VOTE for MJ - Michael is the greatest black musician of the past few decades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
June is Black Music Month and according to The Nielsen Company, sales of music units topped 1.5 billion last year. Who do you think is the greatest black musician of the past few decades?

Prince

Michael Jackson

Stevie Wonder

Aretha Franklin

Marvin Gaye

VOTE here - http://www.steveharvey.com/

81%(70102)
Prince

17%(15044)
Michael Jackson

1%(811)
Stevie Wonder

0%(131)
Aretha Franklin

0%(299)
Marvin Gaye

Last edited:
Re: VOTE for MJ - Who do you think is the greatest black musician of the past few decades? (Prince?)

This could get unpleasant, prince gets ratings at michaels expence due to a corrupt media, ive had to edit my post cause things could get quiet nasty

Last edited:
Re: VOTE for MJ - Who do you think is the greatest black musician of the past few decades? (Prince?)

Oh..., sorry, but dont be silly, Prince is the most talented artist on this list in terms of playing instruments and creating music!!!!
You are totally unprofessionally biased ... seems like you dont know who you are talking about.

Being the greatest musician does mean totally something else, but to underrate Prince is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Michael is the only real GLOBAL musician (the meaning of the word is clear), so every voter might know whats the meaning of being the greatest musician and his impact on society...

I don't know what im talking about sorry mate, i know exactly what im talking about, i was grade 8 one 4 instruments aged 14, i play in a professional orchestra and have met some of the most talented musicians in the world. He is an average guitarist, a good singer, and a great songwriter, but nothing more and does not deserve that at all.

You are so right! I am voting for Michael!!:punk:

I view a musican as not just playing instruments, singing and songwriting can be included. Stevie for example is far more talented than prince in playing, singing and songwriting. That percentage lead is just rediculous for prince.

Ok dear music experts, so why we should vote for Michael?

Bump..........

I'm not a music expert, and I don't believe I need to be to be able to vote for Michael, whom I think deserves it simply for the fact that he DIDN'T need instruments to be considered a musician (imo)...his VOICE was his instrument...his pure genius is good enough..his emotion, his creativity, his pure natural talent...I couldn't care less if Prince plays instruments or not...:D

Prince fans have been voting actively for him since wednesday and they have been trashing michael as well.there is a link tothe site on prince.org,by the way you can vote as much as possible.

As a musician, Prince is better than Michael. As I songwriter, I think that Michael is better.

Prince is winning! Wtf! Vote michael!

I'm sure you know that this is a Michael Jackson forum...please don't ask us to justify why we would support him in a poll. This is the one place we don't expect that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, there is no right or wrong answer, hence there being a poll in the first place. Go ahead, vote for Prince but don't belittle those who choose Michael.

That's enough! Do not get personal in here.

I think stacey answered your question. Because it comes from within, his songs are far better anyway. Take a look at some of princes biggest hits. Purple rain, fantastic song, but using very old songwriting methods well established by the time, use of instruments and sounds is basic using typical old set rules, innovative is the last thing it is. 1999 for example, sounds rediculously dated, michael managed to use those very same synthesisers with a genius head leading him and his sound engineers to get much more timeless sounds out of them and not sink into the status quo. Michael had a hunger to move forward, to do great things, to invent, whatever people say, prince did not have this. He broke no boundries, just did a good job following rules and paths laid before him. Prince would never create songs like stranger in moscow, because they are just beyond him. Prince capitalises on winning formulas, michael discovers and leads the human race down new paths. Prince often played the guitar on stage, big deal, he had hendrix before him and many other blues guitarist, black and far more talented. Prince could be compared with thousand of individuals. While you can attempt to compare michael with others, realistically you can't, the brand speaks for itself. I could go on for hours and hours, but i cbb.

Stevie Wonder > Marvin Gaye > Prince > Michael.

By the way it's typical ignorance. If your gonna talk about just instruments like you do when it's convenient for you, then no one on that list will be anywhere close. There will be black musicians in clubs right now, struggling to make it who are far better at their instruments than anyone on this list.

I'm not a music expert, and I don't believe I need to be to be able to vote for Michael, whom I think deserves it simply for the fact that he DIDN'T need instruments to be considered a musician (imo)...his VOICE was his instrument...his pure genius is good enough..his emotion, his creativity, his pure natural talent...I couldn't care less if Prince plays instruments or not...:D

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Can't be more agree !!!

I've never knew Prince had a lot of active fans. Good for him

ok then, michael is rubbish, what a bad musician, i wonder why he is so big, so overated................. i thought you lot were supposed to be fans. It's clear they are not refering to just instruments in the question and you are taking it too literally

What a cringe-worthy overreaction over my opinion that Stevie Wonder is a better musician than Marvin Gaye, who is in turn better than Prince who, I believe, is better than Michael. Does that mean Michael is rubbish? Absolutely not.

Stevie and Marvin single-handedly shook the very foundations of the actual music (pure music - free of cultural, popular or commercial context) and the genres through their art.

What a cringe-worthy overreaction over my opinion that Stevie Wonder is a better musician than Marvin Gaye, who is in turn better than Prince who, I believe, is better than Michael. Does that mean Michael is rubbish? Absolutely not.

Stevie and Marvin single-handedly shook the very foundations of the actual music (not culture or impact or popularity) and the genres through their art.

Im struggling to see what you are defining as musician. Because no one on that list is anywhere close if you are just refering to instruments. But musical talent in terms of natural feel he is top of the list. With all stevies brilliance on the keys etc. he could never come up with a groove anywhere near as catchy as Billie Jean. So now we have discovered we are talking about instruments, like i said in an earlier post, stevie is fantastic, the rest are average instrumentalists. There are black musicians in clubs right now who make prince look like an amatuer on his instruments.

i am just gonna say Michael single handedly shook whole world .he gave black music a world platform .i don't see Elvis or Beatles were threaten by any above musician ,that says it all.

Why can't some of you people just vote if you're gonna vote and stop with the arguements. To each his own, but I'll always vote Michael any day, anytime, anyplace.

Guys Stacey has already warned you and now I'm warning you. This isn't an MJ vs Prince debate here. If you like Prince fine but don't criticise people for wanting to vote for Michael over Prince. This is a Michael Jackson forum.

If you like Prince fine but don't criticise people for wanting to vote for Michael over Prince.

I don't know who you may be referring to (maybe some of such critical posts have been deleted) but please also note the ones on the opposite extreme who criticise others for merely voting any other way that doesn't suit them.

There's no need to attack someone's fandom just because they have a different view.

This certainly is a Michael Jackson forum, and I hope we can keep a respectable image above the embarrassing stereotypes.

never mind :D

Last edited:

someone just posted this on prince.org

this is posted somewhere so pls forgive me
prince was leading by a huge margin now michael jackson is making a huge comeback
please everyone vote
it is on the steve harvey morning show
best black musician of the last few decades?? we know this should be prince
please help,this is the site link http://www.steveharvey.com
hURRY VOTE,I just saw a mj site where they are staging a plan comeback everyone agreeing to vote 10 times,we have to answer
thanks
Ha ha ha, people just get worked up over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back