This is It Concerts- Live or Playback?

Yes, better photo, just looks like a Dangerous-Era pic to me.

Believe what u guys want....You'll see soon enough..sheesh, next time I'll keep my mouth shut lol

4152_1156763522616_1333579991_30405.jpg

Now, just sit back, relax, and be prepared for one heck of a LIVE show. Stop listening to the rumors. He'll be there dancing and SINGING like the old Michael.

Now the curls are back, ALL I can ask for is that he will actually sing live.

It is so boring to watch the HIStory concerts on DVD, only 2 songs were performed live, WBSS and J5-medley. He has to sing more live than that!

Now the curls are back, ALL I can ask for is that he will actually sing live.

It is so boring to watch the HIStory concerts on DVD, only 2 songs were performed live, WBSS and J5-medley. He has to sing more live than that!
Well, the intro (Scream to In the closet and BOTDF) is fun to watch too, but other than that... yeah, whilst it was fine to actually watch it in the stadiums, it's really kinda boring to watch it on DVD!

How any of you can put Michael Jackson and Bored in the same paragraph i will never now. Tell you what, i seen him perform in Prague on opening night and a lot of that was LIVE however you could tell he was having trouble with his voice and also the whole set up, i saw the second leg at Wembley and im sorry but he definetly did perform a lot of i think it was either July 14th or 15th Live or i was hearing things!

now Michael has everything sorted with his crew, has enough time to make this amazing, and also is a lot more positive about his life, i swear you can tell when he is not.

Thanks Pianoman, letting us know that and i think we can definetly say that Smooth crim will be on set list as well as Dirty Diana, which i last heard him sing at Aintree!! Carnt wait to hear that and see what he does with it!!

guys have faith! Michael knows whats ridding on this tour and he is not STUPID hence thats why he needed more time to make it PERFECT! you have the best of the best working FOR Michael, he WILL make HIStory!! mark my words!!

Terry

I hope and pray that he sings LIVE, but if he decides to use playback, then I'd hope he'd at least re-record his vocals on the songs he's going to sing on these concerts, so we can hear his current voice, not the voice from the 1980s like Billie Jean.

I hope and pray that he sings LIVE, but if he decides to use playback, then I'd hope he'd at least re-record his vocals on the songs he's going to sing on these concerts, so we can hear his current voice, not the voice from the 1980s like Billie Jean.

I hope so too. IF he really has to do playback, he shall atleast do new vocals!

Whenever Michael has done playback YOU ALWAYS GET LIVE CURRENT VOCALS , i mean its not like Britney or even Mariah who i have in concert singing live sometimes, but then on others totally miming and not even with live vocals from her record!!

So im with Pianoman and i carnt wait for concerts to start!

Terry

hey Mo, think ur cool, but did u goto all History tour concerts? i think it was either 15th or 17th and i swear it was live!

Anyhow, i know i was more overwhelmed at that one more than Prague.

Terry

^^I went to all 3 Wembley shows (and 18 further HIStory shows) and I give you this, when you are in stadium, in the excitement of the moment, probably you and all people around you singing, you probably don't realize that not everything is live (or maybe realize, but don't care too much), but when you listen back to either a CD or watch a DVD it becomes painfully obvious, thus it's boring to watch HIStory DVDs!

Well i gotta admit, i never get bored of seeing or hearing Michael!

Terry

ok

first im going to say, that 1. Mike did perform a lot of songs on History tour live at prague, i can vouch for that as some went tits up and he was very unhappy about that! 2. Mike performed a lot of the History second leg that i attended in Wembley almost live. In fact he was electric. 3. mike ALWAYS records playback LIVE in case he needs it! Like the way he done in Dangerous rehearsals! 4. Mike had lot of breathing , throat, throat issues back in those days, had nothing to do with his age!

final! yes you are correct Mike should show the world his ability to make a song from scratch! build it up so it becomes a product of its own! Hence, Mike should beatbox, and sing live accapela or with percussion to show off the raw talent!! In that respect, he should not get lost to much in the big bang show, and give us a bit of rawness!!

Terry

1. which songs did he performed live at prague?
2. what do you mean almost live?
3. i don't understand, do you suggest that he pre-recorded vocals for dangerous tour in rehearsals? ( and used these pre recorded vocals in tour:/? )

but i agree with the rest of the post, he should sing live as many songs as he can ;) and show the skill. I hope he will sing 100% live at least Billie Jean, Beat It, WBSS, J5 medley ( as always but i'm not sure about 30'th anniversary concerts ), (Dirty Diana/ Give into me/ Whatever Happens), (Human Nature/ She's Out Of My Life/Butterflies) and YRMW. 7 songs, in DWT he did about 8 ( if count J5 medley as 1 song ) songs live ( ocassionally 9 - BoW in Munich, Cologne, London ). So i hope he will handle this ;]

WHAT MICHAEL DEFINiTIVELY MUST AVOID IS TO USE THE ORIGINAL VOICE OF THE ALBUM VERSIONS LIKE HE DID IN THE PAST 2 TOURS.

As far as I'm aware, he did more LIVE singing in Prague than anywhere else. How much was LIVE is another subject. I wouldn't know as I haven't seen it, but there are amateur footages available :)

In Brunei, the opening line of Scream was sung LIVE.

Everywhere else, only J5 Medley and WBSS was LIVE, the rest was at least 90% mimed. Why anyone would call this the BEST Tour.....I don't know, but I respcet their opinions :)

but did u goto all History tour concerts?
Nope, but I have heard the audio recordings of Wembley :yes:

Last edited:
He will or has already been in the recording studio, recording HIS OWN concert backing tracks for playback at the concert made specifically for the concert and every move breath anticipated for it, he will also have a live microphone, its what they have always done yes even on the bad tour. No mega artist has no backing track, thats why they have a earpiece so they can hear that and their own voice whilst performing.

People who think superstars don't have backing tracks are just wrong, its mega stars and perfectionists who make tracks specifically for tours its part of the production process.

People who think superstars don't have backing tracks are just wrong, its mega stars and perfectionists who make tracks specifically for tours its part of the production process.
Well, I think you are the one who's wrong... of course, dance heavy pop acts might have backing tracks, but to say that every superstar or megastar uses backingtracks of their own voice is ridiculous!

yeah but cmon, he didn't use backing track in Beat It, Billie Jean, WBSS, J5 Medley, Human Nature, SOOML, ICSLY, Dirty Diana, Working Day And Night, APOM, Rock With You... until history tour, and in bad tour he used backing tracks to Smooth Criminal, Bad, Man In The Mirror and TWYMF after New York shows in '88. I know that he might be preserving his voice but i don't think singing Beat It, Billie Jean, J5 medley, WBSS and 3-4 more songs ( without extreme dance routine ) 100% live without any backing tracks would affect his voice performance, I know he had laryngitis during DWT and HWT, but it was >10 years ago. It's not like singing 100% live, during whole tour, I'm sure he won't lose his voice like Axl Rose did ( but he sounds good now, compared to 2001 ). Also Mike shouldn't lip synch to his rock songs ( rock star doesn't lip sync ;] ). He should prove that he still has the voice.

And also prague concert
only WBSS and j5 medley were live, beat it, billie jean etc - lip synch. But i don't know for sure.

I will say it again, EVERY huge artist such as Madonna/Britney/Prince/Justin and Michael, have specially recorded backing tracks that they have recorded specifically and timed to the second for the concert, they decide if and when and how often and how loud they are turned on usually with hand gestures or touching their face nose ears whatever and the man on the multi million £ mixing desk watches every move, the artists also has a live microphone and sings along with the track HE/SHE specifically recorded for the act and add libs as required. It isn't a bad thing its just how its done and why these concerts are pretty much flawless. Even if he sings live the backiong will still be happening, how is he supposed to replicate a song that has HIS voice layered over and over at the same time and breath and dance.

hearing mike doing his thing live always has 'thrilled' me...

AndiMJ09 from youtube has posted some live-stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXQzOrR1FLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ8RSag3JxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7kwPhB85aE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG16IqnOvJU

ooh and should i forget, does anyone remember that short thing he used to do on the Bad-tour before 'rock with you' started? he started jamming on his own while holding the mic to his tapping foot and then he kinda jump-yelled: i think i wanna rock! it's things like these i like so much from him, he's just plain awesome live, any year, any age...

Back