Update: Estate sends cease and desist to Murray / From Estate Of Michael Jackson, Re: Conrad Murray

I was so pleased to see this update today and to read the letter. Well done Mr Weitzman and the Estate. This says all the things I would have wanted the Estate to say to Murray, uses all the right language and points out all the things I would have wanted them to have pointed out - the fact that he he said what he did despite supposedly considering MJ a 'friend', the fact that much of what he said seems to be fabricated, and first and foremost, that it violates the doctor-patient privilege. I don't understand how Murray could expect to get away with it once he opened his mouth for money... if anything the interviews have shown him to be less believable than ever. He denies everything and accepts responsibility for nothing. A sensible person would take the Estate's warning seriously and 'shut up'... but with Murray, who knows? If not, I hope he gets hit with everything that can be legally thrown at him...
(I just wish the kitchen sink could be one of them!) :dropdead:

Very well done the Estate. I am not in America so do not celebrate Thanksgiving, but this is the bestest Christmas prezzie. All that remains now is to dispose of Murray and stop giving him the oxygen of publicity. Maybe place him in a canoe no food or water and set him adrift in the doldrums:pirate:

... if anything the interviews have shown him to be less believable than ever. He denies everything and accepts responsibility for nothing. A sensible person would take the Estate's warning seriously and 'shut up'... but with Murray, who knows? If not, I hope he gets hit with everything that can be legally thrown at him...
(I just wish the kitchen sink could be one of them!) :dropdead:

"A sensible person would take the Estate's warning seriously and 'shut up'... but with Murray, who knows?"

I could be wrong, (for I do not own the truth), but my opinion is that C.M. is NOT either

sensible,
NOR,
sensitive...

PS: Lord please forgive me, but I kinda like the image of a kitchen sink "flying" towards C.M's body, preferably towards his head too... Even if it misses the intended place of impact (grrrr), for sure it (C.M.) would be speechless for some seconds...)
the-sink-was-so-big-i.jpg

That's a pretty good letter. But I hope they will keep they word and if Murray continues with his crap, they will late legal action!

That's a pretty good letter. But I hope they will keep they word and if Murray continues with his crap, they will late legal action!

Doubt they will take any action. They didn't bother following the PCC complaint up.

I applaud the Estate who are as it stands the only ones defending Michael, its shameful not even a statement condemning CM’s actions from the Jackson house, where are you now Randy when we need you, if that was my brother I would be straight to twitter or releasing an official statement saying how disgusted we are with him and what he is publicly saying about our loved one.

Gaz;3934075 said:
I applaud the Estate who are as it stands the only ones defending Michael, its shameful not even a statement condemning CM’s actions from the Jackson house, where are you now Randy when we need you, if that was my brother I would be straight to twitter or releasing an official statement saying how disgusted we are with him and what he is publicly saying about our loved one.

I agree Gaz.. where are they? not one word

Update: Estate sends cease and desist to Murray / From Estate Of Michael Jack...

Folks please remember that you are talking about Michael's mother when you say such coments. For fans who claim to be inspired by Michael to spread hate and negativity goes against everything that Michael stood for. All of this negative energy surrounding Michael and his family can be mitigated by the fan community if you choose to. We do not know all the facts or are not in the shoes of the Jackson family. Katherine is over 80 years old. She is trying the best she can with what is happening and happened. The Jackson's aren't perfect but who is. No one here has the right to judge anyone. This bashing the family just contributes to the degradation of Michael's legacy. I know we may not all agree with their choices but it's not our choice to make. From the comments that I have seen by some of the fan community, I am stunned by the maliciousness and meanness that is radiating out of the community. I'm sorry for speaking up but I have been observing this for a long time and not saying anything. This is not what Michael advocated. Yes we can fight the injustice of what happened to Michael but we can do this in other ways that are more credible and not tearing at Michael's mother and family.

Continued in Part 2

Update: Estate sends cease and desist to Murray / From Estate Of Michael Jack...

Part 2.

How about we refocus our energy and making real change in the world. Ask yourself what is your legacy. Are you making that change? Bashing the jackson family and other fans is actually doing the opposite. You are contributing to the problems that Michael fought so hard to resolve. I say all this with LOVE.

Continued in Part 3.

Part 3

I understand the frustration trust me but I am holding back because I do not have a right to judge anyone including all who make these terrible comments. I just wanted to present another way of handling all of this. Please consider this. Thank you for reading. Sending love and blessings to everyone.

Re: Update: Estate sends cease and desist to Murray / From Estate Of Michael Jack...

While I'm very happy that the MJ Estate have found a legal angle to challenge Murray, I have to say I'm saddened that they couldn't have issued this to him BEFORE he gave his interview and BEFORE the salacious headlines were repeated FOR DAYS afterward.

They have known for years that Murray was MJ's doctor and they must have known for years that Murray was likely to give a media interview or write a book etc. They could have drafted this letter (or a similar one) BEFORE he left jail.

Michael Jackson estate tells disgraced doctor Conrad Murray to shut up
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/enter.../story-fni0bn7c-1226770936061?from=public_rss
IT seems the estate of Michael Jackson is fed up with Conrad Murray selling his story to all and sundry, and has issued him a cease and desist letter telling him to stop talking about the late pop star, reports Radaronline.com.

“Your recent comments to the media about Mr Jackson’s medical treatment and ultimate death shamefully violate the physician-patient privilege under California law,” lawyer Howard Weitzman wrote in the letter Radaronline allegedly obtained from a source close to Murray.

Calling Murray “cowardly” for electing not to take the stand in his involuntary manslaughter trial, Weitzman goes on to say, “Your interviews about Mr Jackson’s personal life, health, and recent stories about the medical treatment you supposedly provided him as a 'friend,' disclose precisely the type of information that the physician-patient privilege is designed to protect.”

The estate is threatening to sue Murray if he continues to talk, and to advise any medical board where he may try to get his medical license reinstated that he’s breached doctor-patient privilege....

Michael Jackson estate sends cease and desist letter ordering Conrad Murray to stop discussing King of Pop
Estate lawyer Howard Weitzman wrote that Murray 'shamefully' violated doctor-patient confidentially law when he recently blabbed about the pop star's health in his first interviews since leaving prison.

BY NANCY DILLON / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2013, 1:19 PM

Conrad Murray recently blabbed about Michael Jackson's health in his first interviews since leaving prison.

Michael Jackson's estate has sent a scathing cease and desist letter to Conrad Murray, ordering the doctor to stop discussing his treatment of the King of Pop.

Estate lawyer Howard Weitzman wrote that Murray "shamefully" violated doctor-patient confidentially law when he recently blabbed about Jackson's health in his first interviews since leaving prison.

Murray told the UK's Mail on Sunday that Jackson was incontinent, saying: "I held his penis every night to fit a catheter."

Weitzman claimed in his stern letter that Murray was Jackson's doctor, not his friend, so all of his communications with the "Thriller" singer were presumed confidential.

The lawyer said the expectation of privacy didn't die with Jackson in 2009.

He said California law states the estate is now the "authorized holder" of the privilege and will never authorize interviews.

Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011.

"It is beyond ironic and cowardly that after electing not to testify before the jury that convicted you, you are not trying to publicly defend your conduct by sharing supposed conversations you had with Michael Jackson and alleged details about Mr. Jackson's medical condition and treatment," Weitzman said in the letter obtained by the Daily News.

Murray, 60, was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 and walked out of jail last month after finishing a four year prison sentence in two years due to jail overcrowding.

"If you continue to violate the oath you took when you were a physician and persist in revealing privileged information (much of which appears fabricated) about Michael Jackson, the Estate will take all necessary and permissible legal action," Weitzman wrote.

Weitzman threatened a lawsuit seeking to stop a future memoir and aggressive efforts to block Murray's attempts to regain his medical licenses in Texas and California.

"It's fairly obvious that this letter was written with the intent to release it to the public and intimidate Dr. Murray," said Murray's criminal appellate attorney Valerie Wass, who was not involved in Murray's recent press interviews.

"I find it absurd that the estate is making such strenuous objections, adamantly protesting comments by Dr. Murray when in fact the door to Michael Jackson's medical history was opened widely by the Jackson family during their wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live," she said Thursday.

Source: nydailynews

I'm very happy the estate sent him this, he had better listen.

Last edited:
"It's fairly obvious that this letter was written with the intent to release it to the public and intimidate Dr. Murray," said Murray's criminal appellate attorney Valerie Wass, who was not involved in Murray's recent press interviews.

"I find it absurd that the estate is making such strenuous objections, adamantly protesting comments by Dr. Murray when in fact the door to Michael Jackson's medical history was opened widely by the Jackson family during their wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live," she said Thursday.

OMG... can that woman be any more damn dumb? Her client is suing the State of Texas to get his medical license back to practice medicine again, and she's got the nerve to pretend like he's doing nothing wrong??? What would it take for her to understand that Murray is clearly violating the patient-doctor rights and him going to the media revealing things THAT WERE NOT in that trial... is a violation of Michael's confidential medical rights?

She's an idiot!

Last edited:
Does she really not understand the difference between such matters being discussed in court and Murray going on tabloid shows and to tabloid papers and disclosing medical information (whether real or made-up) of one of his patients with no other purpose than to make money? And does she really approve these actions by Murray while they are fighting for getting back his licence? It seems like Murray's lawyer is just as much of an idiot as Murray.

StellaJackson;3934066 said:
Doubt they will take any action. They didn't bother following the PCC complaint up.

ivy;3934107 said:

StellaJackson, I believe you are right. I said in another thread the content and the timing of this letter was interesting.

The less publicized complaint was allowed to lapse by the estate while this public letter was sent to Wass. If they had true legal grounds, the estate would simply sue, not send a threatening letter.

I feel this was for publicity and I would like to know who is benefiting from that publicity because it is not Michael, not his family, and not his fans.

While I unfortunately agree with Wass regarding the letter, she is incorrect about Michael' medical history being made public. The estate and the plaintiffs (the Jacksons) sought to keep Michael’s medical records private. The judge and the defense (AEG, who Wass sided with during the civil trial) did not.

Last edited:
if the estate has a legal right to send a cease and desist letter to Murray then they have a legal right to sue his ass. He has done more than enough to be sued and they should sue him without any hesitation. MJ's kids need not to be involved, the estate can represent MJ's interest as they said in their letter. Someone has to take an action against this lunatic or his stories will become more and more absurd.

The estate and the plaintiffs (the Jacksons) sought to keep Michael’s medical records private.

absolutely not true. The estate did fight very hard to keep MJ's medical records private. The Jacksons were so adamant to make them public . They went after Branca publicly for trying to fight their motion. You probably forgot that Randy told AEG lawyers the family tried to intervene 9 times ,MJ was an addict of course that was before they discovered how stupid their strategy was and shifted to "he was on occasions dependent when in great pain" . They needed those records to prove their story that he was an addict , everyone knew that's why AEG should have known.

Give me one evidence the Jackson objected or asked for MJ's medical records to be kept private .

Sending him a threat is much better than saying you forgive him (Tito) or feels he was set up (Jermaine) or even worse sympathizes with him and his need to support his chidlren which he has never done before (Katherine) ; not like I believe her since she already gave a statement under oath her decision was financially motivated.

Last edited:
Can she get any more stupid? While I was against the idea AEG trial how can she claim it's "ABSURD" the estate was "ok" with the trial and not with what Murray is doing? OMG! Murray is "disclosing" (not like I believe it happened) information on tabloids and tv shows AND get paid for it! I'm amazed. She just oudtone her stupidity on the debate with Tmez. STFU Valerie, really.

Can she get any more stupid? While I was against the idea AEG trial how can she claim it's "ABSURD" the estate was "ok" with the trial and not with what Murray is doing? OMG! Murray is "disclosing" (not like I believe it happened) information on tabloids and tv shows AND get paid for it! I'm amazed. She just oudtone her stupidity on the debate with Tmez. STFU Valerie, really.

By the way, the Estate never agreed with the AEG trial.

At least someone is trying to do something to stop this crap. It's wrong beyond words and I don't know what they the legal options they have but at least try something. He killed Michael and he doesn't care or feel bad for it. He is humiliating Michael and getting paid for it. It's like he is getting rewarded for killing someone. It's sick.

It's like it's okay that Michael gets the bad press or whatever but if its someone else like themselves then they are ready to sue and threaten with their actions. If there was restitution against this man this probably would not be happening.

Give me one evidence the Jackson objected or asked for MJ's medical records to be kept private .

Soundmind, it was not that long ago.

Originally Posted by Tygger
Originally Posted by Bubs
"If I remember correctly, the plaintiffs did ask for the medical records to be sealed along with the estate. The defendants fought for their emails."

I think you remember incorrectly. Plaintiffs didn't object the estate's request of medical records kept sealed.
They didn't ask or join to estate's motion, they just didn't object it - not the same thing.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ckson-vs-AEG?p=3818128&viewfull=1#post3818128

I remember correctly.

Originally Posted by ivy
ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 2h
Jacksons' attorney, Brian Panish, told the court emphatically that he believes all docs should be unsealed, except for medical records

AEG's attorney, Jessica Bina, argued that some docs provided in discovery that will not be used in the trial should be kept confidential

An attorney for Michael Jackson's Estate appeared via phone and said the Estate is only concerned about the medical records being released
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ckson-vs-AEG?p=3818213&viewfull=1#post3818213

This woman is as loony as CM :doh:
Jackson "family" is not the same as the estate, and she should direct her comments at "family".
The estate tried to keep Michael's medical records private but unfortunately for "family",40 billion was more important than Michael's medical history or privacy.

Also what CM told to media, was not brought up during the trial, so shut the f..k up Valerie :angry:

Soundmind;3934142 said:
absolutely not true. The estate did fight very hard to keep MJ's medical records private. The Jacksons were so adamant to make them public . They went after Branca publicly for trying to fight their motion. You probably forgot that Randy told AEG lawyers the family tried to intervene 9 times ,MJ was an addict of course that was before they discovered how stupid their strategy was and shifted to "he was on occasions dependent when in great pain" . They needed those records to prove their story that he was an addict , everyone knew that's why AEG should have known.

Sending him a threat is much better than saying you forgive him (Tito) or feels he was set up (Jermaine) or even worse sympathizes with him and his need to support his chidlren which he has never done before (Katherine) ; not like I believe her since she already gave a statement under oath her decision was financially motivated.

You are right.
From Randy's infamous letter:
"However, you did not hesitate writing a letter to Judge Palazuelos presiding over the AEG wrongful death case, wherein, you asked the judge to keep ALL documents handed over by AEG for discover under court seal, clearly protecting AEG, but not protecting our mother nor our niece and nephews Paris, Prince and Blanket. Who are you working for? What is it that you don’t want to be known?"

I don't know if the estate asked judge to keep ALL documents under the seal, but they did ask to keep Michael's medical records kept under the seal. Randy was/is so stupid that it never entered to his mind that there are people out there, who want to protect Michael and his privacy, and he thought the estate was siding with AEG. It never occurred to Randy that they were looking after Michael's best, and wanted to keep everything what might hurt him under the seal, and that is not something what "family" would do for Michael (unheard of).

Please stop picking on Kathryn I think she is a remarkable and beautiful woman and at 83 has to take on 3 young children in todays climate. I don't envy her. Lets not forget she was "golden" to MJ he adored his mother. She has her faults like the rest of us, but what she has to do deal with these past 4 1/1 years is enough to kill anyone. I know she has money and help but does that make it any easier. I am sure there have been times when she would have given anything to be back at 2300 Jackson Street, bringing up 9 children in that tiny house, being a victim of polio when she was 3. Surely the Estate must let her know what they are doing. God bless you Mrs J. :angel:

Please stop picking on Kathryn I think she is a remarkable and beautiful woman and at 83 has to take on 3 young children in todays climate. I don't envy her. Lets not forget she was "golden" to MJ he adored his mother. She has her faults like the rest of us, but what she has to do deal with these past 4 1/1 years is enough to kill anyone. I know she has money and help but does that make it any easier. I am sure there have been times when she would have given anything to be back at 2300 Jackson Street, bringing up 9 children in that tiny house, being a victim of polio when she was 3. Surely the Estate must let her know what they are doing. God bless you Mrs J. :angel:

Not picking a fight but really? Really? I'm sure that everyone will be singing a different tune soon. Or should I say tunes. The time is approaching,I can sense it.

Tygger;3934175ABC7 said:
Court News ?@ABC7Courts 2h
Jacksons' attorney, Brian Panish, told the court emphatically that he believes all docs should be unsealed, except for medical records

For how long? Until the trial began. There was no point in asking the records be sealed (including the Estate), because it was clear from the get go that this will be a main issue used by both sides. And I'm sure Panish was very well aware of that. So yes, the Jacksons did open the door for MJ's medical records to be now a public record. There's no spinning that.

Back