Thriller Voted as MTV's Greatest Album of All Time!

Thriller my love!!! I voted for Thriller ! :) Thriller is my favorite MJ Album !

I voted, and I'm happy Thriller has been voted MTV's Greatest Album of All Time. It's a good Top 10 of album, but I can't take the poll seriously. Why isn't Bad and Prince's Purple Rain or Sign 'O' The Times album in the Top 10. And the biggest joke of all must be having Craig David's Born To Do It at No.2.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Two albums of this list are like my most favorite albums of all time..:wild::wild:

Congratulations to Michael.:cheers:
And to OLD GNR too:cheers::cheers:AFD came third thts really great too cuz Thriller is obviously the greatest album ever but AFD wasnt really expected to come on 3rd but i was quite sure Gunners will have some spot on top 10 but they came on 3rd,its quite amazing.

:punk:Mike shud be given one more award and shud be present in the show so that we can some more footage of him..:clapping:

I voted, and I'm happy Thriller has been voted MTV's Greatest Album of All Time. It's a good Top 10 of album, but I can't take the poll seriously. Why isn't Bad and Prince's Purple Rain or Sign 'O' The Times album in the Top 10. And the biggest joke of all must be having Craig David's Born To Do It at No.2.
:)We can't argue about positions of MJ,GNR and U2's on the poll..Atleast to me albums of these 3 got what they deserved.Thats for sure:D

A special is scheduled to air in Europe on April 12, 2009 on MTV (and perhaps affiliated music networks) to officially crown Thriller the "greatest album ever!"
Im gonna check out the special. Sounds fun.

Congratulations Michael! You are the greatest! :D:clapping:

I have to agree with you. I'm glad Thriller is at No.1 but I was really surprised Purple Rain wasn't in the top 10 and I was pretty shocked Craig David's Born To Do It was at No.2, don't get me wrong he is a talented artist and its a good album but I would hardly say that the record was groundbreaking. Personally I think BAD should have been in the top 10 too but hey at least MJ was given props :).

Stevie Wonder should have been in the top ten also. Songs In The Key Of Life is a masterpiece

Stevie Wonder should have been in the top ten also. Songs In The Key Of Life is a masterpiece

Only albums that were released in the MTV generation (basically 1981 onwards) were eligible to be voted for that's why Songs In the Key Of Life didn't feature because it was released in 1976.

WOW:woohoo:!!!!! GREAT NEWS:flowers:!!!

THE KING OF POP HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!!
THRILLER IS TRULY THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER AND MICHAEL JACKSON IS TRULY THE GREATEST ARTIST AND ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEINGS EVER:clap:!!!

MICHAEL JACKSON RULES FOREVER:yes::flowers:!!!TRIUMPHANT, GLORIOUS, POWERFUL:clap:!!!
Yeah:jump:!!!

I agree with a previous poster that the list has serious flaws. Specifically, the omission of 'Purple Rain' is telling about the ranking's quality.

In any case, of course Michael Jackson won. Was there any doubt he would not?

ok so I'm 50 yrs late, but WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm so glad!

I agree with a previous poster that the list has serious flaws. Specifically, the omission of 'Purple Rain' is telling about the ranking's quality.

In any case, of course Michael Jackson won. Was there any doubt he would not?
Well none of these polls can satisfy all of us.and anyway if Purple Rain wud have made cut on the list then i wud be so upset,then ofcourse I would complaint for not having bad,dangerous and GNR's UYI albums for sure cuz these albums are far better than that and deserve much more to be on the top MTV albums.And I don't even think Prince really was that much big on MTV (I might be wrong though):no:.

I wonder whats gonna happen, they should have a whole MJ day on all music channels or something :lol: he deserves it!

Greatest Album Ever The Results is on now on TMF
They will probably just have a little discussion about MJ and Thriller then show Billie Jean or Beat It maybe... I don't know i'll watch :D

I agree. It's just one poll that kinda means nothing. I mean craig david? Lol. It's cu by when mj doesn't feature we call them bs, when he is number one it's gospel.

My opinion is this poll means absolutely nothing they happen every year.

It's great to see Thriller voted as number 1, but we all know it's the 'biggest' album ever (in my opinion I think Dangerous is better)
I didn't vote, because I think it's useless. Seeing the list, we all already knew Mike topped them without any doubt.

The only positive thing is I think is that Michael could gain new fans.

True, well there was no point in taping it
Basically they just said how this album stands the test of time and basically how their will never will be another album like his. OMG how strange, when i was writing this i had my iPod on shuffe now Craig David is on! WHAT :| "Fill Me In"
hahaa, its a good song but doesn't stand next to anything from Thriller
and after they had a 2 min talk about Thriller, they played a cut-down version of Beat It, so yeah nothing interesting :|
:D it made me smile when people talk about how amazing Michael is :wub:

Congratulations Michael! Of course it's the best album in history, I'm glad it got recognized. I really dunno how craig David was at number 2 though...I thought that was a joke to begin with! :lol:

Mazel tov!
They could have mentioned it! If Miss Tutti or Mister Frutti wins a poll the media reports about it, but they don't mention him to hold things in check.

Back