in the music industry for 15 years already right? :unsure:

Robbie Williams, yeah I suppose he could have the potential, since he has been in the business since ..what?.. 1994.. but he'd have to really come up with something globally interesting. Same goes for all the current artists out there.
The main thing that many of todays artists totally LACK is good manners and humbleness, something that Michael always had.
It will be interesting to see after 10 or 15 years who is still in "the game".

Don't try to discredit them or belittle their careers because they aren't on Mike's level.
I'm not, I'm just saying what raingirl said too, they're not very original. They should have their own thing.. you don't have to do same dance moves as Michael even though you're influenced by him.

There's also Stevie Wonder and Prince as well. ;)
I love Stevie but he's old school..
Don't try to discredit them or belittle their careers because they aren't on Mike's level.
You do know Usher has been in the music industry for 15 years already right? :unsure:
Yes and how far has he got? Global admiration? Mindblowing performances? Inventing new? No. That's what I'm trying to find here somebody who has it like Mike, somebody more like my generation and there really isn't anybody.

Stevie and Prince probably have more creativity than any of the new artists.

Maybe it's just the industry that doesn't want to invest so much into artists anymore but why don't the artists demand more. They're happy after a million albums sold and a million on their bank account and they retire.

No one has ever or will ever do "Michael Jackson" again. Not Prince, Chris Brown, no one.

There are amazing singers/dancers/entertainers like Usher, but not to the scale of MJ.

No one really comes to mind as being the on that same king status. I don't think we'll see that in our generation. Maybe for our kids, though. maybe someone will come along, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I'm not, I'm just saying what raingirl said too, they're not very original. They should have their own thing.. you don't have to do same dance moves as Michael even though you're influenced by him.

Well to their defense, how can they be original when everything has pretty much been done. Not to mention no one is 100% original. And that dance move stuff is a reach lol

I love Stevie but he's old school..

Yes and how far has he got? Global admiration? Mindblowing performances? Inventing new? No. That's what I'm trying to find here somebody who has it like Mike, somebody more like my generation and there really isn't anybody.

Stevie and Prince probably have more creativity than any of the new artists.

Maybe it's just the industry that doesn't want to invest so much into artists anymore but why don't the artists demand more. They're happy after a million albums sold and a million on their bank account and they retire.

Ummm, he's got a diamond album, and 2 other multiplatinum albums lol...and who these days is having mind blowing performances. Anyhow, Usher is pretty much the best thing we've got since MJ. He can sing, dance, perform, etc. Is he original? No. Was Mike original? No. So there's really no argument there.

I thought about him, I'm not a fan of his but I acknowledge his talent, like some of his songs, but he seems to have a specific group of fans and the general public doesn't really pay much attention to his work anymore. I don't know if it's a choice on his part.

And you don't think that people on this planet have thought the same of MJ at one time or another? I know LOTS of fans of Prince who also love MJ, and vice versa. Again, just because somebody retires from the industry, takes a long hiatus, or stops working period doesn't make them any less important or talented, IMO. The music lives on... music is what it is.

I know this is an MJ fan forum, but surely MJ can't be the only male artist that members love and admire. Or who knows... maybe he is, LOL.

Anywho... Prince is/was also a f*cking AWESOME entertainer, musician, producer, writer, genius; etc. Here are just a FEW of my favorite songs by him. Like Michael Jackson, I think he is an entity of his own...

When Doves Cry

Erotic City

Little Red Corvette

I Would Die 4 U --(LIVE Performance)

Cream

Sexy MF

Raspberry Beret

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

Purple Rain (obviously)

Let's Go Crazy

Diamonds and Pearls

Nothing Compares 2 U

... GEEZ, among sssoooo many others. Sorry I couldn't find links to most of his songs/videos I listed. Prince (or "The Artist Known As") doesn't like his videos to be posted on Youtube. He seriously may be more of a hermit than Michael was.

Last edited:
And you don't think that people on this planet have thought the same of MJ at one time or another? I know LOTS of fans of Prince who also love MJ, and vice versa. Again, just because somebody retires from the industry, takes a long hiatus, or stops working period doesn't make them any less important or talented, IMO. The music lives on... music is what it is.

I know this is an MJ fan forum, but surely MJ can't be the only male artist that members love and admire. Or who knows... maybe he is, LOL.

Anywho... Prince is/was also a f*cking AWESOME entertainer, musician, producer, writer, genius; etc. Here are just a FEW of my favorite songs by him. Like Michael Jackson, I think he is an entity of his own...

When Doves Cry

Erotic City

Little Red Corvette

I Would Die 4 U --(LIVE Performance)

Cream

Sexy MF

Rasberry Beret

The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

Purple Rain (obviously)

Let's Go Crazy

Diamonds and Pearls

Nothing Compares 2 U

... GEEZ, among sssoooo many others. Sorry I couldn't find links to most of his songs/videos I listed. Prince (or "The Artist Known As") doesn't like his videos to be posted on Youtube. He seriously may be more of a hermit than Michael was.

I've had Prince fans a ton of them to flat out tell me especially at the prince.org they hate Michael and Prince is it for them so yes there are fans of artists who only like THEIR favorite artist. Michael is my all time favorite but i like others but I've seen it with Elvis fans, Madonna fans etc.. hell some Janet fans hate Michael and call him nasty evil names but I think Michael has left a void that won't be filled until another generation comes along.

Back