UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

Re: UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

For goodness sake, hes taking about the SOUND OF THE GUITAR not the lyrics.

Re: UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

For goodness sake, hes taking about the SOUND OF THE GUITAR not the lyrics.
Well its THE SAME SONG am i RIGHT??????? contradiction was the ENTIRE POINT :wild:

Well its THE SAME SONG am i RIGHT??????? contradiction was the ENTIRE POINT :wild:

He was talking specifically about guitar riff, its a term used. Calm down and read the article and then his explanation/apology.

IS THE SAME SONG, the riff is from BOW??? am i right???

Black Or White

I Took My Baby
On A Saturday Bang
Boy Is That Girl With You
Yes We're One And The Same

Now I Believe In Miracles
And A Miracle
Has Happened Tonight

But, If
You're Thinkin'
About My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're
Black Or White

They Print My Message
In The Saturday Sun
I Had To Tell Them
I Ain't Second To None

And I Told About Equality
An It's True
Either You're Wrong
Or You're Right

But, If
You're Thinkin'
About My Baby
Black Or White

I Am Tired Of This Devil
I Am Tired Of This Stuff
I Am Tired Of This Business
Sew When The
Going Gets Rough
I Ain't Scared Of
Your Brother
I Ain't Scared Of No Sheets
I Ain't Scare Of Nobody
Girl When The
Goin' Gets Mean

[L. T. B. Rap Performance]
Protection
For Gangs, Clubs
And Nations
Causing Grief In
Human Relations
It's A Turf War
On A Global Scale
I'd Rather Hear Both Sides
Of The Tale
See, It's Not About Races
Just Places
Faces
Where Your Blood
Comes From
Is Where Your Space Is
I've Seen The Bright
Get Duller
I'm Not Going To Spend
My Life Being A Color

[Michael]
Don't Tell Me You Agree With Me
When I Saw You Kicking Dirt In My Eye

But, If
You're Thinkin' About My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White

I Said If
You're Thinkin' Of
Being My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White

I Said If
You're Thinkin' Of
Being My Brother
Black Or White

Ooh, Ooh
Yea, Yea, Yea Now
Ooh, Ooh
Yea, Yea, Yea Now

It's Black, It's White
It's Tough For You
To Get By
It's Black , It's White, Whoo

It's Black, It's White
It's Tough For You
To Get By
It's Black , It's White, Whoo

Might sound happy, but i mean, IT WAS ACTUALLYTHE POINT! the entire contradiction.... get it??? bye ;D

GUNS N ROSES IS a SOAP OPERA BAND, he is an experts on GAY riffs.... so i guesshe is right... ;D

have you seen axl rose guns n roses guy and his little TIGHT PANTS.... wow, they are so masculine.... :smilerolleyes:
Since when did anyone claim to be masculine??? Their music is much more darker/melancholy and less upbeat than MJ's. That doesn't make anyone of the two better than the other. It just means they are completely different with their musical styles... Hasn't this been explained a thousand times already?
No need to call the band out, No one has done anything wrong and some of you are really coming across as childish. I'm pretty sure even Michael would understand what Slash is trying to spell out.
Would Michael want his legacy to be associated with GNR's tone as being part of his own tone? No. Well Flip the situation and you have Slash's concern.

and for the last time, Its the musical style not the entire song FYI.

Last edited:

He was talking specifically about guitar riff, its a term used. Calm down and read the article and then his explanation/apology.
But i mean im not angry im just EXPLOSIVE :wild:

Since when did anyone claim to be masculine??? Their music is much more darker and less upbeat than MJ's. Hasn't this been explained a thousand times already?
No need to call the band out, No one has done anything wrong and some of you are really coming across as childish. I'm pretty sure even Michael would understand what Slash is trying to spell out.

Its the music style not the entire song FYI.
I totally understand you because of your gif, specially the legends part:)

What are you trying to say exactly?
with this reply of yours to THAT post I did, you just explained the entire POINT OF THE SONG

^^^ thanks again

I should post this in the "Pet Peeves" section but the expression "that's so gay" is one of my modern day pet peeves. It's so offensive to gay people (which I am not - not that there's anything wrong with that, heh).

I should post this in the "Pet Peeves" section but the expression "that's so gay" is one of my modern day pet peeves. It's so offensive to gay people (which I am not - not that there's anything wrong with that, heh).

It's a terrible expression and very offensive.

Imagine if "jew" or "muslim" was used, or any other race or religion.

It's soooo

You are sooo

Just not funny, offensive and infantile.

It's a terrible expression and very offensive.

Imagine if "jew" or "muslim" was used, or any other race or religion.

It's soooo

You are sooo

Just not funny, offensive and infantile.
Honestly...people use this expression all the time, where I live @ least.:mello:

When a celeb uses it, its like armageddon though. IDK.

I don't get all these terms about the guitar sound but at least he wanted to explain what he meant to say. Many people wouldn't bother to do that.

He wasn't saying gay in a defamatory way. He said he meant gay as in happy which is what that term means. Before it was associated with homosexuals, it meant happy. So he did use the term correctly...
if that is what he really meant.

I remember Slash stating Michael was a p**** back in 2007/8? and that he would never let his son anywhere near Michael although he'd like to record a song with him again, I remember these words loud and clear, he said something like ''I'd hold onto my son tightly but I'd like to record with him again'' ... Loser

Who cares about Slash anyway... i realize i wasted my time... you all do... i mean .. an old member of soap opera cheesy band like guns n roses, its so stupid...

Slash says Black or White is "gay" accorrdintg to him "happy" well,

i guess he dint heard the words of the song... the vibe of the song IS POSITIVE

but the MESSAGE, Michael was pretty angry when he wrote "IM AINT SCARE OF NO SHEETS" i mean that line is harldy coming from a "happy" state of mind....

Happy??? and what about the rap Michael wrote there too, gues is relly "happy" as well...
[L. T. B. Rap Performance]
Protection
For Gangs, Clubs
And Nations
Causing Grief In
Human Relations
It's A Turf War
On A Global Scale
I'd Rather Hear Both Sides
Of The Tale
See, It's Not About Races
Just Places
Faces
Where Your Blood
Comes From
Is Where Your Space Is
I've Seen The Bright
Get Duller
I'm Not Going To Spend
My Life Being A Color

yeah well i guess Slash vision of happiness is different than mine... Slash can only play ROMANTIC STUPID LOVE SOAP OPERAS SONGS LIKE "Dont cry"....

Slash can only play stupid soap opera Guns N roses band tunes :smilerolleyes:

and he forgets he played "happy" Black Or White many times LIVE with Michael on STAGE.

Slash go and play SOAP OPERISCAL "NOVEMBER RAIN" and Guns N Roses SOAP OPERA BAND TUNES and SHUT THE F*CK OFF

Geez... :smilerolleyes: :smilerolleyes: :smilerolleyes:

I suggest you educate yourself, before you decide what someone can or can not play!!

I remember Slash stating Michael was a p**** back in 2007/8? and that he would never let his son anywhere near Michael although he'd like to record a song with him again, I remember these words loud and clear, he said something like ''I'd hold onto my son tightly but I'd like to record with him again'' ... Loser

I have never heard of him saying that. Thanks for posting. I hope it is not as it seems because that would just be sad. :(

I just hope....

I have never heard of him saying that. Thanks for posting. I hope it is not as it seems because that would just be sad. :(

I just hope....
:yes:
It wasn't Slash saying that it was in a Tabloid. Always listen to a person first,before believing the rubbish written in print...the gospel comes from the source Not the media.

and how do you know this was the case 100%?

What's your source? I've heard a few people state this as fact on here but after doing my research, like someone else on here said...its pretty much tabloid junk. I've heard Slash himself speak about those accusations and he sounds the farthest from believing that they were true.

One important lesson I've learned from Michael is not to trust what's written in print, 99% sensationalized garbage with 1 % background truth. I mean look at the main story of this thread...there's like three versions from different articles of what Slash actually said regarding Black or White. Which is credible?
On the other hand, If there is an audio or video clip that validates this claim then well that is another story. but just to let you know, I tend to go with first hand accounts as opposed to words printed in black and white.

Last edited:

It was in a tabloid? Which one?! I didn't know this... O___0 that's good to know that it wasn't him that actually said that about him not wanting MJ being around his kid but, did he ever denied that he didn't say this? I think he should clear up this comment just like he has the gay comment about B or W song it would help! Because some of us aren't sure!?

This is the only thing I know he said about M at the time(2008),from Uncut Magazine:
He was asked if he would let his kids meet MJ and he said the first one met him already...but because of the stories in the media..."You know, I give the benefit of the doubt to Michael on everything - innocent until proven guilty and whatnot - but I was thinking, okay Michael, you figure out your shit and I'll hold on to my son!"

This is the only thing I know he said about M at the time(2008),from Uncut Magazine:
He was asked if he would let his kids meet MJ and he said the first one met him already...but because of the stories in the media..."You know, I give the benefit of the doubt to Michael on everything - innocent until proven guilty and whatnot - but I was thinking, okay Michael, you figure out your shit and I'll hold on to my son!"

I stand by that the media will rip apart anything that one says or have said concerning Michael. Especially around that time - any print around the world was just looking for one sentence to twist it and make it,into something negative.

I stand by that the media will rip apart anything that one says or have said concerning Michael. Especially around that time - any print around the world was just looking for one sentence to twist it and make it,into something negative.

Mte.
Mj was for slash a music collaborator not even a family friend,he didn't have to "let his kids with MJ" to prove a point.I bet the magazine pressured him like this and he simply stated that he was a concerned father (in his own very lame language)while M's position was being cleared during the trial.

I agree, Slash seems to have meant that he wouldn't play such a 'happy, upbeat' song. He has always seemed to respect Michael and has worked with him on multiple occasions.

The chopras, on the other hand, disgust me. I saw that dude on the Honda robot commercial and wanted to vomit! What a sham of a person.

Mte.
Mj was for slash a music collaborator not even a family friend,he didn't have to "let his kids with MJ" to prove a point.I bet the magazine pressured him like this and he simply stated that he was a concerned father (in his own very lame language)while M's position was being cleared during the trial.

your most likely right there.. the media is total rubbish and I feel that they would try anything to 'break-up' any friendship or artist collaboration just to get it in the News.. Get the 'Story Sold" ..sadly. Can you imagine how hard they hounded people in MJ's life at those times to get them to say just one thing that they could print and twist it all around. You've got to think I bet a lot really didn't say Nothing to the media but you know they tried real hard to get them to say anything... for a Story.. For Money. I'm glad some ppl. didn't said anything and it really sucks that if a person came forward with good things to say that the 'reporters' would twist it. I despise the Media.

I agree, Slash seems to have meant that he wouldn't play such a 'happy, upbeat' song. He has always seemed to respect Michael and has worked with him on multiple occasions.

The chopras, on the other hand, disgust me. I saw that dude on the Honda robot commercial and wanted to vomit! What a sham of a person.
Exactly. I'll re-post this video again. The Chopras can suck my Socks. That's a prime example of full disrespect.

Last edited:
Back