UK FANS - Don't forget you can download HMH on iTunes as of today. Lets get it to number one!

If we buy it today, won'[t it count towards todays chart? Surely it's better to wait until Monday (or tonight) isn't it so that it's number 1 next Sunday?

Not sure. I assume it counts from today.

Don't they compile the chart on Sat night?

I don't know but if you listen to the chart they tell you it could all change before the end of the show so I assume they count Sunday's purchases too.

I'm sure the UK chart runs from Saturday Midnight, otherwise why would singles be released on Sunday?
I've always believed the cut off date is Midnight on Saturday so sales on Sun-Sat count for the chart.

Here you go:
The end of week charts reflect all sales which have been reported from 00.01 Sunday, through to midnight Saturday.

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/faqs/

So all of todays sales on iTunes will count towards next weeks official top 40??

I've pre-ordered the CD Single from HMV. It should arrive tomorrow. That counts towards next week's charts.

If people residing outside uk purchase the cd single from hmv would it count towards the charts or would it be counted as a foreign sale and wont reflect chartwise.

If people residing outside uk purchase the cd single from hmv would it count towards the charts or would it be counted as a foreign sale and wont reflect chartwise.
CD sales ordered from and delivered to an address outside of the UK don't count towards the UK chart.

It's up to the general public to help us out on this one!

It should get more airplay on radios now it's released thus more people would then buy it.

Need to keep requesting anywhere and everywhere possible! :yes:

Hi all,

Just to remind everyone that in order for Hold for my Hand to chart on tonight's Big Top 40 across the commercial radio network, you need to download the track by 6pm TODAY.
The Big Top 40 reflects today's ITunes chart Top 10 and the No.1 come 6pm. So get downloading today...

The Big Top 40 airs today 4-7pm across commercial radio.

Also listen out for Akon on London's Capital FM today as he performs at the Jingle Bell Ball today at the 02. More online at www.capitalfm.com

Oh and I've heard the album. Sounds amazing!

Kevin

I just looked on my Itunes and all I found was the song itself :S none of the additional tracks that are included on the physical copy is this just a fluke? or is it supposed to be like that

I just looked on my Itunes and all I found was the song itself :S none of the additional tracks that are included on the physical copy is this just a fluke? or is it supposed to be like that

The bonus tracks are CD-only.

I heard it on Radio 1 this morning so its getting some airplay. Going to download mine this evening when I have some time.

Uk people you can help by spreading it using twitter,facebook and encouraging friends & family to download the track.let's make MJ no 1.

Just bought my Hold My Hand physical copy from amazon. Can everyone post if they have bought it in this thread so we have an idea of sales from MJJC alone.

Now to buy my download copy...

as soon as it hits the top 40 it will have more airplay and then when it hits the top 10 more people will buy it! At the moment it is going up nicely, think its in the 60s!

Hi all,

Just to remind everyone that in order for Hold for my Hand to chart on tonight's Big Top 40 across the commercial radio network, you need to download the track by 6pm TODAY.
The Big Top 40 reflects today's ITunes chart Top 10 and the No.1 come 6pm. So get downloading today...

The Big Top 40 airs today 4-7pm across commercial radio.

Also listen out for Akon on London's Capital FM today as he performs at the Jingle Bell Ball today at the 02. More online at www.capitalfm.com

Oh and I've heard the album. Sounds amazing!

Kevin
Thanks Kevin. So I was right then? Todays downloads (up until 6pm) count towards todays chart and not next weeks?

I'm just wondering if HMH has a better chance of getting to No. 1 next week if we download it after 6pm. I can't see it getting No. 1 slot today 'cos most of the general public don't even know it's being released today! I still haven't heard it on Heart Fm apart from once on the first day it was released to radio!

The Big Top 40 on commercial radio is different to the official UK chart. All downloads today will count towards todays big top 40 and next weeks official UK Chart. The official Uk Chart is the one that is important.

I bought it today.

So just to confirm-if we buy today, that sale will count towards the uk official chart for next week as well as the official top 40 of this week? We all need to be on the same page so that all our purchases do count

Back