Victory 40th Anniversary

michael’s personal chef from the ‘victory’ tour is now on instagram. he is also celebrating the 40th anniversary of the tour. his entire account is dedicated to sharing rare photos & memories. among other things, he confirms yet again that michael was vegetarian. it seems that he was close with the crew. he even reveals information about the costumes and such.. I personally see this as an extension of ‘stories from the room’. I welcome new information from this time period 💜

Last edited:
About the Vegetarian stuff and Victory tour, a sketch from Michael about the Kreetons:

tumblr_mm9jaulPSn1qfj1o3o1_540.jpg

"
MJ's note to Larry Larson on what the "Kreeton" creatures from the Victory Tour would look like, note says:
Larry, these are some rough drawings I did of The Kreeton people. You remember that (???) through their chest, their [sic] bigger than life. Kreeton's are people of the night, they are meat eaters.Their [sic] evil, like all meat eaters.Lets make magic.- Michael J"

About the Vegetarian stuff and Victory tour, a sketch from Michael about the Kreetons:

tumblr_mm9jaulPSn1qfj1o3o1_540.jpg

"
MJ's note to Larry Larson on what the "Kreeton" creatures from the Victory Tour would look like, note says:
yes, I’m familiar with this. in fact I remember there being footage of one of the keyboardists discussing this. it was when michael was dictating the music for the concert intro to him, note for note - which he composed himself.

I knew michael was a vegetarian during this time period. there were several sources that revealed this, including his family. yet posters on this very board tried to bully me into believing that michael was munching kfc, drinking alcohol, using profanity, being promiscuous, etc it was the complete opposite in the early eighties.

it makes me feel good because I’ve been vegan for almost twenty years 💜

yes, I’m familiar with this. in fact I remember there being footage of one of the keyboardists discussing this. it was when michael was dictating the music for the concert intro to him, note for note - which he composed himself.

I knew michael was a vegetarian during this time period. there were several sources that revealed this, including his family. yet posters on this very board tried to bully me into believing that michael was munching kfc, drinking alcohol, using profanity, being promiscuous, etc it was the complete opposite in the early eighties.

I mean later in life he was eating KFC and drinking alcohol. Perhaps posters are referring to his flight menu from 2003.

Bit melodramatic of Michael to label all meat-eaters as evil :rolleyes:

I mean later in life he was eating KFC and drinking alcohol. Perhaps posters are referring to his flight menu from 2003.

Bit melodramatic of Michael to label all meat-eaters as evil :rolleyes:
no, they knew fully well that it was pertaining to the ‘thriller’ era, because the posts were made under those threads. I rarely, if ever, venture beyond that time period. they were trying to ruin it for me.

It's probably true that frequently eating meat brings out predatory instincts, with repercussions often beyond our scope. Think about what "evil" really is, not just a word we throw around but as a power dynamic and justification of our behavior towards other beings.

Off topic, in later interviews Michael said he wanted to keep to strict vegetarian but often doctors made him include meat in his diet. Just some reflections 💖

It's probably true that frequently eating meat brings out predatory instincts, with repercussions often beyond our scope. Think about what "evil" really is, not just a word we throw around but as a power dynamic and justification of our behavior towards other beings.

Off topic, in later interviews Michael said he wanted to keep to strict vegetarian but often doctors made him include meat in his diet. Just some reflections 💖
The definition of evil is "profoundly immoral or wicked". For Michael to call all meat eaters evil is ridiculous especially considering he ate it at various points in his life.

Yes doctors did make him include meat in his diet because he wasn't getting the right nutrients his body needed between his strict vegetarian/fasting diet and rumoured anorexia.

No idea what the Estate is waiting for. Get the reels and start editing.....make sure Randy the brothers are treated equally and fairly and I'm sure they'll be on board

You are very courageous to be vegan, I think it's really difficult in society where meat is everywhere.

Have you a link to see the footage of the keyboardists, I really like the music of kreetons.

For Michael, I really don't see the big deal about him to be vegetarian during this time, I mean he wouldn't have paid a vegetatian cook if he was not serious about this subject, I don't see why some fans would have tried to deny that.

I really love the Victory intro, maybe some peoples find melodramatic this message, but I think it was how he was very passionate about this, how he have a strong sense of ideal and moral world where good and evils is clear, I think that the way he was, it was his inner morality.

No idea what the Estate is waiting for. Get the reels and start editing.....make sure Randy the brothers are treated equally and fairly and I'm sure they'll be on board

Nobody wants that cause we are getting Jaafar's amazing film. And he will surely peform the Victory Tour too!

it's sarcasm btw.

If I've not bought the album after 40 years, then it's quite clear I never really wanted it in the first place. I'm definitely not gonna buy it know if it's gonna sound worse than the original I could pick up for $3. And given this was released before what I'd call remixes were around, I can't conceive of any collection of filler tracks that would make this a worthwhile purchase.

On the other hand, the Victory tour is a different question. I will definitely buy a live DVD before the end of the year. It's up to Sony if they can come up with an official release in time, containing the brothers doing a commentary, etc.

If I've not bought the album after 40 years, then it's quite clear I never really wanted it in the first place. I'm definitely not gonna buy it know if it's gonna sound worse than the original I could pick up for $3. And given this was released before what I'd call remixes were around, I can't conceive of any collection of filler tracks that would make this a worthwhile purchase.

On the other hand, the Victory tour is a different question. I will definitely buy a live DVD before the end of the year. It's up to Sony if they can come up with an official release in time, containing the brothers doing a commentary, etc.
Victory [Remastered]
1. Torture
2. Wait
3. One More Chance
4. Be Not Always
5. State of Shock (with Mick Jagger)
6. We Can Change the World
7. The Hurt
8. Body
Bonus Tracks
9. Where Do I Stand
10. Power
11. Nona
12. I'm in Love with You
13. Bad Company
14. Still in Love with You
15. Torture (Original version with Jackie)

DVD
Released in the quality we got from T40
Backstage footage
Interviews
Torture and Body videos remastered

Nobody wants that cause we are getting Jaafar's amazing film. And he will surely peform the Victory Tour too!

it's sarcasm btw.
I haven't seen anybody say they don't want concert releases because of the biopic. Stop making stuff up to get annoyed about.

Victory [Remastered]
1. Torture
2. Wait
3. One More Chance
4. Be Not Always
5. State of Shock (with Mick Jagger)
6. We Can Change the World
7. The Hurt
8. Body
Bonus Tracks
9. Where Do I Stand
10. Power
11. Nona
12. I'm in Love with You
13. Bad Company
14. Still in Love with You
15. Torture (Original version with Jackie)
16. Buffalo Bill
17. State of Shock (Original with Freddie)

16. Buffalo Bill
18. Chicago 1945
19. Dream Away
20. Born to Love (written by Michael Jackson)
21. Doing Dirty (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
22. Fantasy (written by Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson)
23. Far Far Away (written by Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)
24. Just Feel It (written by Michael Jackson)
25. Slipped Away (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
26. Somewhere In Time (written by Michael Jackson)
27. Victory (written by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury)
28. Why Can't I Be (written by Michael Jackson)

16. Buffalo Bill
I wanted to add them but I also wanted to be realistic about it because we know the Estate isn't going to do approve those lol

18. Chicago 1945
19. Dream Away
20. Born to Love (written by Michael Jackson)
21. Doing Dirty (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
22. Fantasy (written by Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson)
23. Far Far Away (written by Michael Jackson, Carole Bayer Sager, David Foster)
24. Just Feel It (written by Michael Jackson)
25. Slipped Away (written by Michael Jackson, Marlon Jackson)
26. Somewhere In Time (written by Michael Jackson)
27. Victory (written by Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury)
28. Why Can't I Be (written by Michael Jackson)

See above lol. Also, Slipped Away, Somewhere in Time and Why Can't I Be are triumph outtakes and Born to Love is written by Jackie

Where is this Just Feel It title coming from?

Last edited:
Reviews now and then:
The Jacksons’ ‘Victory’ Turns 40 | Album Anniversary
June 28, 2024 Andy Healy
And to be fair, in part Victory is a celebration of each member’s growth as an artist, but the album ends up being less of a concerted and focused effort and more a sampling of six solo albums.
POP:'VICTORY' ALBUM ECHOES JACKSONS' TOUR
By Robert Palmer
July 7, 1984
Advance orders for ''Victory'' have added up to two million copies, the largest advance shipment in the history of CBS Records. The albums arrived in stores last Monday, preceded by the first song from the album, ''State of Shock,'' released as a single. The song was written and arranged by Michael Jackson and features a duet between this most popular of the Jackson siblings and Mick Jagger, the Rolling Stones lead vocalist.

With help from ''State of Shock,'' a brittle, guitar-driven rock tune that has been getting extensive radio play around the United States, and with more help from the Jacksons' tour, CBS expects to sell at least five million ''Victory'' albums by the end of October. Over all, ''Victory'' is a slickly produced, catchy and danceable collection of pop and dance tunes by brothers who have been developing individual singing and writing styles and don't seem to have as much in common musically as they once did when they aren't sweetly harmonizing vocally. In addition, Michael Jackson fans may feel a little short-changed; there's less of their idol on the record than they may have hoped for.

Last edited:
Back