Tue 24th June 08..new publicist?... Breaking... Feldman says MJ DID NOT ABUSE HIM

L.J

Proud Member
G'day everyone :)

Shannon and I swapped news days for this week :giggle: so here's today's thread :kickass2:

News is circulating around MJ having a new publicist.

Michael Jackson News:

Gone on Business, but Back by Storytime

By LOIS NAJARIAN O'NEILL; as told to JOAN RAYMOND
Published: June 24, 2008
IT’S no secret that publicists travel a lot. In nearly two decades, I’ve probably circled the globe at least twice, going on tour, on photo and video shoots and doing what publicists do, which is helping clients at a moment’s notice. I always loved the whole experience of arriving in a new place.

24flier-inline-190.jpg

But things have changed.
I have become the queen of the one-day trip. I never thought I’d be this person who wants to be close to home all the time. But I am, and my friends think I’m nuts.
My crazy one-day-trip obsession was born from both practicality and paranoia. I can’t stand losing a whole day on a cross-country flight so I’d rather be sleep-deprived than stuck on a plane. And paranoia is something that almost all entrepreneurs understand. When my daughter was born, I was in a senior position at Epic Records. It’s tough to run with the big boys, and I didn’t want my boss or my artists to think a new baby would stop me from traveling.

Now with my own company, I have the same challenges. My clients have become my bosses, and I don’t want them feeling abandoned.
My goal for the perfect business trip is to leave in the morning, come back in the evening, with no one the wiser, especially my daughter, who counts on me for gymnastics and music classes, home-cooked meals and mom time.
Recently, I’ve flown twice to Las Vegas to meet with my client Michael Jackson. For my first meeting, I left on a 6:30 a.m. flight from Kennedy International Airport and, because of the time change, arrived in Las Vegas early in the morning.
Though I wasn’t staying the night, I booked a hotel room since I had a lot of time between my arrival and my meeting. The hotel room was amazingly inexpensive, and gave me a place where I could do some work, reply to e-mail messages and keep on top of any crisis that might have been happening back in New York. As soon as my meeting ended, I packed up and took a 9 p.m. flight back to the city.

Other recent one-day flights included a trip to Los Angeles in the morning to oversee an entire press junket with Quincy Jones. I also made a day trip to Miami for a Jennifer Lopez record release party, had a one-day excursion to Nassau in the Bahamas for a magazine shoot for Shakira, and met with Oprah Winfrey’s show producers in Chicago. The best news about all these trips is that my daughter rarely had time to register that Mommy was gone for a while. And neither did my clients.
I recently did a one-day trip to Paradise Island, Bahamas, for my client Sean Kingston. He was booked on the television show “Live With Regis and Kelly,” which was shooting on location there. Sean, who is a teenager, was supposed to be swimming with the dolphins. But when it came time to pick him up to leave for the airport, he was nowhere to be found. With the help of a search party on golf carts, Sean was finally located and then deposited at the airport. Even the best efforts of a teenager couldn’t ruin my record of being the queen of the one-day trip.

LINK

Michael Jackson News and Mentionings:

Tune In ... "BET AWARDS '08" - 'The Hottest Ticket on Television' - Premieres Tuesday, June 24 at 8:00 P.M.*

Posted on: Tuesday, 24 June 2008, 02:29 CDT

Tagged as "the hottest ticket on television," BET AWARDS '08 brings together the biggest stars in music, sports and entertainment for an electrifying evening. For the past seven years, the BET AWARDS has boasted unforgettable moments such as Michael Jackson's surprise appearance during James Brown's tribute; Rick James in his final duet with Teena Marie; Will Smith presenting Muhammad Ali with the first-ever Humanitarian Award; Prince onstage backing Chaka Khan; Stevie Wonder, Yolanda Adams and India Arie in a powerhouse tribute to Rufus' first lady of funk; Destiny's Child's steamy lap dance; the reunion of one of hip hop's most beloved trios, The Fugees; and last year's touching opening performance with Jennifer Hudson and Jennifer Holliday.

FULL ARTICLE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spotlight on Quincy Jones Featuring Michael Jackson, Tamia & Barry White

Posted on June 24, 2008 10:00 AM

vh1Soul is one of my favorite channels -- not just because they play the videos that never seem to get any play elsewhere, but also because they air some of the best music documentaries ever made. Last night I stumbled on "Listen Up: The Lives of Quincy Jones" -- which I've seen before but it's been quite awhile (the doc was made in 1990). I've always been awed at Quincy Jones' 60-year career and the way the interviews are interspersed with him in the studio with different artists and his work is really special. Check your local listings because I believe vh1Soul will be showing it throughout the week... Quincy Jones fans in the UK should also be on the lookout for the BBC doc "Quincy Jones: The Many Lives of Q" which has also aired in four parts throughout the month, Part 1 is posted below.

FULL ARTICLE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Summer The Brim is In

The style has popped up in film and music over the years. The Blues Brothers, Jake and Elwood (Dan Akroyd and John Belushi) belted out Chicago Blues under a pair of matching fedoras. It became a trademark for Indiana Jones; Harrison Ford still sporting it in this year's sequel, 27 years later. Michael Jackson and Freddy Kreuger both became household names sporting fedoras in the 1980's.

FULL LINK

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1985 - Michael Jackson's album "Off The Wall" was certified 5 times Platinum by the RIAA.

1995 - Michael Jackson's "HIStory: Past, Present And Future Book 1" debuted at #1 in the U.K.

2003 - Michael Jackson presented a lifetime achievement award to James Brown at the BET Awards.

MJJCommunity News:

YaY!!! Community news is here for you :wild:

SPAMMERS to get the mod boot!
First of all Heads up in regards to SPAMMING >>CLICK HERE" smilieid="551" class="inlineimg" /> you haven't? Oh my Please check it out... [URL="http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51896"]>>CLICK HERE>CLICK HERE

Last edited:
Re: Tue 24th June 08..new publicist?... + Community News update

Thanks, LJ.

Hmmm... Here's something. Anyone know about this? Another 'little piece of equity".

http://www.getreading.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/s/2030810_postcards_from_my_paradise

Monday, February 18: St Maarten
Three days in and I am discovering places I never knew existed. St Maarten, for example, a half Dutch and half French island split down the middle by a friendly settlement 360 years ago.

This is a glorious place and a beacon of unashamed wealth compared to our previous port of call.

Eddie Murphy hires entire hotels, while Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson and Oprah Winfrey own homes, which keep investment in the island and ensure guaranteed employment for the locals.
The island can also claim to be something of a movie star in its own right, the marina of the French capital Marigot providing the chic backdrop to the climax of Speed 2.

Given the Sandra Bullock movie involves hijacked cruise ships being run aground by crazed psychopaths, I’d rather reflect on the semi-submarine ride we took on the Dutch side of the island. A remarkable view of the Philipsburg reef, the glass-bottomed sub under a slick motorboat, allows us to view close up some spectacular marine life – a tropical fish tank in reverse.

Hmmm... Here's something. Anyone know about this? Another 'little piece of equity".

http://www.getreading.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/s/2030810_postcards_from_my_paradise

Monday, February 18: St Maarten
Three days in and I am discovering places I never knew existed. St Maarten, for example, a half Dutch and half French island split down the middle by a friendly settlement 360 years ago.

This is a glorious place and a beacon of unashamed wealth compared to our previous port of call.

Eddie Murphy hires entire hotels, while Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson and Oprah Winfrey own homes, which keep investment in the island and ensure guaranteed employment for the locals.
The island can also claim to be something of a movie star in its own right, the marina of the French capital Marigot providing the chic backdrop to the climax of Speed 2.

Given the Sandra Bullock movie involves hijacked cruise ships being run aground by crazed psychopaths, I’d rather reflect on the semi-submarine ride we took on the Dutch side of the island. A remarkable view of the Philipsburg reef, the glass-bottomed sub under a slick motorboat, allows us to view close up some spectacular marine life – a tropical fish tank in reverse.

That place looks pretty!

I am so watching the Awards tonight for the "surprise" and just to enjoy the performances ^_^

Happy B'day to all this week & thanks L.J. for the thread :flowers:

Thanks LJ, I swear I looked at the bdays for yesterday and nothing came up though - dang sorry bday peeps lol.

Thanks LJ. I have a something to add in a minute...

Feldman Puts An End To Jackson Abuse Rumours

By WENN, June 24 2008

Former child star COREY FELDMAN has put an end to rumours he was once molested by pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON - insisting the singer is innocent of any abuse claims.

Feldman was a close friend of the Thriller hitmaker throughout his childhood and was subpoenaed as a witness during Jackson's 2005 child abuse trial.

And because the actor, now 36, was placed under a strict gagging order, he was forbidden from talking about the case - even to defend his former pal.

Feldman has now revealed that while he was the victim of childhood abuse - the perpetrator was definitely not Jackson.

He tells GQ magazine, "People can say whatever they want, but it wasn't Michael. He and I have our own issues, but that wasn't one of them. The guy that did this to me was my assistant. I was still a virgin at the time. I hadn't even had sex with a girl. So for me it was just kind of bewildering."

Jackson was tried on a variety of accusations of alleged abuse in 2005 but was eventually acquitted of all charges.

http://www.showbizspy.com/news/06242008/feldman-puts-an-end-to-jackson-abuse-rumours

Last edited:
Corey Feldman: 'I Was Not Abused By Michael Jackson' - Video

The former 80s star sets the record straight following his abuse claims...

Tuesday 24th Jun 2008

Corey Feldman has denied suggestions he was molested by Michael Jackson as a child, following his and Corey Haim's shocking abuse revelations on their reality TV show.

During an argument in the new series of The Two Coreys, the former 80s child stars allege that they were both victims of sexual abuse.

Haim claims that he was raped by a friend of Feldman's at age 14, then Feldman admits that he too was abused by "someone."

Contrary to speculation, Feldman insists in a new interview that this 'someone' is NOT Michael Jackson.

He says in the July issue of GQ, "People can say whatever they want, but it wasn't Michael. He and I have our own issues, but that wasn't one of them. The bottom line is, I know who it was. I didn't know how to cut him off. Not only did I continue being friends with the guy, but he was working for me. The guy that did this to me was my assistant.

“He would come in when I was sleeping. I would wake up and I would know what was going on, but I would just try to ignore it and hope that he would go away, which is how kids who aren't ready to deal with something deal with it. I was still a virgin at the time. I hadn't even had sex with a girl. So for me it was just kind of bewildering."

Well, it's a good thing he clarified it, because the internet world outside of MJ-dom was running with what he said on that show like wildfire.

But he should have just said so on the air on his show if they were going to talk about that.

thanks for the news and I'm glad Feldman made it clear to the media bastards....

Well, I'm glad he cleared it out...the media is always trying to stir up ish around Mike and it's NOT ok to just assume something and run a story about it.

Let's hope the whole story just goes aways as soon as possible.

^^ditto. What's really tragic is that Feldman told Snothead, I mean, Sneddon who had really abused him...

So what did he do about it?

Absolutely nothing.

It wasn't MJ, so he wasn't interested...:mat: [censored...]

Last edited:
wow,at last it was cleared for the media that who is the molester. thanks for telling the truth.

^^ Sad sad sad...that should be the story...how the lowlife sneddon didn't gave a damn if it wasn't Mike.

^^ I know seriously.. Sneddon is ridiculous. It's like he is finding any chance to bring MJ down ughh.. its pathedic. ughhh just seeing SNEDDON makes me cringe!!

Thanks for the news.

I'm so happy more and more people seem to support Mike these days.

He is innocent and now even the media starts to get it, and write it! - Lovely!

Feldman is a spoilt brat, of course mj never touched him. He is so obsessed by mike and is jealous of anyone mike makes friends with.

He acted like a spoilt brat at msg, that just shows you how childish Corey Feldman is. He needs to grow up. Mike probably told him to grow up and stop acting like a spoult child, corey probably ran of sniffling.

Duh, we knew that, but of course people wanna run their mouth and take it to the street. I'm not surprised that Michael would be dragged into it, he was associated with Corey for some time. That would be as bad as Macaulay Culkin saying he was molested by someone he thought he could trust and without even mentioning his name they would say because he and Mike were close, that Michael's name would automatically be brought up.

Every child sneddon thought he had has said mike never touched them. sneddon is a dirty crook, who needs to pay for tampeing with witnesses, telling them to lie.

The bastard should rot

Yeah they were close years ago. But you can tell he was jealous of anyone that would make friends with mike. The guy was and still is obsessed by him. There is so much jealousy around mike, and i feel sorry for him because he is always the one who lands in the shit and its not his fault

I do not see why this is even news about Corey. I do not see too many people in the media covering it so I guess it is no big deal regardless to the FEW outlets that want to make it new. I can careless about the internet blg comments overall. Many people on the internet love dirt and to talk trash behind a computer about others. Even USATODAY posters love to degrade all people for no reason.

Duh, we knew that, but of course people wanna run their mouth and take it to the street. I'm not surprised that Michael would be dragged into it, he was associated with Corey for some time. That would be as bad as Macaulay Culkin saying he was molested by someone he thought he could trust and without even mentioning his name they would say because he and Mike were close, that Michael's name would automatically be brought up.
I totally agree. It is only because he associate with Michael back then. If Corey would had associated with anyone else, the same thing would have been said about that person.

Back