Wembley DVD Critique /Quality and other prefered concerts over Wembley go here

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

No, because that would be pointless. It's a higher quality tape, but it's not going to make it look prettier by stretching it to 1080p (or even 720p).
It would just be a better looking DVD.
The only way they could do blu-ray is if they stumble on film of the show.

Ah yeah. This. I misunderstood rsggamer123's post. It would have to be from film footage, wouldn't it?.

Re: Wembley DVD content - Discuss Michael, his Wembley concert and performances Only

Umatic isn't this uberHQ amazing way of storing footage. Can't wait to go and get my set on Monday to watch the King do his thang :p Really looking forward to seeing the classics, but the songs he stepped up a notch on the Bad Tour will be amazing to see. I won't be analysing it frame by frame to spot any errors, only enjoying it. :)

How is the "The way you make me feel" bonus footage video quality and sound compared to the main show?
Thanks.

Soundwise it matches the quality of the July 16th Recording

Picturewise its slighty better but not by much

Umatic isn't this uberHQ amazing way of storing footage. Can't wait to go and get my set on Monday to watch the King do his thang :p Really looking forward to seeing the classics, but the songs he stepped up a notch on the Bad Tour will be amazing to see. I won't be analysing it frame by frame to spot any errors, only enjoying it. :)

Best way to watch it. This is what I also did. If you've excepted the reality of the situation (that right now we have a vhs quality release) you will really enjoy the concert. There is no way on earth I could go through viewing it by stopping and replaying and pausing it and looking at each and every shot for quality issues. It would ruin the experience. I can't believe that some people are taken up with examining it frame by frame. Life's waaaaaaaaay toooo short.

Soundwise it matches the quality of the July 16th Recording

Picturewise its slighty better but not by much

Ok thanks.
I would asume that sound on disc 3 and concert on dvd is the same?
Will probably take a week for the box to be delivered from amazon.co.uk....so I can check for myself)

Best way to watch it. This is what I also did. If you've excepted the reality of the situation (that right now we have a vhs quality release) you will really enjoy the concert. There is no way on earth I could go through viewing it by stopping and replaying and pausing it and looking at each and every shot for quality issues. It would ruin the experience. I can't believe that some people are taken up with examining it frame by frame. Life's waaaaaaaaay toooo short.

Indeed :) I can't wait for it! What was you favourite song vocally and dance wise? I'm looking forward to WBSS and Billie Jean the most I'd say ;)

today i just bought DVD and 3CD but This DvD quality is very bad
Yokohama>HWT Munich 1st ver>this DVD
is this real life... i can't wait MJhdvideos1 thank you...

I've just watched it all the way through. The picture is not fantastic, due to the source being a 24 year old vhs! However, it is more than watchable, even on my 51" Panasonic Viera via LG BD580 Blu-Ray player. Sound is pretty awesome in 5.1 if you have it on loud enough!
I was just happy to relive a night I never thought I would be able to!!

Last edited:
One thing which I found disappointing about multitrack is that center channel is not Michael's vocal but just pure drums. Normally center channel is vocals.. So I can't extract them :(

One thing which I found disappointing about multitrack is that center channel is not Michael's vocal but just pure drums. Normally center channel is vocals.. So I can't extract them :(

What's in each channel?

Lom kit?? :scratch: Come and clarify this thing lol. He could explain way better than I could.

Oh ok. It's just that in the HIStory video greatest hits DVD, there's 5 seperate audio files, and one is an acapella, instrumentals, chords etc. Some sound really cool :)

Oh ok. It's just that in the HIStory video greatest hits DVD, there's 5 seperate audio files, and one is an acapella, instrumentals, chords etc. Some sound really cool :)

Well yeah that's something like it. That's the point. I was hoping for center channel to have Michael's vocals like in the DVD you mentioned. Normally every 5.1 I think has such center channel. But here it's just drum beat :S I wonder if it's new fashion or something.. Maybe they don't want fans to make fan-made a capellas of the DVD.

Yeah, they f'd up the mix. It kinda defeats the purpose of the 5.1

The center channel sounds like drum beats, but not really the drummers drums. Like electronic loops.
Another channel has subwoofer bass.
Front left and right have all the vocals, music and some crowd noise.
Rear left and right has light music/vocals and crowd noise. On certain parts, they have drums or piano stabs on the rear channels too.

MJ's vocals should have been center channel.
Not that the sound quality is bad, but it's just a wasted opportunity.

Maybe they don't want fans to make fan-made a capellas of the DVD.

no...

I have other concert DVDs and they do the same thing as this DVD (not putting vocals on center).

It just depends on the person who's mixing it.

Last edited:
That sucks. The Moonwalker 5.1's are cool, and the Wembley ones could've been amazing.

What a waste of centre channel. That really defeated the fun part of 5.1 audio for us. Ugh! :/
This is just getting worse and worse...

Indeed :) I can't wait for it! What was you favourite song vocally and dance wise? I'm looking forward to WBSS and Billie Jean the most I'd say ;)

Apologies in advance for digressing from the thread. Not sure if I'm allowed to talk about the performance in here. I promise I will move to the other thread now.

Vocally, all of it is brilliant. IJCSLY, RWY, HN, there all brilliant. You will especially enjoy Thriller, it's just the most amazing performance of it. Dance wise, all of it. Without wanting to spoil it for you or anyone, what stood out for me were moments where he's smiling and really enjoying himself. That's whats left more of an impression on me than anything. There's a part of IJCSLY where he is just in extacy and happiness. Also throughout RWY, he is pure happiness. Bad reprise and MITM he's so into what he's doing. I've always been more into MJ's powerful and aggressive type dancing, but after this I've enjoyed more of the pure and happiness side of him. It has moments where it's just very touching.

You are non stop negativity.

Well sorry if I am. But this release was a really not great. I know a ton of others that was very disappointed and we all have the right to be. The quality is yes watchable. It does look ok for a 24 yr old VHS tape. But the things we were looking forward to we can't even! They wasted the centre channel with drums so we can't make a nice a capella or anything nice like Moonwalker or the HIStory on Film Vol. II. The enhancements are terrible! They should of not video de-noised it. There are times were the lights are too bright. The colors are awful. There are times of yellow tints and blue tints. Times where the saturation is way too high! And there are times where it's too dark! We should have something like MITM Wembley and audio like HIStory On Film Vol. II! That would of been excellent. But instead this is what we have. This is not a authentic release. This is better than nothing, yes. But it was a bad release because of their archives and how they mixed and edited this. We deserve much more better than this! What everyone looked forward too was a great performance, great quality video, great audio, and to at least pull the vocals out, especially since this is from a multi track audio! The people who enhanced this concert should of went through each frame and enhanced every little thing correctly. This was amateurly done. Now we have to make our own versions cause this isn't acceptable, and we shouldn't have to. I am sure there are many fine with this and think it's ok but there are plenty of others who do not think it is. I apologize if I annoy anyone or if I am too negative, but it's the truth. We deserve MUCH more better than this!

Last edited:
Maybe this is little paranoid. It may be intentional that the vocals are not in the center. Many talked about the multies and sony knows how creative and capable some fans are.

And the complaining and "negativity" about the quality isn't directed to the estate. Its just they spend money for that remastering and its so amateurish.
By professional remastering i expect every frame to be color corrected. They cleaned the picture from destortions well, but the rest was lame work.
The negativity goes to the people that remastered and the other who made that audio mix.
Everything code said is true. 24 years old tape or not, this dvd is full with mistakes.

@lomkit: Usually I'm also very fussy about quality issues. But I did enjoy the DVD on a 2,5 m screen, even though it was clear there was no "real" sharpness left in the picture, extreme edge enhancement at its best. Still I would say this wasn't a bad choice since an unsharp picture isn't enjoyable to me.

Also, I don't really care about exact colors, though it would have been nice. And imagine the sound would have been asynchronous to the picture (which could have easily happened thinking of the separate audio master). I'm very glad THIS did not happen.

Sigh... STILL people that are ungrateful. I got my Bad 25 two days early, and I have to say that I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the quality. Sure, time after time there are some colors that could have been corrected, but it's still unbelievably good quality.

People need to just be happy with what we were given. We could not have gotten any concert at all.

I doubt the vocals aren't center because they think fans will do something with the slightly isolated vocal track. There are loads of 5.1 concert films, and some do it that way, some don't.

We should TOTALLY e-mail the company that produced the DVD and ask what gives :).
I wrote them once an asked if they were doing a 5.1 mix at all, and they responded Yes.

But everything Lom Kit and Code are saying is true.

It kinda sucks because chances of another show officially being released anytime soon is extremely low (unless these alleged film reels of Wembley emerge).

Estate basically is saying
1z18aj7.jpg

But anyway, I can't wait to get the DVD tomorrow. The packaging and what-not is nice.
ogm97l.gif

What did they do with things like this? Did they remove them? (At 00:02 in the clip btw)

What a waste of centre channel. That really defeated the fun part of 5.1 audio for us. Ugh! :/
This is just getting worse and worse...

There are always one of you who seem to be ungrateful and are negative. Shame. It is true that some of you cannot help yourselves- it is in your nature. :(

What did they do with things like this? Did they remove them? (At 00:02 in the clip btw)

I played that extremely slowly. They skipped that frame. It's noticeable is you watch it very slowly, but when you actually watch it, its not noticeable at all.

Back