Victory 40th Anniversary

This thread is absolutely insane. Wasn't expecting some of the stuff I just read AT ALL lol.

It's so cool watching that T40 HQ footage, but man, the band just sounds terrible.

Michael Jackson’s Dangerous World Tour Comes to Italy in 1992
July 02, 2024
This week in 1992, Michael brought the Dangerous World Tour to Italy with one performance in Rome, and two more in Monza. This image of Michael is from his show at Rome’s Stadio Flaminio. He also went record shopping in Rome. Were you at the shows? #MJTours
confused-britney-spears.gif

Last edited:
20. Born to Love (written by Michael Jackson)
21. Doing Dirty (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
22. Fantasy (written by Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson)
23. Far Far Away (written by Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)
24. Just Feel It (written by Michael Jackson)
25. Slipped Away (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
26. Somewhere In Time (written by Michael Jackson)
27. Victory (written by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury)
28. Why Can't I Be (written by Michael Jackson)

Do these even exist in recorded form or are they just a fantasy

20. Born to Love (written by Michael Jackson)
21. Doing Dirty (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
22. Fantasy (written by Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson)
23. Far Far Away (written by Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)
24. Just Feel It (written by Michael Jackson)
25. Slipped Away (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
26. Somewhere In Time (written by Michael Jackson)
27. Victory (written by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury)
28. Why Can't I Be (written by Michael Jackson)

Do these even exist in recorded form or are they just a fantasy

All the songs exist

20. Born to Love is written by Jackie and submitted on tape in 1982
21. Doing Dirty was submitted in 1982
22. Submitted in 1982
23. Submitted in 1982
24. No idea where this title comes from
25. Submitted in 1980. Outtake from Triumph
26. Submitted in 1980 with Why Can't I Be. Outtake from Triumph
27. No submission. Never finished.
28. See 26

All the songs exist

20. Born to Love is written by Jackie and submitted on tape in 1982
21. Doing Dirty was submitted in 1982
22. Submitted in 1982
23. Submitted in 1982
24. No idea where this title comes from
25. Submitted in 1980. Outtake from Triumph
26. Submitted in 1980 with Why Can't I Be. Outtake from Triumph
27. No submission. Never finished.
28. See 26
26 iirc without MJ vocals?

If only Michael had been the lead singer on this album it most likely would have ended up as my second favorite behind Thriller. Now I still love it but I miss Michael’s voice. Just listen how he transforms songs, how he makes songs light up on tracks like Can You Feel It, Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming and Torture

If only Michael had been the lead singer on this album it most likely would have ended up as my second favorite behind Thriller. Now I still love it but I miss Michael’s voice. Just listen how he transforms songs, how he makes songs light up on tracks like Can You Feel It, Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming and Torture
true, but I think his brothers show their very best

I do wish Michael was more present throughout the album but seems like what he intended for the album didn't make the cut. My guess has always been while he was recording his demos, he felt they were too good for Victory [i.e Liberian Girl and Buffalo Bill] so he gave them throw aways [Be Not Always from 1979 and SOS from 1982]

Michael didn't want too much focus on himself. He wanted his brothers to shine and even requested he be behind his brothers on the album cover

Last edited:

I agree but for some reason I really like the contrast between the brothers (especiallyJermaine) and Michael, like the moment after Jermaine did his part in 'Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming' and Michael takes over: goosebumps!

When it comes to the order of the tracklist, I think it's well done that State of Shock follows Be Not Always. It's the strongest contrast on the album and it makes State of Shock stand out even more.

I do wish Michael was more present throughout the album but seems like what he intended for the album didn't make the cut. My guess has always been while he was recording his demos, he felt they were too good for Victory [i.e Liberian Girl and Buffalo Bill] so he gave them throw aways [Be Not Always from 1979 and SOS from 1982]
Maybe but I will never call Be Not Always a throw away. It is one of his most delicately sung songs and truly heartbreaking
Michael didn't want too much focus on himself. He wanted his brothers to shine and even requested he be behind his brothers on the album cover
It seems that way

I agree but for some reason I really like the contrast between the brothers (especiallyJermaine) and Michael, like the moment after Jermaine did his part in 'Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming' and Michael takes over: goosebumps!
Yes that is why I highlighted those 3 songs. The contrast works but it begs for more imo. Live it is even more drastic, he just transforms the song into something epic

when Michael comes in on Can You Feel It, that's just pure eargasm

Maybe but I will never call Be Not Always a throw away. It is one of his most delicately sung songs and truly heartbreaking

It seems that way
Well I guess not throw aways but more so songs that were intended for other albums.

i think if michael sung leads, the songs would have to be rewritten melodically to accommodate his wider vocal range.

Back