What do you think of Randy Taraborelli?

The first version of his book gets some stuff wrong, but it seems mostly reliable.

I guess the scar described in the autopsy report just magically appeared on his shin then. This expert is forgetting something: Michael Jackson traveled a lot. You can bring back all sorts of critters in your luggage. The bite was from a brown recluse spider.
Here is another explanation about the spider bite:

Michael Jackson decided to bring a brown spider (in his luggage, from a trip) to his Neverland Ranch.

The singer said to the brown spider (which was locked inside a small jar) that he would set it free on one condition: to bite him severely in order the next day to avoid appearing to court, and the brown spider agreed:

- Michael Jackson: "I am going to set you free, but on one condition"

- Brown Spider: "What condition?"

- Michael Jackson: "To bite me severely"

- Brown Spider: "Okay"

The above conversation was even confirmed by a Neverland Ranch maid who overheard them talking about that.

Here is another explanation about the spider bite:

Michael Jackson decided to bring a brown spider (in his luggage, from a trip) to his Neverland Ranch.

The singer said to the brown spider (which was locked inside a small jar) that he would set it free on one condition: to bite him severely in order the next day to avoid appearing to court, and the brown spider agreed:

- Michael Jackson: "I am going to set you free, but on one condition"

- Brown Spider: "What condition?"

- Michael Jackson: "To bite me severely"

- Brown Spider: "Okay"

The above conversation was even confirmed by a Neverland Ranch maid who overheard them talking about that.
The šŸ•· also asked for a spot in the next set of concerts

Outside the court (on March 10th, 2005), he made swift turns to wave to his fans (which indicated that he had no injury at all).
Knowing how Michael was, that`s not a logical argument, considering that in 1999 Michael Jackson sustained serious spine injury on stage and still continued performing, probably through severe pain and partial numbness. He did everything to please us fans.

Knowing how Michael was, that`s not a logical argument, considering that in 1999 Michael Jackson sustained serious spine injury on stage and still continued performing, probably through severe pain and partial numbness. He did everything to please us fans.
Performing artists are known to have a high tolerance of pain and an impressive ability to keep going in spite of significant pain, injury or discomfort. But you don't even have to be a performing artist. For example, ask anybody who suffers from ongoing back pain if they have ever put in a full day at work. They will most likely say yes. Michael for sure would be able to wave to the fans in spite of any physical pain he was suffering.

The šŸ•· also asked for a spot in the next set of concerts
:ROFLMAO:

I think the spider went on strike. It wanted its name next to Michael's on the posters but was rejected. Spider did a massive sulk.

Michael Jackson also claimed that police officers manhandled him very roughly and also that he suffered a dislocated shoulder due to the way in which he was handcuffed (when they arrested him in 2003).

But the singer some time later while exiting the local jail he exhibited no physical problems (for example, he waved and flashed a two-fingered V salute and thumbs-up signs with no difficulty).

Michael Jackson also claimed that police officers manhandled him very roughly and also that he suffered a dislocated shoulder due to the way in which he was handcuffed (when they arrested him in 2003).

But the singer some time later while exiting the local jail he exhibited no physical problems (for example, he waved and flashed a two-fingered V salute and thumbs-up signs with no difficulty).
MICHAEL JACKSON: "They did it to try and belittle me, to try and to take away my pride. But I went through the whole system with them. And at the end, Iā€” I wanted the public to know that I was okay, even though I was hurting."

He was right, they literally did abuse him.

MICHAEL JACKSON: "They did it to try and belittle me, to try and to take away my pride. But I went through the whole system with them. And at the end, Iā€” I wanted the public to know that I was okay, even though I was hurting."
He was right, they literally did abuse him.
If police officers literally abused him and he was in pain (dislocated shoulder, etc), Michael Jackson would have gone to a hospital for medical treatment (right after exiting the local jail).

But Michael Jackson did not seek medical treatment (in a hospital) simply because he did not need medical treatment.

Besides, police audiotapes and videotapes (that were played during a news conference) also disproved the singer's false claims that police officers manhandled him during his arrest.

If police officers literally abused him and he was in pain (dislocated shoulder, etc), Michael Jackson would have gone to a hospital for medical treatment (right after exiting the local jail).

But Michael Jackson did not seek medical treatment (in a hospital) simply because he did not need medical treatment.

Besides, police audiotapes and videotapes (that were played during a news conference) also disproved the singer's false claims that police officers manhandled him during his arrest.
He was at actual hospitals for his own purposes only during childbirths, and on the few occasions when he was actually comatose, from what I've heard. On such occasions areas of the hospital had to be closed down to afford him his right to privacy.

The picture of Michael's bruises seems to have been taken during a doctor's examination as he is wearing a loose white patient robe and a blue hair cap under his hat. Personal doctors tended to him with some frequency as he had several autoimmune conditions requiring various treatments, never sharing the extent of this with the public.

There is simply no way said tapes disproved anything, unless they showed the complete detention which we know can't be correct if he was there for at least an hour, or showed him going to the bathroom he was locked inside for a long time.
This was a high profile case of personal imporance for the DA. Do you believe there was not abuse in Santa Barbara authorities' treatment of him, parading him on the streets for months, wrecking his properties, leaking to the press etc. ? If not, why believe the office's words over his with absolute certainty?

Last edited:
He was at actual hospitals for his own purposes only during childbirths, and on the few occasions when he was actually comatose, from what I've heard. On such occasions areas of the hospital had to be closed down to afford him his right to privacy.

The picture of Michael's bruises seems to have been taken during a doctor's examination as he is wearing a loose white patient robe and a blue hair cap under his hat. Personal doctors tended to him with some frequency as he had several autoimmune conditions requiring various treatments, never sharing the extent of this with the public.

There is simply no way said tapes disproved anything, unless they showed the complete detention which we know can't be correct if he was there for at least an hour, or showed him going to the bathroom he was locked inside for a long time.
This was a high profile case of personal imporance for the DA. Do you believe there was not abuse in Santa Barbara authorities' treatment of him, parading him on the streets for months, wrecking his properties, leaking to the press etc. ? If not, why believe the office's words over his with absolute certainty?
It is also worth noting that Michael Jackson and his lawyers did not mention (right after his release on bail) police manhandling towards the singer.

"Michael Jackson was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy during his arrest, transport and booking ... He was in no way 'manhandled' or abused. His treatment by this [police] department can only be described as professional. I am shocked and troubled by his allegations ... He was also whistling and singing to himself during transport ... I think Mr. Jackson has seriously hurt his credibility ..." (Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson)

Michael Jackson also asked to have the air conditioning turned up (during his transport), police officers turned it up, and the singer replied to them that he was now feeling wonderful.

Also, the bathroom was cleaned shortly before Michael Jackson's arrest.
This was a high profile case of personal imporance for the DA.
That is also why police officers treated him with the utmost respect and courtesy in order to avoid bad publicity/legal actions from Michael Jackson's powerful lawyers against that police department.

ā€¦he was now feeling wonderful.

ā€¦ bathroom was cleaned ā€¦

ā€¦ police officers treated him with the utmost respect and courtesy ā€¦
Look, this was a very hurtful period of Michaelā€™s life and for the fan community. Why keep up like this, when there was repetitive mistreatment throughout the trial period, and it shouldnā€™t even have gone that far in the first place? He didnā€™t deserve to be in handcuffs or manhandled even for one second.

We also know he took painkillers so itā€™s strange with that in mind to just accept the authoritiesā€™ defence of him waving, assuming that it would have been physically impossible for him to do so. I have experience of broken shoulders and know that it is very easy under stress to ignore the injury in the first days before it really starts hurting. Itā€™s a very bad idea though, I donā€™t recommend it.

did it ever occur to you the reason why he didnt go to hospial was cuz the media wouldve said ''so look hes trying to gain sympthony''

I think Randyā€™s intentions are good in portraying an unbiased, human portrayal of Michael (not overly praising Michael, addressing the child abuse allegations). I kinda think some of the facts he includes in the MJ books are slightly exaggerated (not lies, just sparkled up to look more sensational).

I think Randyā€™s intentions are good in portraying an unbiased, human portrayal of Michael (not overly praising Michael, addressing the child abuse allegations). I kinda think some of the facts he includes in the MJ books are slightly exaggerated (not lies, just sparkled up to look more sensational).
the book is basically him bullying Michael and making weird insinuations (and let's not forget him praising Diane Dimond at the time of the trial)
So I find it impossible to say that he had good intentions

It is also worth noting that Michael Jackson and his lawyers did not mention (right after his release on bail) police manhandling towards the singer.

"Michael Jackson was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy during his arrest, transport and booking ... He was in no way 'manhandled' or abused. His treatment by this [police] department can only be described as professional. I am shocked and troubled by his allegations ... He was also whistling and singing to himself during transport ... I think Mr. Jackson has seriously hurt his credibility ..." (Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson)

Michael Jackson also asked to have the air conditioning turned up (during his transport), police officers turned it up, and the singer replied to them that he was now feeling wonderful.

Also, the bathroom was cleaned shortly before Michael Jackson's arrest.

That is also why police officers treated him with the utmost respect and courtesy in order to avoid bad publicity/legal actions from Michael Jackson's powerful lawyers against that police department.

But what do you believe? That MJ made giant bruises on his own body and the police did nothing..?

I still cite the early experiences of young MJ that were recounted in this book. The ones where strippers attempted to take his virginity, and his brothers would sleep with groupies with MJ in his room.

Common sense tells me that it was impossible get such bruises on his arms from handcuffs, considering that the handcuffs were not tight and they were around his wrists.

He said he was manhandled roughly; so the handcuffs might have moved up and down. Also, with a pale, thin skin like his bruises must be visible sooner than most people.

But anyway, do you really believe he did it to himself..?

He said he was manhandled roughly; so the handcuffs might have moved up and down. Also, with a pale, thin skin like his bruises must be visible sooner than most people.

But anyway, do you really believe he did it to himself..?
" ... The bruises [in pictures provided to news organizations by Michael Jackson] were well above the area where he had been handcuffed ... " (Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson)

Besides, the handcuffs were double locked (around his wrists) so as to prevent them from unnecessary tightening or from moving up and down.

" ... The bruises [in pictures provided to news organizations by Michael Jackson] were well above the area where he had been handcuffed ... " (Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson)

Besides, the handcuffs were double locked (around his wrists) so as to prevent them from unnecessary tightening or from moving up and down.

Yeah okay this is what the police said themselves. The question is: do you believe the police lied or that Michael lied?

If Michael is lying then he delibaretely made bruises on his arm, but why? Just to gain some sympathy..?

I believe that Santa Barbara County Sheriff Jim Anderson was telling the truth.
This can be easily be questioned from the summary of the investigative report. The sheriff distorted the findings when he presented it:

He told a press conference that the ā€œinvestigation determined that Mr Jackson was not injured at the hands of the Santa Barbara sheriffs department personnelā€.

However, in their summary of the investigation, the California Bureau of Investigation said they ā€œdid not uncover verifiable information that Mr. Jackson was injured at the hands of Santa Barbara Sheriffs Department personnel and no criminal misconduct on the part of Sheriffā€™s personnel was identified. Should additional witnesses or viable information come forward in the future concerning these allegations, CBI will respond.ā€

The sheriffā€™s public presentation of the report is false as nothing was proven.
That in itself constitutes clear abuse of authority (probably in the name of upholding it).

The chiropractor who examined Michael was interviewed, saying that Mr. Jacksonā€™s injuries and pain were consistent with the reported cause (from when the police lifted his arms up behind his back).

Michael was not himself interviewed or independently examined during the investigation, according to Thomas Meserau, who called the conclusion of the report ā€œpropaganda in order to violateā€ the judgeā€™s gag order in the case.

Michael then wanted to release a public statement, which he had to clear with the judge. I havenā€™t found the statement, if it was released.
Perhaps MJā€™s team found it would be unwise for his legal case to further battle with authorities during this period. It might have been able to help his ā€œpublic caseā€ though.

Last edited:
Yeah okay this is what the police said themselves. The question is: do you believe the police lied or that Michael lied?

If Michael is lying then he delibaretely made bruises on his arm, but why? Just to gain some sympathy..?
@mj_frenzy

The question is: do you believe the police lied or that Michael lied?

Depends on his source really. The stories he heard directly from the family back when he interviewed them are reliable. The ones he heard from unnamed sources are not always reliable. He also often makes up dialogues (he obviously was not in the room, so he could not possibly know what was said in such details).
The question is, did he ever interview the family? He claims he did, but he's never produced evidence. Where are the recordings?

Keep in mind that unnamed sources are not necessarily unreliable sources.

For instance, the things that these unnamed sources told John Randy Taraborrelli regarding Michael Jackson's publicity stunts in the '80s turned out to be all of them true.

These unnamed sources must remain confidential due to the nature of these sources' employment in the record industry, because revealing their names can lead for example to being fired from their positions.
According to who?

Who is the source of the revelation?

Back