Walmart "Exclusive Limited Edition 2 Disc" - Complete Details / Features (US Release)

^^ Limited edition Blu Ray or DVD?? I'm asuming 2disc?

Just bought a copy of Best Buy's Blu Ray online. I can pick it up in the store after work. Couldn't do the same for the 2 DVD limited edition from Walmart. Out of Stock online! AHH! DEFINITELY getting out of here during my lunchbreak to buy that one. Getting a lil nervous now. Eek! Eek! Eeeeeek!

well I went to Walmart and I bought teh 2 disc DVD...I jsut starting watching the 1 disc....I am watching some bonus from this dvd.....I think all this might be more than I can handle right now..:cry:

i really hope that someone will be kind enough to rip the second disc and post it online... of course not HERE. that would be bad.

but perhaps somewhere else... to help fans like me who WOULD have bought it were it available...

stupid sony.

I am so totally confused with this stuff... I no longer understand a thing.
I didn't know about the zones of BR... agggggg No good, no good :no:

well I went to Walmart and I bought teh 2 disc DVD...I jsut starting watching the 1 disc....I am watching some bonus from this dvd.....I think all this might be more than I can handle right now..:cry:

I am at work right now, literally jumping out of my skin I'm so excited to see it, you'd think I hadn't seen it yet, but of course, we're talking about Michael, here...lol...But, you're right, I"m not sure how I'll react watching it again...:cry: :hug:

Ok since I guess I'm missing both: 1) unfinished rehearsals 2) dancing machine.. are those both on the 2disc dvd? From where? If not what do I have to get to get those features?? I'm sorry if I sound reapetitive, I just want to be clear and figure I want to be fast at it incase they are out lol

Ok since I guess I'm missing both: 1) unfinished rehearsals 2) dancing machine.. are those both on the 2disc dvd? From where? If not what do I have to get to get those features?? I'm sorry if I sound reapetitive, I just want to be clear and figure I want to be fast at it incase they are out lol

no, totally understand...I had to make sense of it all too...lol...From what I understand, the unfinished rehearsals is on the 2 disc special edition DVD...I'm not sure about the Dancing Machine portion...Probably on BluRay as well....I'm just gonna get these two editions...

Ai have the blu ray from walmart and no dancing machine..... anyone know where that is?

Clarification

So there are technically 3 different versions of This Is It that have different features (not just visual/audio quality differences)?

This Is It
This Is It Limited Edition
This Is It Blu Ray

i really hope that someone will be kind enough to rip the second disc and post it online... of course not HERE. that would be bad.

but perhaps somewhere else... to help fans like me who WOULD have bought it were it available...

stupid sony.

Are you serious???

It is AVAILABLE!!!!

Ai have the blu ray from walmart and no dancing machine..... anyone know where that is?

Best Buy. You have to get the 2Disc version for $29.99 tho.

Btw...Just got back from Walmart and got the limited edition 2DVD set. NOW, I can relax as my Best Buy blu ray is on hold til I pick it up after work. Lord, it really shouldn't be this hard!! lol

Almost tempted to pop this baby into my computer at work. :fear: Must.Wait.Til.I.Get.Home. :bugeyed

to all of those who are worrying, the stuff you miss is probably gonna end up being online somewhere, so don't worry about it =P

Daggone it. I was hoping the 'unfinished rehearsals' feature would have more..rehearsal in them.There was that article with two editors/engineers talking about stranger in moscow so that must mean that song exists in some form...unless the article was fake. (and i really really really wanted dirty diana, though that was just wishful thinking)

The choreography featurette sounds really cool though.

so I just called best buy and asked him to read me special features, he grabbed to blu rays and said the only difference he sees between the blu ray is theres a special feature called: "Blue Shirt dancing" and "black shirt dancing" or something??? WTF

I'm so confused.. I wish I wasnt at work

So wait... I'm confused now. I just went to Walmart and bought the Limited 2 Disk version AND their regular Blu-Ray version. Which one from Best Buy has.... extra extras? I'm looking for the one with the one with the mirror dancing. Is it a special Blu-Ray version from BB? It looks like there are a couple of them online for $29.99. Every store should have the same extras! This is ridiculous!

so I just called best buy and asked him to read me special features, he grabbed to blu rays and said the only difference he sees between the blu ray is theres a special feature called: "Blue Shirt dancing" and "black shirt dancing" or something??? WTF

I'm so confused.. I wish I wasnt at work

I'm 99% sure he mant the covers. see, blu-ray at best buy has 3 exclusives, each of them with a replica backstage pass, simply called blue- shirt(the way you make me feel pic)

Green shirt is smooth criminal(green background i think)

and theres number 3 called mj pointing.

i saw theese 3 blu-ray versions on their site, and the only difference is the "backstage passes or postcards" tht comes with them. that's beasically what you are getting.

their milking us dry so to speak.

capice?:cheeky:

So wait... I'm confused now. I just went to Walmart and bought the Limited 2 Disk version AND their regular Blu-Ray version. Which one from Best Buy has.... extra extras? I'm looking for the one with the one with the mirror dancing. Is it a special Blu-Ray version from BB? It looks like there are a couple of them online for $29.99. Every store should have the same extras! This is ridiculous!

i know!!! im going to best buy after work and i'm still debating what the eff to get ..

Here is the Best Buy Blu-ray titled: This Is It "2-Disc Limited Edition" that comes with an extra blu-ray bonus disc inside the case that has a 15 minute feature on it called "Dancing Machine" -- and it does contain the footage of MJ dancing in front of the mirror. It also comes with a 3-D replica pass.

I bought both the Walmart "Exclusive Limited Edition 2 Disc" & the Best Buy "2-Disc Limited Edition" Blu-ray, and I believe that these 2 versions are the way to go as far as getting the most footage available in the U.S.

(See Page 1 -- http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86101)

Last edited:
are the wal mart special edition and blu ray different? ....

I already own blu ray version, but wont be able to watch it until saterday, because i dont have my blu ray player with me.

I am impacient, so i want too know if it would be worth it to buy, This is it Wal mart edition, even tho i already bought the blu ray ( so i can watch it tonight) :)

Here is the Best Buy Blu-ray titled: This Is It "2-Disc Limited Edition" that comes with an extra blu-ray bonus disc inside the case that has a 15 minute feature on it called "Dancing Machine" -- and it does contain the footage of MJ dancing in front of the mirror. It also comes with a 3-D replica pass.

I bought both the Walmart "Exclusive Limited Edition 2 Disc" & the Best Buy "2-Disc Limited Edition" Blu-ray, and I believe that these 2 versions are the way to go as far as getting the most footage available in the U.S.

(See Page 1 -- http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86101)

OMFG! THANK U!!!!!!:clapping::wild:
oh wait is this available in canada too?
cuz im flying down there tomorrow

So I have bluray from walmart, so it seems that if I want all footage extra id get the 2disc from both best buy and wamlart? At this point I don't care about backstage pass or 3d rxtra paper anything, I'm pure footage... so is that what I need??? I am looking for unnfinished rehearsal and dancing machine

So I have bluray from walmart, so it seems that if I want all footage extra id get the 2disc from both best buy and wamlart? At this point I don't care about backstage pass or 3d rxtra paper anything, I'm pure footage... so is that what I need??? I am looking for unnfinished rehearsal and dancing machine

That's what I'm gathering from what people have posted here. I'm not sure about the different versions overseas, but I can't play them in my DVD player anyway!

Yep! Anyone looking for the Unfinished Rehearsals will have to buy the 2 disc Limited edition from Walmart. And anyone who wants Dancing Machine (footage that includes Michael dancing in the mirror) will have to buy the 2 disc limited edition from Best Buy.

It looks like the only difference between USA and European versions is that the exclusive content has been split up where we have to buy 2 things and they can get all their content on ONE disc. Also, some of their versions include the movie trailer and TII music video which I've not seen offered with any of USA DVDs or Blu Rays.

Hope this helps. And thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread and others so the rest of us can decide which way to go in all the confusion today. :flowers:

Peace.

ETA:
Why did they put this on 2 BD discs???!!!! If you can order it in only one disc....what's the point?!?

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=297954

To make more $$$$$$. We're basically buying the movie TWICE just to get all the bonus material. Trust me when I say I only do this for Michael merchandise. I wouldn't dare let anyone else fleece me like this. Hell, some of us now HAVE to buy blu ray players just to be able to access half of our exclusive content. Reminds me of when Bad was released and the only way to enjoy "Leave Me Alone" was to buy a CD player (which was a new thing at the time) as it was a bonus song on the CD version of the BAD album. Some things never change.

Last edited:
There are far too many versions out there it's really a shame Sony would do this to fans.
Who really wants to have to buy 4-5 different DVD/Blu-ray just to have all the footage.
I just went to Wal*Mart and was going to buy the 2-disc set but the special features dont really add much compared to the single disc. I really could care less about the dancers, vocalists extras. The 60min bonus footage seems to be unclear at this point to me.The single disc says over 1hr of unreleased footage, which means what? The same as on the 2-disc from Wal*Mart?

As far as Blu-ray goes, how many versions we got there?
This is whats called 'double dipping' to those who buy movies and companies like Sony get to laugh all the way to the bank when they release so many copies on ONE MOVIE !!
This gets fans to purchase several copies and they probably will and Sony knows this.
I'm a huge fan of Michael but I cant plunk down the amount of cash it would take to get all footage.

I'm at a loss as to which one to buy.
Also.The Wal*mart 2-disc was still $24.95 and not on sale. I only went to one though so it may have been cheaper as said in this thread at another but don't know.

Only special feature I really want are the Smooth Criminal and Thriller features in full.
I'm sure the other so called unreleased footage is nice though.

Back