Victory 40th Anniversary

The Estate could've did a remastered album, bonus disc and tour package release but I don't think they edited the entire show, probably just the portions that contain Thriller songs. They probably don't see much revenue for a release since the brothers have to be contacted as well
I doubt the estate edited anything, I'd go as far as to say what they showed was edited back in the 80's onto film.

i think if michael sung leads, the songs would have to be rewritten melodically to accommodate his wider vocal range.
That’s a good point. I don’t think they’d have to be melodically rewritten though. A believe a key change would suffice.

240712-mj-fanart-beatit-feat.jpg

Michael Jackson Fan Art: 1984 “Beat It” Victory Tour Performance
July 12, 2024
MJ Fan Damaris Murillo’s drawing of Michael’s performance of “Beat It” during the 1984 Victory Tour. Damaris says of Michael that “he truly gave his all in every performance and the passion he had to perform inspired me to create this piece.” Upload your #MJFanArt here: https://www.michaeljackson.com/community/

michael’s chef mani was with him for basically the entire ‘thriller’ era. he began working with him during the making of the album, through to 1985 (though it’s not clear when in that year he stopped).

So the 40th Anniversary release will or was supposrd to be the Victory Tour documentary, a live concert film would‘ve been amazing, footage and multitracks are already digitized.
But what's the point of a documentary about a tour nobody can see?

Might as well just release the concert recording and be gone with it.

the brothers have to be contacted as well
That's literally the estate's job.

We need to stop pretending that this stuff is hard.

The documentary was definitely in production but not by The Estate, it is an external production by The Jacksons.

Contacting them is easy, getting them to agree on it is a different situation.

Hucky Austin bodyguard for Prince talks about the time Prince went to see the Jacksons perform on the Victory tour in 1984.

Last edited:
i haven’t watched this yet, but I imagine there’s a lot of ‘victory’ content, given the year. this is a great new channel.

finally some common sense in here

Very interesting stuff about Victory in the french doc, "Les enfants du Rock", it was during the album production, it's the french president of CBS, he have made curious revelation (around 14min50):

I roughly translate, it's an album prepared since two years, but because Thriller success he have been pushed back, the album have completly involved alot during these two years, now it's lot more an album of Michael Jackson with the Jacksons than a album of The Jacksons like their past albums, at this moments (after the question of the journalist about a duet with Jagger), he didn't know if this duet will be in Victory or will be in the futur Mick Jagger album (supposed released in September 84).

Sorry he didn't give more explanation about what he mean about an album of Michael with the Jacksons, maybe it was supposed to have solo song and duets with his brothers, maybe solo song like Dream Away and Chicago1945.

Mick Jagger’s 18 Best Collaborations Outside the Rolling Stones​

Allison Rapp | Published: July 26, 2024
4. 'State of Shock' With the Jacksons (1984)
"State of Shock," written by Michael Jackson and Randy Hansen, was originally going to be included on 1982's Thriller as a duet with Jackson and Freddie Mercury. Plans changed, however, and the song was instead cut with the Jacksons and Jagger. It was released as a single in 1984 and went to No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

just came across this article about the concert in knoxvillie. a lot of drama behind the scenes, but the audience responded well to the show, which lasted 110 minutes. longer that what had previously been claimed.

just came across this article about the concert in knoxvillie. a lot of drama behind the scenes, but the audience responded well to the show, which lasted 110 minutes. longer that what had previously been claimed.
Fascinating to read. More confirmation of what I'm always saying. Michael Mania was a real thing in the Thriller era, it didn't start with Bad. But also, lots of hate, negativity, death threats aimed at Michael were already coming in, everything is always Michael's responsibility, he's supposed to fix everything.

But lovely stuff, as well. :)

"There were 50,239 people in attendance on Aug. 11, Jim Murray, spokesperson for Stadium Management Corp., told the News Sentinel in 1984.

"They stood, they cheered, they screamed, they danced. And some even cried," according to the News Sentinel on Aug. 12. "But they never sat down during the entire 110-minute show last night."

Alright 17 songs for Victory

1. Torture
2. Wait
3. One More Chance
4. Be Not Always
5. State Of Shock
6. We Can Change The World
7. The Hurt
8. Body

Known songs that didn’t make the cut according to @Hot_Street article

9. Bad Company (Tito)
10. Buffalo Bill

so 7 songs remain, what are the titels and which brother sang them?

Alright 17 songs for Victory

1. Torture
2. Wait
3. One More Chance
4. Be Not Always
5. State Of Shock
6. We Can Change The World
7. The Hurt
8. Body

Known songs that didn’t make the cut according to @Hot_Street article

9. Bad Company (Tito)
10. Buffalo Bill

so 7 songs remain, what are the titels and which brother sang them?
here are some:
Outtakes:
Bad Company (written by Tito Jackson)
Born to Love
Buffalo Bill (Michael Jackson, John Barnes)
Doing Dirty (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
Fantasy (written by Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson)
Far Far Away (written by Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)

I'm In Love With You (written by Marlon Jackson)
Just Feel It (written by Michael Jackson)
Nona (written by Jackie Jackson)
Power (written by Jackie Jackson)
Somewhere In Time (written by Michael Jackson)
Still in Love with You (written by Randy Jackson)
Tender (written by Jackie Jackson)
Victory (written by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury)
Where Do I Stand (written by Marlon Jackson)

here are some:
Outtakes:
Bad Company (written by Tito Jackson)
Born to Love
Buffalo Bill (Michael Jackson, John Barnes)
Doing Dirty (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
Fantasy (written by Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson)
Far Far Away (written by Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)

I'm In Love With You (written by Marlon Jackson)
Just Feel It (written by Michael Jackson)
Nona (written by Jackie Jackson)
Power (written by Jackie Jackson)
Somewhere In Time (written by Michael Jackson)
Still in Love with You (written by Randy Jackson)
Tender (written by Jackie Jackson)
Victory (written by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury)
Where Do I Stand (written by Marlon Jackson)
That’s 13 extra, the article stated 17 songs so some of these were probably never considered
Thanks though!

Also they are probably all as good as finished so thzt’s something to look forward to I guess

As part of the Victory Tour, Michael Jackson’s Performs at Madison Square Garden New York City, 1984
August 05, 2024
On this date in 1984, Michael gave the second of two Victory Tour performances with his brothers at New York City’s Madison Square Garden; two sold out shows with 32,000 people in attendance in total. The encore of the shows included “Beat It” and “Billie Jean”

Back