UK TV Alert.....Dangerous Tour Live in Bucharest, TOTP2 & The Michael Jackson Story

daisydaisy

Proud Member
Hey guys,

Good news, besides the MSG concert and Private Home Movies airing, there is more Michael on UK TV over Christmas!!

Double Bill on BBC 2:

Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour On BBC 2, Tuesday 22nd Dec at 11.45pm

Michael Jackson Top of The Pops Tribute
On BBC 2, Wednesday 23rd Dec at 1.15am
A selection of performances by the pop superstar, who died on June 25. Includes some of the artist's most well-known songs, and an archive performance of Rockin' Robin SUB

The Michael Jackson Story On Biography Channel, Saturday 26th December at 9:00pm
The life of the self-proclaimed King of Pop, featuring interviews with his sister La Toya, his mother Katherine, Gladys Knight, Liza Minnelli, Smokey Robinson and Pete Waterman
Documentary

There are a couple of other documentaries too, but I thought these were the most exciting!
All info from: http://www.whatsontv.co.uk/index.php?class=tvlistings&tvg_component=search&tvgSearchPhrase=jackson

==============================================================================

UPDATED LIST:

Monday 21st Dec

7.00pm Channel Five: Studio Five's Jackson Tribute

8.00pm Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 1)

8.30pm Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 2)

9.00pm Channel Five: Michael Jackson The Last Days

10.00pm Channel Five: Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Concert

11.50pm Channel Five: Michael Jackson Not For Sale

Wow.

Tuesday 22nd Dec

11.45pm BBC 2: Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour

Wednesday 23rd Dec

1.15am BBC 2: Michael Jackson Top of The Pops Tribute (Note on in early am straight after Bucharest)

8.00pm Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 3)

8.30pm Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 4)

Thursday 31st Dec

10.00am Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 1)

10.30am Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 2)

11.00am Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 3)

11.30am Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 4)

Friday 1st Jan

8.00pm Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 1)

8.30pm Sky One: Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies (Ep. 2)

Please let me know if there's more to add

Last edited:
Michael Jackson Top of The Pops Tribute On BBC 2, Wednesday 23rd Dec at 1.15am
A selection of performances by the pop superstar, who died on June 25. Includes some of the artist's most well-known songs, and an archive performance of Rockin' Robin SUB

ITS VERY İMPORTANT PLEASE SOMEONE RECORD THİS!!

Nice to see the BBC are doing a Michael Jackson tribute, but Dangerous Tour: Live In Bucharest is a below par performance by Michael, because he was unwell during that concert and it really is a bad representation of Michael Jackson live and the Dangerous Tour, which was far more electrifying than the original BBC ONE version screened in November 1992 (which I recorded) and not contrived like the badly edited HBO version that's now on DVD which has clips from various Dangerous Tour concerts in Europe.

Anyway Michael's performances of Jam, Billie Jean, Working Day & Night and Man In The Mirror are brilliant on the original BBC ONE version, if that is the version they are going to show.

Very good point, benscarr. Would be great if they showed the original BBC version rather than the DVD edit.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...74&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Concert

Monday 21 December
10:00pm - 11:50pm

Five

Michael Jackson's shocking death in June left a huge gap in the music world. One of the biggest-selling and most influential artists of all time, his ground-breaking contributions to music and dance kept him in the media spotlight for four decades. This 30th anniversary concert, first aired in 2001, includes performances by Destiny's Child, Whitney Houston and Luther Vandross, as well as classic performances of his greatest hits by Jackson himself.

Great to see but if i was a scheduler I would try and make CHANGES...they unearth the same repeatitive stuff for so many people..If they don't ave other mj material fair enough..but if they did they should show that instead

Same with like disney films..ALWAYS SAME ONES OVER THIS PERIOD LOL...sword in stone is one of the best but change it up sometimes...they have soooo many selections to choose from...deary me

i presume the dangerous concert on 5 is the one the BBC originally aired as the rights get bought up by different ppl over time. so guessing its that one rather than the actual dvd

Nice to see the BBC are doing a Michael Jackson tribute, but Dangerous Tour: Live In Bucharest is a below par performance by Michael, because he was unwell during that concert and it really is a bad representation of Michael Jackson live and the Dangerous Tour, which was far more electrifying than the original BBC ONE version screened in November 1992 (which I recorded) and not contrived like the badly edited HBO version that's now on DVD which has clips from various Dangerous Tour concerts in Europe.

Anyway Michael's performances of Jam, Billie Jean, Working Day & Night and Man In The Mirror are brilliant on the original BBC ONE version, if that is the version they are going to show.

Whoa hang on. Who says Michael was unwell during the Bucharest concert? It was an awesome show!

If its becausae of his singing during WBSS and Human Nature, then his voice was like that for the entire tour. Not just Bucharest.

the HBO editing is crap I wish they showed the original footage

TV3 in Ireland are showing Living With Michael Jackson... I'm not sure whether to be happy about this or not...

Amazing news regarding MSG and Bucharest being shown, as well as the TOTP special. :)

They need to get PHM off Sky and onto a main channel too.
that was shown on 5 at the time whether that counts as a main channel i dunno

I hope they show the BBC version of Bucharest as I have watched the DVD copy over 10000 times.. will be nice to see different angles/etc. :D roll on next week! Can't wait to watch 30th anniversary on the huge TV! The top of the pops sounds interesting, did Michael perform on Top of the pops? I know he sent them video messages. :S

he performed in 72 and around 78/79 rocking robin thats been shown 20 mill times and destiny which hasnt been shown much

Re. TII (Smooth Criminal original B+W films) 'Gilda' is being shown on Xmas eve at 02.10 am, on BBC2 (Xmas morning really.)

Does anyone know if the J5 were guests on the Andy Williams Xmas show in the 70's? (Ref . 20th Dec, BBC4 'The Andy Williams Xmas show' 1962-1974?
- I haven't been able to find any guest lists for these dates).

i presume the dangerous concert on 5 is the one the BBC originally aired as the rights get bought up by different ppl over time. so guessing its that one rather than the actual dvd

The Dangerous concert is on BBC2 not 5

there's also a Culture Show MJ special on before Bucharest but I doubt it'll be worth watching since they are so pretentious and up their own arse it will be all negativity and so called 'experts' like that old 'psychologist' bloke they always have on these shows to talk smack about celebrities

Why is it so darn LATE?

:(

Great that they are showing them!! I'm SO EXCITED!

can you please update the first post with

Channel five on monday 21st dec

7.00pm studio fives jackson tribute

9.00pm michael jackson the last days

10.00pm michael jackson 30th anniversary concert

11.50pm michael jackson not for sale

and the totp2 special is on tuesday at 1.45pm bbc2 after the dangerous tour

Back