What did MJ like to eat?

What are 'grits'? I recently read a book which mentioned them but it seemed to have a negative connatation...?

Omigosh! I moved to NY from GA four years ago and I still find it *hilarious* when someone doesn't know what grits are, LoL. It just won't sink in. It's like not knowing what mashed potatoes are! They're just a side, usually served along with eggs and bacon and stuff. I'm thoroughly convinced that people who don't like them haven't had them prepared right. It's like oatmeal, it can be really gross or really amazing depending on if it's instant, if it's too watery, if it's bland, etc.

Omigosh! I moved to NY from GA four years ago and I still find it *hilarious* when someone doesn't know what grits are, LoL. It just won't sink in. It's like not knowing what mashed potatoes are! They're just a side, usually served along with eggs and bacon and stuff. I'm thoroughly convinced that people who don't like them haven't had them prepared right. It's like oatmeal, it can be really gross or really amazing depending on if it's instant, if it's too watery, if it's bland, etc.
Yeah, totally. What's funny is that I lived my whole life in the western US, never even been to the South and even I know what grits are ;) (Of course maybe it helps to have a grandparent from Alabama, lol...)

Well, people who care about animals DO care about them suffering and being killed. Whoever eats them. So sorry, but it's not like someone eating meat it's just their bussiness. They're certainly affecting others.
I thoroughly disagree! You won't guilt me into not doing something I enjoy doing - and that's enjoying a steak or some fried chicken once in a while.

It is none of your business if I eat meat and it is none of my business if you are vegetarian/vegan, and as Walter Cronkite would say, that's the way it is. ;-)

Some one who worked with him during the filming of his video in Brazil said he used to drink a lot of Pepsi Cola, but not as promotion, he just used to drink Pepsi Cola.

Or, maybe he was just promoting Pepsi Cola?

By the way, I must be a Pepsi-Cola-generation kid, yeap, the ones that TV commertial, with the Jacksons, say; I love Pepsi Cola and I drink a lot of Pepsi Cola :cheeky:

But overall I guess I eat like Michael Jackson, not a fan of meat definitely, I do not eat sea food, any kind of sea food, but sometimes I do eat a bit o chicken, and just very little of meat.
But I am not a meat lover.

The rest, I love vegetales, I love love loove candies, chocolate, cakes, popcorn.. :dancin:

his cook said she would make food for the kids and she would usually make him a juice
blend of beets and vegetables and he always told her to make sure she was making healthy food/juices
he was on the thinner side but she always made him juices so he was probably healthy

I had never heard of grits until I saw 'My Cousin Vinny' lol

I always find this concept so weird...

Like do you think he ever ate gum? & did he drink coffee?
LOL.....in This Is It you see him chewing gum when they are talking about the soldiers in TDCAU ;)

I don't think he drank coffee.

And seriously people, this thread is about what Michael used to eat.
It's not about being a vegetarian or whether or not eating meat is right or wrong. Respect eachother and respect eachother's opinions.....and let's try to stay on topic.

The neanderthalers ALL ate meat, as it was pretty much the only food source available. So yeah.

Last edited:
i was reading an interview of one of the this is it dancers and he said that he never saw michael eating during the breaks but he preferred to drink green tea instead.

LOL.....in This Is It you see him chewing gum when they are talking about the soldiers in TDCAU ;)

I don't think he drank coffee.

And seriously people, this thread is about what Michael used to eat.
It's not about being a vegetarian or whether or not eating meat is right or wrong. Respect eachother and respect eachother's opinions.....and let's try to stay on topic.

The neanderthalers ALL ate meat, as it was pretty much the only food source available. So yeah.

Well as he said in his own autobiography moonwalk he was vegetarian, and liked eating fruit veggies nuts and seeds, and this is what MJ liked to eat, it is pretty relevant. He was vegetarian for much of his life and that was his preference, it seems that he only reverted to eating animal protein again on medical advice

Well as he said in his own autobiography moonwalk he was vegetarian, and liked eating fruit veggies nuts and seeds, and this is what MJ liked to eat, it is pretty relevant. He was vegetarian for much of his life and that was his preference, it seems that he only reverted to eating animal protein again on medical advice
Yeah, he was a vegetarian for at least that time period. But then we know that at least later he loved KFC too.

That part about medical advice... I have experience with that myself. I was veg (at times vegan) for some years, but developed an allergy to soy and then had to cut that out as well. I have a couple of serious chronic dieases and I worked with naturopathic doctors and a nutritionist and in the end we just had to conclude that I simply do better as a non-veg. Within a month or two of going back on animal protein I honestly felt about 100x better. Now I eat meat or fish 3-4 times a week. I physically do better this way. I'm a firm believer that not every body does well on the same diet. Probably due to variances in the way we synthesize, handle, absorb or store nutrients, all of which can also be affected by chronic conditions. Perhaps Michael had a similar experience, who knows?

I know that, but whether eating meat is right or wrong is irrelevant in this thread. Michael WAS a vegetarian. Period. Michael started eating animal protein on medical advice. Period. Telling other members whether they are right or wrong for eating meat doest not pertain to the topic we're discussing......as the topic question is "What did michael eat" and not "is it good or bad to be a vegetarian".

.... except in that on a previous page Michael's words lead me to believe his vegetarianism- whether it was continued or discontinued- was an act of compassion. So that is important.

I am a vegetarian and has no problems with health and so too my entire family. Michael loved animals that is why he ate less no-veg.

Back