Thriller Voted as MTV's Greatest Album of All Time!

Re: MTV Poll: Greatest Album Ever (Thriller Nominated & TV Specials)

of course voted!

I just voted:)

BUMP

MJStorm

UP!

MJStorm

voted again...

(23-3-09) According to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), 'Thriller' has now been certified 28 times Platinum just in the United States alone! While originally released in 1982 'Thriller' has been re-released in various special editions, most recently with 2008's 'Thriller 25.' However, in spite of the different special editions, the original album continues to fly off the shelves; proving that it truly is the greatest album of all time!

Source: MJFC / riaa.com / singersroom.com

Let the good times roll!

Please keep voting!! If he wins this, MTV will dedicate hours of footage to him and the album... he cannot come in any other place other than number one!!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND KEEP VOTING!! :clapping:

When does it end and when will the specials air?

Are these the result or something? Because Thriller was placed at #1.

"MTV Base, MTV Two and VH1 selected 100 albums each they deemed worthy of the title Greatest Album Ever.

Here's what Trevor Nelson and the rest of the MTV Base team chose to be the best urban offerings from across the globe."
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channels/mtv-base/chart/greatest-albums-ever

MTV Base, MTV Two and VH1 selected 100 albums each they deemed worthy of the title Greatest Album Ever.

Here's what Edith Bowman and the rest of the VH1 team chose to be the best urban offerings from across the globe.
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channels/vh1/chart/greatest-albums-ever

TMF - Greatest Albums Ever
http://www.mtv.co.uk/channels/tmf/chart/greatest-albums-ever

No! It was number one album by voters of those particular channels, however overall it may not be. Last year Duran Duran beat THRILLER for greatest ever video. Travesty. Lets hope it's not a second Grammy awards 1988 all over again for Michael and THRILLER kicks everyones asses!

VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED!!!

http://www.mtv.co.uk/entertainment/greatest-album-ever/competition/mtvs-greatest-album-ever

Tune into MTV on Sunday 12 April 2009 to find out which album is crowned MTV’s Greatest Album Ever!

Awesome. I hope MJ wins :D Could someone record it for those who don't have MTV? I would love to see it :yes:

voted

Voting is now closed. We'll get the results on 12. april

Voted:d

20090408Thriller.jpg
The results are in from the MTV poll which opened up in late February (see HERE for more details). Michael Jackson's "Thriller" has topped the poll by an exceptionally huge margin--close to 1/3rd of all votes cast across nearly 30 chosen albums were for Thriller alone. A special is scheduled to air in Europe on April 12, 2009 on MTV (and perhaps affiliated music networks) to officially crown Thriller the "greatest album ever!" Runner-up was Craig David's Born To Do It, of which he states: "To come just behind the King of Pop is incredibly flattering, because I grew up listening to that guy's music." DJ Trevor Nelson added: "There will never be a marriage of producer and artist and song writing and pop sensibility - it just won't happen again. And also, due to the way people buy records now, there'll never be an album that sells as many copies - and that's the thing that will keep it at number one."

MTV greatest album of all time (since 1981) top ten:

1 - Michael Jackson - Thriller
2 - Craig David - Born To Do It
3 - Guns'n'Roses - Appetite for Destruction
4 - Radiohead - OK Computer
5 - Nirvana - Nevermind
6 - Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
7 - Oasis - Definitely Maybe
8 - U2 - The Joshua Tree
9 - Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
10 - Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Congratulations, Michael!

Source: MJJR.net / In The News / MTV (UK)

Congrats Mike on another well deserved victory! Thriller truly is the perfect album.

Cant believe Craig David came in at 2nd though!

Thanx for the news TSCM.

IM SO SHOCKED!!

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN!!

really... i am beyond shocked.... i am horrified...

THRILLER?

come on...how can THAT album win...

this is a conspiracy I tells ya... a conspiracy!!!!!!!

*shocked, runs and jumps off a cliff in the yonder*

CONGRATULATION MICHAEL!!! :D :D :D :D
U deserve to win this...THILLER WILL ALWAYS BE THE BIGEST SELLING ALBUM NO MATTER WHAT! :D

Back