UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

Re: Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White": & others news too

Uh... Slash... The way you think is gay

Re: Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White": & others news too

I don't think anyone ever "needs" to use the word gay to describe something they don't like. I think it just kind of happens because it rolls off the tongue so nicely. I'm sure lots of homosexuals are offended by it, and I'm also sure lots of homosexuals couldn't care less and use it themselves. It's usually used in that context to describe something as being sissy or girly, and it's admittedly not the most "classy" way to call something girly, but what's with people wanting to turn other people into perfect etiquette having robots? Why should everyone always say "it's not my cup of tea"? Why would you want to strip people of their natural personalities to be more like you? There's so much pretentiousness in some of these comments, lol.

I think saying that you have lost ALL respect for a human being because they used the word "gay" in this context (which somebody said above) is ridiculously strong. It also means that you have no respect for me and probably for many people that you interact with in every day life ;).

Another reason the "gay" usage doesn't particularly bother me is because I know that people who find it offensive are the same people who would say something that would be very hurtful to somebody else belonging to some other group. And you wouldn't even realize it because you'd find it just as harmless and light-hearted as I find calling things I don't like "gay."

Well said!

Most reactions and responses in this thread are gay! ;)

"That's gay" how old we are now...?

slash thinks he is funny do you think he see us laughing :lol:

Video: Adam Lambert update -- 'Nightline' interview, singer on Michael Jackson, Lady GaGa

alambert.jpg

Adam Lambert is the former American Idol contestant who broke the bar with his talent, and stage presence. The singer appeared on Nightline to discuss his musical influences, that range from Michael Jackson and Madonna to David Bowie and Bob Marley. The singer also discusses Lady GaGa with who he recently collaborated.
Lambert recalls what it was like for him as an artist to be on stage for the first time. He says: "I remember being on stage for the first time, in front of a bunch of people. Being nervous, but getting such a thrill out of the applause and the attention. I think I was hooked from that point on."
Adam Lambert discusses Michael Jackson saying: “I think when I first saw 'Thriller'. I heard the song. I loved the song, and I saw the video for it. I thought ‘Thriller’ was the coolest thing in the world, and so when I saw Michael Jackson in it as a zombie, I just thought 'that's it. That is what I want to do.' I was obsessed with Halloween, as a kid. The Halloween costume box was downstairs all year round. I was always playing dress-up. I even practiced that zombie makeup in front of the mirror a couple of times. Lambert goes on to say that he would spend time trying to recreate the scars and zombie make up of the video, with his halloween costumes. He adds: “That was my childhood. Kind of weird."

Lambert says of Madonna: "When I was a kid, I remember playing 'Vogue,' by Madonna over and over again. It was something about the beat that was really cool, and you know Madonna visually, was on the TV all the time, and I just thought she was so beautiful. The spoken word section of all the Hollywood starlets and stars. I didn't even know who those half of these people were. And so I would hear these names and be like, 'who is that?' She says Gretta Garbo and Monroe - I thought she was saying Anne Monroe. I don't know who Anne Monroe is, but at the time, I thought that's who that was. So, a lot of the names I got wrong. As an adult I went back and looked at it and went 'Oh, that is what she was saying. I see."
Lambert discusses Depeche Mode and his first love. "I think it is a Depeche Mode song. Yeah - 'A Pain That I'm Used To,' is on one of their more recent albums, and Goldfrapp did a remix of it that is so trippy. I remember upon breaking up with my first love. I remember listening to that song a lot. I think I really wanted to get used to the pain that I was feeling. Learn how to live with it."

Lambert says of Lady GaGa: " Lady GaGa is great, and is changing pop music and bringing back a certain Rock and Roll spirit, and swagger to the game. This new song 'Speechless' is great because I think it is a departure from what we are used to hearing from her. It is definitely like a throwback vibe. It is like Carol King, Elton John - any 70s singer/songwriter which I think is a good look on her. It shows her range."

Related articles:
Adam Lambert update: Singer talks David Bowie, Bob Marley on 'Nightline'

here is link:http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-M...e-interview-singer-on-Michael-Jackson-Madonna

Michael Jackson's 'This is It' principal dancer recalls Michael's last days

Kriyss Grant, the first dancer Michael Jackson hand-picked to back him up onstage, speaks with Charles Thomson, exactly a year after Michael sold out 50 concerts at London's O2 arena
Kriyss_Grant_1.jpg

Kriyss Grant, the first dancer Michael Jackson hand-picked to back him up onstage, speaks with Charles Thomson, exactly an year after Michael sold out 50 concerts at London's O2 arena. Photo Credit: Sawf News

By Charles Thomson
March 13, 2010, (Sawf News) - Kriyss Grant, the first dancer Michael Jackson hand-picked to back him up onstage, speaks with Charles Thomson, exactly an year after Michael sold out 50 concerts at London's O2 arena.
At 21 years of age, Kriyss Grant has achieved a whole lot. As a teenager he reached the final sixteen of P Diddy's 'Making the Band'. At 20 he was hired by Beyonce Knowles to choreograph her 'I Am...' world tour. Nowadays he's known worldwide as one of the principle dancers for Michael Jackson's ill-fated This Is It concerts.
His big break came shortly after leaving 'Making the Band', when he had a chance encounter with choreographer Frank Gatson.
"I was in New York and I'd recently got kicked off the show," he recalls. "Frank and I ran into each other in a store. He was like, 'Aren't you Kriyss from Making the Band? You have so much talent, I don't know why Diddy kicked you off' and all this. So we exchanged contacts and he kept in touch with me. Working With Beyoncé

"He called me around a year later. Beyoncé was starting up her tour and he said he couldn't think of a better person to audition because he wanted something new, something high energy. So I flew to LA and I danced in front of Beyoncé. She loved it. She said I had to be on her tour."
Kriyss_Grant_2.jpg

Kriyss Grant. Photo Credit: Sawf News

The pair bonded immediately due to their shared work ethic, says Grant. "Beyoncé is a very hard worker and she's very hard on herself. It's funny because we both think the same way. We never think what we do is good enough. We always think we could do better. We say 'OK, it was good enough for that day' or 'that was the best I could do at that moment' but we are never really satisfied.
"Beyoncé always enjoys doing what she's doing. I mean, she doesn't use the bathroom or nothing when it comes to work. She's just always on it and she never wants to eat, she doesn't want to do anything - she just wants to work, work, work."
It was during Grant's time with Beyoncé that Michael Jackson announced his comeback concerts. When Frank Gatson got word of the audition, he told Kriyss he had to go. A lifelong Jackson fan, Grant jumped at the chance. But did he feel apprehensive about leaving behind such a big opportunity on the off-chance that he could dance for Jackson?
"No, it was Beyoncé who pushed me," he laughs. "She told me she was gonna slap me if I didn't go! She was rooting for me and so was Frank. If I didn't make Michael's concerts, I would have met up with the others and been one of the captains on the Beyonce tour." 'This is It' Audition

Seeing the scale of the audition was intimidating, says Grant. "I was very quiet. I was nervous but I was very focused on what I had to do. I just wanted to hurry up and get it over with; just perform and give it my all. But as soon as I auditioned the first time it felt good and I just wanted to keep doing it."
Grant sailed through the first audition and was invited to callbacks, where Jackson watched from the audience and hand-picked his principle dancers. But Grant says he didn't let Jackson's presence throw him off.
Kriyss_Grant_Far_Right_In_White_This_Is_It.jpg

Kriyss Grant practicing for 'This is It' with Michael Jackson, far right in white. Photo Credit: Sawf News

"I was very psyched about the whole thing - about him being there - but once the music came on and it was time to dance, I just let it go. When I perform I throw everything out of the window so it was kind of like he wasn't there. Then after I was done I was like 'OK, I hope he noticed and I hope he liked it'."
He did. According to Travis Payne, Grant was the first dancer Jackson hand-selected, exclaiming, "Look at that joker go!" After the principle dancers were announced, they got the opportunity to meet their hero. First Meeting with Michael

"He shook our hands and everything. He has really big hands," says Grant, who still speaks about Jackson in the present tense from time to time, quietly correcting himself when he notices. "He was just like a statue. His presence was so amazing and I just couldn't believe it. I wanted to cry but I couldn't because my body was in shock.
"Michael said, 'You're amazing,' and he gave me a strong grip handshake that I will never forget. I never thought that day would come, you know? Being a little kid and hoping and dreaming of meeting this person and never thinking you're going to get to. But when I finally did - there was just no other feeling like it. I can't express how I felt." Working with Michael

Dance rehearsals began the next week and were 'intense', says Grant, with only one day off per week. The group rehearsed without Jackson for several weeks, perfecting routines before they joined him onstage. "We would use the time to bond with each other, just building the chemistry between all of us so we could look good together onstage. Michael would pop in from time to time to watch us and give us feedback here and there, but he was very shy in the beginning.
Kriyss_Grant_Right_of_Michael_This_Is_It.jpg

Kriyss Grant practicing for 'This is It' with Michael Jackson, right of MJ. Photo Credit: Sawf News

"The first thing we rehearsed with Michael was They Don't Really Care About Us and a lot of us were messing up because we couldn't stop looking at him. I was really thrown off but I was keeping myself together. I had to keep whispering to my dance partner Dres [Reid], 'Let's just focus, keep it together', and he was saying, 'I can't - it's Michael!' After that first time I was OK. I just made sure I stayed focused and stayed on my game."
Rehearsals with Jackson were sporadic, says Grant, because he had so much else to do. "He had a lot of other stuff to do as far as his vocals, getting his voice right and he had a lot to do with costumes... He couldn't just stay at rehearsal all the time. He had a lot to do with the tour - putting the whole thing together."
Having mastered the routines early on, Grant says that the dancers often performed full run-throughs of the show without Jackson, with special effects and 'slow numbers for Michael' being inserted around the dance heavy tracks. When it came to choosing slow songs, Grant recalls Jackson facing a dilemma over whether to include Human Nature or Stranger In Moscow as his first ballad.
"I remember watching Michael sing and rehearse Stranger In Moscow. He was trying to work out which one to do - if he wanted to do it as a medley, if he wanted to just throw them both in there or maybe include one as an encore. Michael was just trying out different songs, seeing what feelings he had for the songs, which ones were the fan favorites but also which one fit within the whole set list for the tour. There was a lot of that." Jackson was being 'taken advantage of'

Although Jackson was present and involved, Grant raised eyebrows when he stated in a recent interview that he felt early on that Jackson was being 'taken advantage of'.
"I just felt like sometimes they questioned Michael about stuff and I didn't understand that because Michael is the artist," he explains. "I felt like anything Michael says about entertainment, we should all just listen and follow his feelings. If he doesn't feel right about something or if something's not right, I felt like it should just go. He should just have that right to do that.
Kriyss_Grant_Far_Right_This_Is_It.jpg

Kriyss Grant practicing for 'This is It' with Michael Jackson, at far right. Photo Credit: Sawf News

"For me it was just questionable... I'm trying to find the right way to say it... If they really were pushing him to do this or if he knew what was supposed to be done. I just felt like at the bottom line, as an artist, you should have your say. If you don't feel right about anything you shouldn't do it. But I guess people are people, you know, and sometimes you run into little situations. But at the end it was pretty much solved. Michael got his way and things were sorted out. I didn't mean anything else by it." Final Two Rehearsals

During the final two rehearsals Jackson really kicked into gear, says Grant. "I guess he really felt it coming together. We all really felt it coming together in those last two rehearsals. It was just a different feeling those last two nights. Michael was very into it, very open-minded about things. He was just living on the stage. His whole vibe was just different. It was like he was really connecting with us and the music. It just felt done. It was like, 'OK, I can sleep tonight'. He gave you a warm feeling those last two days. We all left with a smile on our face."
He describes the final rehearsal as fairly unremarkable, just another day at work. "The last routine that I remember doing with him was Thriller. He did other things, other songs, and we ran through the whole show. I had a problem with my mask that day - my Thriller mask. It was very tight on my face and it was hard to breathe, but I got through it. It was a very good rehearsal. Before he left he said he would see us tomorrow and 'good rehearsal', with a smile on his face, thumbs up." Michael is No More

The next day, says Grant, seemed like any other until word reached rehearsals that Jackson had been rushed to hospital.
"We were just rehearsing and waiting for him to come in," he says. "Then people started getting phone calls. A lot of people just cut their phones off because it was getting ridiculous. My phone never blew up so much in my life. We were all praying separately and then when we finally all started to get together to pray together, have our last prayer, they came in and told us that he was already gone.
"We all just broke down. A lot of us just split up and went into our own corners and it was like the entire stadium was crying. It was just the worst. It was one of the worst days of my life. It was the ending of something that was going to be so great and so amazing." Performing at the Memorial

Within days the dancers were back in rehearsals, this time gearing up for Jackson's memorial, where they performed Will You Be There with Jennifer Hudson. "It was something beautiful and we thought it was appropriate for his funeral," says Grant. "We wanted to do something that came from us."
The song was originally rehearsed for the This Is It concerts, but its inclusion was never confirmed. "We rehearsed it but not in the sense that we did it over and over," he says. "We did it a couple of times and he was just smiling. He was just getting back onstage so I guess he was reminiscing about certain times. It was a good feeling. It was like a walk through with the music playing and stuff. He sang a couple of lines but the thing with Michael is that he would always tell us not to do it so full out. Save it for the fans. Save it for the audience."
Kriyss_Grant_Right_of_Michael_This_Is_It.jpg

Kriyss Grant practicing for 'This is It' with Michael Jackson, seen right of Michael. Photo Credit: Sawf News

Rehearsing the routine for Jackson's memorial was an emotional experience, says Grant. "It was when we were rehearsing with Jennifer Hudson that it really dawned on me - 'OK, this is... really... he's not here. This is not a dream.' That's when I really broke down. I just started crying. I couldn't hold it in. I'm the quiet one in the group - they pick on me because I'm so quiet - so for me to start crying like that made it OK for everybody else. Mekia [Cox] started crying, then Dres started crying and then other people started. I remember Jennifer was looking at us like, 'Wow'."
It is clear that Grant was deeply affected by Jackson's death. His voice becomes hushed and somber as he remembers the aftermath. "To this day, it's hard for me because I have to answer so many questions when I bump into people. My friends and family understand so they really don't ask me a lot about it, but it's hard to talk to fans sometimes. I still haven't got over it. I still have it, you know. It hasn't been closed. I have dreams about it."
Grant also felt conflicted when the dancers were asked to act as ushers at Jackson's private funeral. "Me being so young - I don't deal with death and funerals easily. The whole funeral was very emotional for me. But at the same time, I had to keep a smile on my face for the family or keep a smile on my face for the others or the kids to let them know it's going to be OK. I was grieving but I felt out of place because I felt it should be their time with their son. I had a lot of mixed emotions."
The release of This Is It also inspired mixed emotions. At the time of release he gave an interview saying he would wait for the DVD. Today he says he still finds it difficult to watch. He is also bemused by some of the choices that were made regarding what was and wasn't included. "It's funny because those bits you see, he's not doing the full out still. There were times where he was really, really doing it, like full out. There are a lot of things that weren't shown in This Is It. I really don't know why that stuff was left out."
Kriyss_Grant_Second_From_Left_Behind_Guy_In_Green_Jacket_This_Is_It.jpg

Kriyss Grant practicing for 'This is It' with Michael Jackson, second from left behind the dancer in green jacket. Photo Credit: Sawf News
Coping With Angry Michael Jackson Fans

One thing Grant and his fellow dancers weren't prepared for after the release of This Is It: A barrage of hate mail from fans who blamed them for Jackson's death.
"You have certain fans that make it seem like it's our fault," he laments. "Like we're just supposed to know how Michael is, or like we were supposed to stop it. We were supposed to do this. We were supposed to do that. It's nothing like that. We have no control over that. We're brand new dancers walking into this whole thing. We're just as shocked as the world is.
"One time I just broke down because they just don't understand how it was. Sometimes I even thought about not having a Facebook and things like that anymore but I can't do that just because of some fans. It's not all fans, just some fans. They are so deeply involved that they just blame all of us. But I'm quiet and I just let them do whatever, because I can't... it's not worth fighting for. A lot of people have their own opinions about it and you can't change that. People are going to say what they want."
Grant says that although the dancers still receive negative messages, it has become less of a problem in recent months. Nowadays he primarily gets emails from curious fans, including a couple of 'crazy questions'. "I guess the craziest question I had was what type of underwear Michael wore. You know, that's a crazy question. I don't know that!" Pursuing Dreams

In recent months Grant has been picking up where Jackson left off, he says, by performing in a number of charity shows. "I did a couple of things here in West Palm Beach for different schools, trying to raise money for different causes like children that have AIDs, abused kids and things like that. Then recently Frank and I went back to his high school in Milwaukee.
Kriyss_Grant_Second_From_Right_This_Is_It.jpg

Kriyss Grant practicing for 'This is It' with Michael Jackson, second from right. Photo Credit: Sawf News

"We're trying to keep the arts living on and let the kids know that they can do what we're doing if they stay focused, stay positive and work hard. Nothing is impossible. I started just like these kids. Right from when I was 14 or 15, I just kept going. Sometimes I got discouraged but you have to just keep going.
"I feel like with kids they just need that person, no matter who it is. If their mum or dad isn't there for them, they look up to artists. They look up to anyone who will give them time and speak with them. They will cherish that. I know we changed a couple of kids' lives in Milwaukee by encouraging them to pursue what they want to do."
With an album in the works, an invitation to choreograph Kelly Rowland's next tour and a couple of record deals on the table, Grant says he now wants to make it big in the music industry.
Kriyss_Grant_3.jpg

Kriyss Grant. Photo Credit: Sawf News

"My dream now is to become an entertainer. Just like Michael was. I just want to entertain, have my own music videos, music. Not even do it for the money, just do it for myself and for people who actually appreciate it. That's always been my long-time dream. My other dream came true, meeting Michael, dancing with Michael. Now my last, ultimate dream is to become a successful entertainer and to keep his legacy living on.
"He changed me right from when I was little but now he's taught me that anything is possible. Whatever you do, just go for it and always give it 125%. No... 180%! Just live on the stage. If this is your passion then just have fun onstage. If you're frustrated then let it all out. Connect with the music. Connect with the audience. I just learned so much from him on a professional level, just by watching him, listening to him. He was an amazing man when it came to that. I just want to take that on and use him like a father figure." For more information visit www.kriyssgrant.com

here is link:http://www.sawfnews.com/Entertainment/63069.aspx

Canadian Music Week Toronto interview

I noticed one error in the articles about this, e.g. they wrote "somebody" instead of "everybody" in addition to some sensationalizing e.g. quoting the "gay" comment in the headlines vs. the "f**king amazing to watch". It's also revealing that he was asked 3 times about Michael Jackson. "This was about the 3rd Michael Jackson related question the anchor pair asked" according to the description. Someone commented it seemed like the CNN anchors interviewing him were "looking for a sound bite".

thank you mjjer

Canadian Music Week Toronto interview

I noticed one error in the articles about this, e.g. they wrote "somebody" instead of "everybody" in addition to some sensationalizing e.g. quoting the "gay" comment in the headlines vs. the "f**king amazing to watch". It's also revealing that he was asked 3 times about Michael Jackson. "This was about the 3rd Michael Jackson related question the anchor pair asked" according to the description. Someone commented it seemed like the CNN anchors interviewing him were "looking for a sound bite".

that sounds good. and since he's a musician, that travelled the world....well, his indictment of america, is going to be hard to refute.

Now, with benefit of hindsight, Slash tells Spinner he may have been a bit hasty with his colloquial insult.

"I thought about that afterward 'cause really that just came right out... now I think it sounded a bit too derogatory," Slash says. "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. It just doesn't sound like me, anyone would know that. It's not the guitar sound you would expect from me, but somehow I got pigeonholed as the guy who played on that song."

Despite the controversy, many in the online community stand by their original mistaken belief. As of publishing, Slash's Wikipedia page still claims the guitar legend played on Jackson's smash single which topped the singles chart in 19 countries and has been certified platinum.

As Slash made clear, he did play on Michale Jackson's 'Dangerous' album, albeit on another track: 'Give in to Me.' And if he had played on 'Black or White,' he wouldn't be dissing it decades later.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/03/15/slash-rethinks-gay-comment-on-michael-jackson-guitar-riff/

Now, with benefit of hindsight, Slash tells Spinner he may have been a bit hasty with his colloquial insult.

"I thought about that afterward 'cause really that just came right out... now I think it sounded a bit too derogatory," Slash says. "What I really meant was that the sound of the guitar is very happy. It just doesn't sound like me, anyone would know that. It's not the guitar sound you would expect from me, but somehow I got pigeonholed as the guy who played on that song."

Despite the controversy, many in the online community stand by their original mistaken belief. As of publishing, Slash's Wikipedia page still claims the guitar legend played on Jackson's smash single which topped the singles chart in 19 countries and has been certified platinum.

As Slash made clear, he did play on Michale Jackson's 'Dangerous' album, albeit on another track: 'Give in to Me.' And if he had played on 'Black or White,' he wouldn't be dissing it decades later.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/03/15/slash-rethinks-gay-comment-on-michael-jackson-guitar-riff/
Thats what I initially thought too...it was just an expression but @ least he realized some people might have been sensitive to that particular statement and apologized for it. I didn't expect him to apologize tbh. Good on him:wub:

Here's what Slash really said...I believe the previous article made it out to look more dramatic than it really was.

Slash on Michael Jackson Track
'Black or White' Not him, he claims

Legendary Guns N Roses guitarist Slash has settled a long standing debate, by revealing he did not play on Michael Jackson's 'Black And White'.
As a member of Guns N Roses, Slash became part of the most dangerous rock 'n' roll gang on the planet. Hugely respected for his skills as a guitarist, the leather trouser clad musician has appeared on numerous unusual records.
Teaming up with Bob Dylan for 'Wiggle Wiggle' the guitarist then recorded sessions with Michael Jackson. The King Of Pop's single 'Black Or White' contains a choppy guitar riff, which many assumed was the result of Slash.
However in a recent interview the guitarist denied that the track was his handiwork. Speaking to CNN he claimed: "I never played on (Black Or White')". "If you listen to (the hook), that's gay. I'd never play that."
"I played on 'Give in to Me' (also on 'Dangerous') and in the 'Black and White' video, when Macaulay Culkin was trashing around, that's me playing."
Continuing, Slash paid tribute to Michael Jackson. "Michael Jackson was f--king amazing to watch," Slash told the American broadcaster. "The one thing that Michael really wanted was for somebody to like him and those accusations just sorta just killed him."
"The fact that he was doing downers really makes sense for his lifestyle."
Elsewhere, Slash was happy to talk about his former sparring partner Axl Rose, despite the bad blood between them. "I try not to sit there and say derogative things about his personality, because that is what makes him so great. It's just hard for me to deal with," he said.
"And for some other people to deal with, too".

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/slash-on-michael-jackson-track

He didn't like the guitar piece and wanted to set the record straight that he wasn't the one who composed that particluar piece either because its simply not his style, thats all.
Totally overblown guys.

That said, I'm out.

Thanks for this.

He can have his own tastes in how he likes guitar, no problem. Could have chosen a better way to describe his feelings though.

OOp didn't see that. Good on him for setting that right.

Now peeps here going to rectify their insults toward Slash?

I for one had always understood what slash meant...I don't think he would be jamming with Michael so much if he didn't like him..or feel a chemistry as an artist. also I also remember Slash's own words not a media reporters.

good to know. Slash, my apologies.

I find negative things being described as "gay" extremely objectionable. I hate reading comments on youtube with things like "this song is so gay"

I've adored Slash as an artist for nearly 20 years and don't doubt for a second the respect he has for Michael. IMO he's not only very talented but affable with it.

However I wish he would have just apologised for what he said and left things at that. To then make out he meant gay as in 'happy' is ridiculous and not very believable.

I've adored Slash as an artist for nearly 20 years and don't doubt for a second the respect he has for Michael. IMO he's not only very talented but affable with it.

However I wish he would have just apologised for what he said and left things at that. To then make out he meant "gay as in 'happy'" is ridiculous and not very believable.

From what he said in his apology he meant 'happy' as a term for the sound of the guitar.. like 'light', 'pop-py' and thats what he should have said originally, rather than calling this guitar sound 'gay'.

He didn't mean he said 'gay' as in 'happy', as a replacement for the meaning of the particular word. Its seperate. He shouldn't have said it was gay, thats what he apologised for ''I thought about that afterward 'cause really that just came right out, now I think it sounded a bit too derogatory''.. then he went on to say how he should have described it, respectfully. I hope I make sense. :/ Hard to explain.

But yeh.. he was saying that wasn't his style.

See this yahoo question -

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080703181723AAbIVqd

What guitar chords sound "happy" to you?

My friend and I are writing a duet together and we want to see what yhe public thinks are "happy sounding" chords!

Thanks.

I knew it! I knew I would never trust Slash. You know what? For saying that "Black Or White" is gay, then he's gay! Slash is nothing to me, now I hate him.

ermm you may want to see this before you decide to 'hate' anyone.

From what he said in his apology he meant 'happy' as a term for the sound of the guitar.. like 'light', 'pop-py' and thats what he should have said originally, rather than calling this guitar sound 'gay'.

He didn't mean he said 'gay' as in 'happy', as a replacement for the meaning of the particular word. Its seperate. He shouldn't have said it was gay, thats what he apologised for ''I thought about that afterward 'cause really that just came right out, now I think it sounded a bit too derogatory''.. then he went on to say how he should have described it, respectfully. I hope I make sense. :/ Hard to explain.

But yeh.. he was saying that wasn't his style.

See this yahoo question -

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080703181723AAbIVqd

Hi, thanks for your reply. I see what you're saying - you do make sense :) perhaps that IS what he meant but to me the way his second comment was worded made it easy to make the inference I (and others) did:
http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=141&csid2=844&fid1=45084

Just re-reading it again, he doesn't actually apologise for the initial comment but simply rephrases it.

hi :waving:

here is update of the story

Slash article

Slash Rethinks 'Gay' remark -

here is link:http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2010/03/15/slash-rethinks-gay-comment-on-michael-jackson-guitar-riff/

So does that mean he regrets that idiotic comment?

I don't think anyone ever "needs" to use the word gay to describe something they don't like. I think it just kind of happens because it rolls off the tongue so nicely. I'm sure lots of homosexuals are offended by it, and I'm also sure lots of homosexuals couldn't care less and use it themselves. It's usually used in that context to describe something as being sissy or girly, and it's admittedly not the most "classy" way to call something girly, but what's with people wanting to turn other people into perfect etiquette having robots? Why should everyone always say "it's not my cup of tea"? Why would you want to strip people of their natural personalities to be more like you? There's so much pretentiousness in some of these comments, lol.

I think saying that you have lost ALL respect for a human being because they used the word "gay" in this context (which somebody said above) is ridiculously strong. It also means that you have no respect for me and probably for many people that you interact with in every day life ;).

Another reason the "gay" usage doesn't particularly bother me is because I know that people who find it offensive are the same people who would say something that would be very hurtful to somebody else belonging to some other group. And you wouldn't even realize it because you'd find it just as harmless and light-hearted as I find calling things I don't like "gay."

I agree fully with this post i am a Gay male and i say "Gay" all the time when it comes to describing something i don't like I don't find people saying "Gay" as an offensive word or anything its just the context it was used in which might offend me, i really couldn't care less to be honest people can use Gay all they want to describe something but if its used in a Homophobic way then its not on !:yes:

Re: UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

o.k people i just update story about slash in here on the first page where people can see it & i just post it on page 6 o.k :)

Re: UpDate in Slash story, Slash Sets the Record Straight About Michael Jackson’s "Black or White

"Black or White" is a "gay" song? Really? Are we in Kindergarten where that is supposed to be an insult?

I hope he didn't say that and it's just a bad quote from Press looking to start trouble. If he said that, wow. :doh:

Bet he's sorry now to have said "gay." to describe something not to his liking. Live and learn Slash. Kids in schools are being bullied and beaten up and being called "gay". The word was most definitely being used in a derogatory way and Slash himself must have noticed that after the uproar.
Always surprises me when grown men have the vocabulary and sensitivity of heckling 12 year olds during recess.

By the way, I don't even like "Black or White", I concur with Slash on that one. :bugeyed:D

How mature of him.

"dat song's so gay LOL xDDDDD"

Black or White is fantastic.

One of the best live songs EVER! - I love it in This Is It.

Slash says Black or White is "gay" accorrdintg to him "happy" well,

i guess he dint heard the words of the song... the vibe of the song IS POSITIVE

but the MESSAGE, Michael was pretty angry when he wrote "IM AINT SCARE OF NO SHEETS" i mean that line is harldy coming from a "happy" state of mind....

Happy??? and what about the rap Michael wrote there too, gues is relly "happy" as well...
[L. T. B. Rap Performance]
Protection
For Gangs, Clubs
And Nations
Causing Grief In
Human Relations
It's A Turf War
On A Global Scale
I'd Rather Hear Both Sides
Of The Tale
See, It's Not About Races
Just Places
Faces
Where Your Blood
Comes From
Is Where Your Space Is
I've Seen The Bright
Get Duller
I'm Not Going To Spend
My Life Being A Color

yeah well i guess Slash vision of happiness is different than mine... Slash can only play ROMANTIC STUPID LOVE SOAP OPERAS SONGS LIKE "Dont cry"....

Slash can only play stupid soap opera Guns N roses band tunes :smilerolleyes:

and he forgets he played "happy" Black Or White many times LIVE with Michael on STAGE.

Slash go and play SOAP OPERISCAL "NOVEMBER RAIN" and Guns N Roses SOAP OPERA BAND TUNES and SHUT THE F*CK OFF

GUNS N ROSES IS a SOAP OPERA BAND, he is an experts on GAY riffs.... so i guesshe is right... ;D

have you seen axl rose guns n roses guy and his little TIGHT PANTS.... wow, they are so masculine.... :smilerolleyes:

Back