Update: TV ALERT: Michael & Bubbles - Animal Planet Documentary 6/22 - 6/24

Re: TV ALERT: Michael & Bubbles -Animal Planet Documentary

cool !! hope someone will upload it :)

Aww I definitely wanna see this! plz someone record it

Oh i have to see this, can someone then made it available to download????

This show will definitely be a nice change from the blood-and-guts-fest that Animal Planet has become.

when does it air??

This sounds sweet :) i'll be watching.

Michael Jackson & Bubbles: The Untold Story

The description of the show: "A documentary about the close relationship between Michael Jackson and Bubbles the Chimp."

..... sounds almost like "the untold story of Neverland" :doh:
I really want to see this one!

I have Animal Planet it is one of my favorite channels to watch. I don't think I am going to watch it. Since I can't handle watching anything that has to do with Michael now. But I will definitely tape this program. And hopefully watch it at another time.

I've never watched Animal Planet in my entire life, lol but I will record this program.

My Optimum online TV Guide describes the show this way...

The King of Pop goes bananas for a chimpanzee

This show will definitely be a nice change from the blood-and-guts-fest that Animal Planet has become.

Amen to that. It used to be my favorite channel but in the last couple of years it's unwatchable. Such a shame.

Don't get your hopes up, this will start of good and then turn. I don't trust the media one point when it comes to shows on MJ.

Nah, i don't believe this will turn negative. Apart from the stupid TMZ story about 'neglected animals at Neverland' which was started by PETA i think, turned out to be nonsense and as far as i know there's nothing but great stuff on Michael and animals. This will be a very nice documentary i bet.

Rarely seen footage of Michael with Bubbles, and his other pets.

Interviews from his sister La Toya, :smilerolleyes: and find out what happened to Bubbles nearly 20 years later.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=15.8190.130533.0.0

Just saw a small preview clip on Entertianment Tonight. La Toya looks like she's crying in front of Bubbles who's actually caged in the clip. Don't know if she's crying or laughing....but her voice quivered and she put her face on her hands as if she were crying.

That was all they showed til monday.

:sad:

http://blogs.discovery.com/the_mole/2010/06/michael-jacksons-most-faithful-friend.html

Michael Jackson's Most Faithful Friend
06/17/2010

Michael Jackson was best known for his music, his undisputed role as the "King of Pop" whose hits just kept on coming, from "Bad" to "Thriller" to "Billy Jean" to "Man in the Mirror," and too many more to list. But Michael's devotion to animals was also legendary---after all, his hit "Ben" portrayed the bond between a boy and his pet rat--and yes, Michael loved pet rats, and had owned many himself. It seemed he could never get enough animals, and not just indoor pets: Michael installed a private zoo at his "Neverland" ranch, housing every species from snakes to llamas and tigers.
But his most iconic pet had long been a chimpanzee named Bubbles, who wore cute-kid clothes, traveled on tour with Michael, and became nearly as famous as his owner. Bubbles, bought by Michael when he was an infant at a research lab, was raised like a human, eating meals at the table, living in Michael's house. Bubbles rose to fame during 1987's "Bad" tour, and even appeared on talk shows, demonstrating his own version of Michael's famed "moon walk."
Michael's sudden death on June 25, 2009, saddened his fans worldwide. And prompted at least some to wonder, whatever became of Bubbles, who seemed to drop out of sight long before the headlines and legal troubles that plagued the King of Pop in later years.
Bubbles, like many pet chimps whose strength makes them unmanageable as companion animals, remains safely out of the public eye, enjoying a tranquil life at a Florida sanctuary for apes who've retired from show business.
Animal Planet's new special "Michael Jackson and Bubbles: The Untold Story," explores the two lives and the story behind this friendship. The documentary will premiere on June 22 at 10 p.m. Narrated by Jim Forbes, it includes interviews with Michael's sister La Toya, and Bob Dunn, the trainer who worked with Bubbles, as well as a wealth of candid footage featuring Michael and Bubbles.
The Mole caught up with Marc Etkind, Animal Planet's vice president for development, as well as the producers of the special, Krishna san Nicolas and Jamie Linn, for some extra insight into the show.

This special is a great window on Michael Jackson's beloved Bubbles and how he has fared. What inspired you to do this program?

At Animal Planet, we are committed to telling compelling stories about the intersection between humans and animals. Could there be a more famous relationship than that between Bubbles and Michael Jackson?

What were the biggest challenges you faced in putting this show together?

There were a few big challenges, but the biggest was the time constraint to get the program done for the premiere date. The production schedule was extremely tight.

Please talk a little about La Toya Jackson's visit with Bubbles.

La Toya visiting Bubbles was a last minute surprise. She mentioned having interest in seeing Bubbles again while giving her interview in LA. Her reunion with Bubbles was very touching and emotional.

Without giving too much away,what will most surprise MJ's fans as they watch the special?

I think they'll be pleasantly surprised to hear never-before-heard stories of Michael and Bubbles from La Toya, as well as to learn the reasons why he was so drawn to animals.

And in producing the show, what if anything surprised YOU the most?

Growing up a huge Michael Jackson fan, I didn't think I would learn anything new, but I was surprised to hear what (actor) Mark Lester had to say. Mark was a close friend of Michael's, and it was fascinating to learn more about the real Michael Jackson.[Lester had appeared in "Oliver!" one of Michael's favorite films.]

Michael was so-well known for his love of animals. Please talk a bit about the bond he and Bubbles shared.

Michael and Bubbles shared a close bond. Since Bubbles was an infant when Michael got him, Michael would have acted as a care-taker to nurture him as a parent would a child.

Thank you all for taking the time to talk about this program. For those who enjoyed Michael's music, and appreciated his love for animals, it's must-see TV.

Growing up a huge Michael Jackson fan, I didn't think I would learn anything new, but I was surprised to hear what (actor) Mark Lester had to say. Mark was a close friend of Michael's, and it was fascinating to learn more about the real Michael Jackson.[Lester had appeared in "Oliver!" one of Michael's favorite films.]

Does Mark Lester donated sperm to conceive Bubbles?

Just asking.

In all seriousness now...that docu DOES sound quite good and normal. No reason at all to believe this might turn negative , it's gonna show new footage of MJ and Bubbles, which is AWESOME! And more on their bond, just great.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Center-for-Great-Apes/38280772330?ref=ts

Bubbles had a special visitor recently who was a surprise even to us! We didn't know until right before her arrival, but LaToya Jackson came to see him. She was amazed by his size... and actually said on camera that they all loved Bubbles very much, but she knows now that chimpanzees should not be pets! Thank you, LaToya.

We allowed Ms. Jackson (with staff supervision) near the enclosure so Bubbles could greet her. She was respectful to our rules and never tried to touch him.
37348_399030742330_38280772330_4779453_2407517_n.jpg

Bubbles clearly seemed to remember LaToya.
37348_399029602330_38280772330_4779359_2419688_n.jpg

Bubbles and friends were very interested in the guest.
37348_399029577330_38280772330_4779356_1560570_n.jpg

She personally thanked each staff member for taking care of Bubbles and the other apes at the Center.
37348_399029592330_38280772330_4779358_6947123_n.jpg

We allowed Ms. Jackson (with staff supervision) near the enclosure so Bubbles could greet her. She was respectful to our rules and never tried to touch him.
37348_399030742330_38280772330_4779453_2407517_n.jpg

Bubbles clearly seemed to remember LaToya.
37348_399029602330_38280772330_4779359_2419688_n.jpg

Bubbles and friends were very interested in the guest.
37348_399029577330_38280772330_4779356_1560570_n.jpg

awwwww .. latoya looks lovely

Back