Walmart "Exclusive Limited Edition 2 Disc" - Complete Details / Features (US Release)

levi

Proud Member
Front Cover:

DVD Features:

Disc One:

2 Making-Of Documentaries
- "Staging the Return: 2-Part Making-Of Documentary"

3 Featurettes:
- "The Gloved One"
- "Memories of Michael"
- "Auditions: Searching for the Worlds Best Dancers"

------------------------------------------------------

Disc Two:

Last edited:
I don't get it! Does this mean Unfinished Rehearsals are released now???

Looks like the 'European Release Exclusive' as reported in Sony Europe's press release for TII is now not that exclusive?!!

Oh well at least we all get to share the same footage!

thanks for this post Levi. I'm going to get this from Walmart later today.

Thanks for the update!!!
So far, it's now clear the BR version (US) has NO new rehearsals. What about this one?
New rehearsals?

No this dvd has no new rehearsals. My sister and I bought it at mid-night this morning and went through all of the extras.

Amanda

Does anyone know if Walmart's 2 disc edition comes with a digital copy? Not a Playstation 3 digital copy like Best Buy's blu ray version comes with, but a regular digital copy that you can upload to Itunes.

oh i'm so confused about the dvd bluray thing.
i don't have a blue ray player, so is there a dvd that has all the same footage? there are toooo many!!!!

oh i'm so confused about the dvd bluray thing.
i don't have a blue ray player, so is there a dvd that has all the same footage? there are toooo many!!!!

Yes, many versions!!!!
And also one on the USB and another in the PS3... so... how do we know?
So far, it's clear that there is NO new rehearsal in any version, including the BR version.

so what are the Unfinished Rehearsals

They basically show what the Dirty Diana and I think Smooth Criminal (might be Thriller) stage productions were supposed to look like. Dirty Diana was going to be AWESOME by the way!

Amanda

Last edited:
What I'd like to know is : how much new footage of MJ is there in all of those extra features? About 1 minute? 10 minutes? That's the only thing I'm interested in, I couldn't care less about interviews with the cast and crew.

Thanks to all for the info. I think I want this one as far as DVDs go. So instead of getting the Target DVD/Blu-ray pack, Imma get the Walmart DVD and some other blu-ray. Well, at least that's the plan after reading this thread; haven't got to the other threads yet to see what's on other disks. I like the description of the Unfinished Rehearsal bits in here so seems like the better buy at this point. Again, thanks to everyone for their info! :punk:

They basically show what the Dirty Diana and I think Smooth Crimial (might be Thriller) stage productions were supposed to look like. Dirty Diana was going to be AWESOME by the way!

Amanda

Amanda is right, I just watched this feature and that is exactly what the "Unfinished Rehearsals" are -- "Unfinished Concepts" may have been a better name :)

Amanda is right, I just watched this feature and that is exactly what the "Unfinished Rehearsals" are -- "Unfinished Concepts" may have been a better name :)

how long is that feature?

Hmmm.... I just realized the Walmart one is Limited Edition...meaning it won't be available for long. Starting to wonder if I should try and get this during my lunch break. :unsure: LOL! I remember when T25 came out and the limited edition hardcover ones were sold out by the time I got there AFTER work. Had to order it thru Amazon.com. Ugh! Does Best Buy have the unfinished rehearsals on theirs? I saw it mentioned on another thread but can someone who bought theirs from Best Buy please confirm it's the same as Walmart's? Thanks in advance. :flowers:

Cool! Thanks for the info... so was there MJ dancing in the mirror video? If it was there, I guess it's the same like European edition which will come on 02.22... :)

pleas explain me what mean "Unfinished Rehearsals" ?
i have two-disc special edition :D i don't have only "Unfinished Rehearsals"

Cool! Thanks for the info... so was there MJ dancing in the mirror video? If it was there, I guess it's the same like European edition which will come on 02.22... :)

Looks like Best Buy's blu ray has the bits with Michael and Travis dancing in the mirror (it's called Dancing Machine). It's been posted in the deals and packages thread (last page at this moment). I was wondering WHY Kenny and Travis were hyping up the Best Buy discs as if the BB discs had special content. Well, apparently, it does. So to get everything (all featurettes, unfinished rehearsals, AND Dancing Machine) USA fans have to buy both DVD and Blu Ray discs. Not too bad if you're only interested in content like myself and don't care too much about t-shirts and tickets and passes and steelboxes. For me the goodies are what's ON the disk, not so much what comes with it. I ain't buying 5 diff copies to specifically get all that stuff...altho I know for true collectors they're on the hunt.

^ Well, seems like I will be getting the best buy exclusive & the walmart exclusive.

I wasn't planning on buying both...but anyway, I want to see all the features

going to the stores in half an hour

SOOOO going on my lunch to buy this! I pre-ordered BlueRay from Amazon, so I may not get it until the weekend...So, I'm gonna go to Wal mart in a few hours and get it! I'm super excited!

hold on, i'm confused.. I thought buying the blu-ray verison wed get the most footage??? I bought a blu ray player just for it.. So what and where to I have to buy the movie from and in what format to get the most footage. In the end of the day I want all footage released..

could someone clear this up please?

hold on, i'm confused.. I thought buying the blu-ray verison wed get the most footage??? I bought a blu ray player just for it.. So what and where to I have to buy the movie from and in what format to get the most footage. In the end of the day I want all footage released..

could someone clear this up please?

That's what I thought as well, that the BR will all the MOST footage...But it seems that the limited edition is well, LIMITED, so I'm gonna get it too....Other than that, these are the only two versions I'm getting...Although, I'm still thinking that the BR has the MOST stuff on it...so it's THE one to get...

Back