Thriller 40th Anniversary

Insane. If this is truly an event where the 4k releases are to occur then Jesus they couldn’t be any dumber with the promo. Makes me think the 4K releases are hog wash and NOT happening. With the estate it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!

Maybe we could give that Joey Sorge guy who plays Michael's business manager in the musical a shot at working up proper promotion for this release? Couldn't do worse than the current powers that be. :ROFLMAO:

I kinda wish Weird Al had somebody go frame by frame and touch up those small broken frames and damages. Still amazing that he delivered it, but in 2022, I feel like there’s no reason why it couldn’t have been all-out perfect.

(Not trying to diminish the success haha, it still looks outstanding and puts the estate to shame. Just a small personal gripe!)

I kinda wish Weird Al had somebody go frame by frame and touch up those small broken frames and damages. Still amazing that he delivered it, but in 2022, I feel like there’s no reason why it couldn’t have been all-out perfect.

(Not trying to diminish the success haha, it still looks outstanding and puts the estate to shame. Just a small personal gripe!)

Yeah, it does seem to be a basic transfer, It says in the description that Al re edited the film together himself on his laptop whilst on tour this year. Not sure how true that is though lol.

to be honest i think its a poor job, they didnt attempt to correct the black or white level, they are missing some small effects like the fog in the part where he breathes onto the camera, along with not attempting to fix the issues with the scratches.

i think al should have spent a little money and got it properly redone.

Should be noted that this 4K edit has erased one of the funniest jokes in the video. At 2:23, when Al is parodying Michael’s breaths during that scene, the lens is supposed to fog up and turn white as Al breathes into the camera. Obviously, this wasn’t a practical effect so it wouldn’t have been on the film masters. But still, the video is lacking without that gag because the point is to be a funnier interpretation of what Michael did, not EXACTLY like what Michael did.

Last edited:
John's acting like a stubborn child who wants everything his way. He needs to grow up and take criticism from fans who actually care about MJ and his legacy.

We must never forget that John Branca is a celebrity and the person we have to thank for MJ's continuing legacy. Fans all over the world are waiting for new John Branca content!

John McClain has made the best mixes of songs released after MJ's death.

It feel authentic and true to MJ's vision IMO. - I hope he will also be involved in the contemporizing" mix of songs going to be released in the futute. (if such update/contemporizing is neccesary)
Yes, he knows how to make a track more modern whilst still respecting the original track.

WOW. - if mkgenie confirms it I believe it is true !!!

Great great news. Something ALL NEW and very rare. - I've never even heard about the title!!

Great news. - And I must say, I find disc 2 to be great really!!

Starlight - I really wanted that on.
Who Do You Know - So exiting and all new. - GREAT
Behind The Mask demo - GREAT - I really hoped for that one.
The Toy demo - GREAT - I really hoped for that one.
What A Lovely Way To Go - SO exiting and all new. - We have a short snippet, but that's it.

And the rest have been leaked or released on rare releases, but it will be great to have them in my iTunes library.

If we do also get 4K videos of the albums shortfilms I am very very happy with this release.

WOW. - if mkgenie confirms it I believe it is true !!!

Great great news. Something ALL NEW and very rare. - I've never even heard about the title!!

Great news. - And I must say, I find disc 2 to be great really!!

Starlight - I really wanted that on.
Who Do You Know - So exiting and all new. - GREAT
Behind The Mask demo - GREAT - I really hoped for that one.
The Toy demo - GREAT - I really hoped for that one.
What A Lovely Way To Go - SO exiting and all new. - We have a short snippet, but that's it.

And the rest have been leaked or released on rare releases, but it will be great to have them in my iTunes library.

If we do also get 4K videos of the albums shortfilms I am very very happy with this release.
Yeah, I'd say having 3 unheard songs on the album makes up for Sunset Driver and CGOOTR lmao

Back