***Things That Were Missing In The Movie

the moonwalk, suspended puppet....smooth criminal lean but that might be understandble to why he didnt do it. he didnt do it in dangerous rehearsal since he didnt have the shoes.

I wanted more Invincible personally! Unbreakable and more of Threatened :D

I'm just thankful for what was shown though! Let's hope for more to get released in time!

I was wondering why we only saw the lightman-thing as a simulation.
It was only a few days before the start of the tour, i think it would've been ready by now.why didnt we get to see it?

It was over 3 weeks before the start of the tour, there is an inlet card with the TII album and it says TII the dvd with never before seen footage to be released soon.

There's also the video of everyone crying in the trailer. I think that's when MJ passed. From what I heard on the news they were not gonna show this footage in the movie.

I missed :(
Dirty Diana, You Are Not Alone, Heal The World,
Another Part Of Me, Give In To Me & History :cry:

Other then that the Movie was perfect & very sad :(
I WANT YOU, BACK MICHAEL :boohoo:

I thought the movie was FANTASTIC, it really did meet with all of my expectations. The only couple of things that I was slightly disappointed with was the way they "teased" us with Speechless and Ghosts - the monologue is beautiful, but I was thinking "Yes! Yes! Speechless live at last"... and it didn't come. I was also extatic when the choir bit from Ghosts came on, thinking the zombies would start doing the Ghosts dance, but alas, they did not. And I was hoping for some moonwalking.

But I really want to stress that I LOVED the movie. Loved it. And hate that this really was IT.

I would easily pay whatever to get to see the other 98 hours of footage.

^ Speechless is very short in the beginning after WBSS. I was hoping for the full song.

We also didnt get a "proper" moonwalk. I was hoping for a longer moonwalk. We didn't see him on his toes either!

I am starting to think that maybe it would still be wonderfully special to see this concert even with a really good MJ impersonator (maybe Ecas?) I think if that were in Vegas, people would flock to it. It would still be a part of MJ because he is the vision behind it all. I want to see the concert even if not him(I didn't at first, but after seeing this I feel like I really would love to see his vision in completion because even without him playing his role in it, he is still very much a part of it.

I am starting to think that maybe it would still be wonderfully special to see this concert even with a really good MJ impersonator (maybe Ecas?) I think if that were in Vegas, people would flock to it. It would still be a part of MJ because he is the vision behind it all. I want to see the concert even if not him(I didn't at first, but after seeing this I feel like I really would love to see his vision in completion because even without him playing his role in it, he is still very much a part of it.

i respect your opinion, but no.

^ Speechless is very short in the beginning after WBSS. I was hoping for the full song.

We also didnt get a "proper" moonwalk. I was hoping for a longer moonwalk. We didn't see him on his toes either!

If you watch the Dangerous rehearsals you'll notice that Michael doesn't go all out either with his moonwalking and is more reserved. Michael still did do a bit of moonwalking in the movie. Not Billie Jean-esque along the stage for several metres but I was still satisfied with what I saw! The first time I saw Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal I was building myself up to the moonwalk and the lean but neither came! The second time I was able to appreciate the dancing more ;)

I felt the same way about not seeing him sitting on the ramp and parts some other parts that were shown in the trailer. I think the DVD will have something like 3 HOURS of other stuff that wasn't in the film! I hope this is true. Maybe it will show a lot more Michael off stage as well? We'll see. I miss him sooooo much!!!

Love the movie but I wanted to see Michael more off stage you know

100% agree. I loved his little funny bits with the crew. He was so at ease it was beautiful...

In Speechless he was just singing on stage between numbers... ah imagine working on the show... the stuff dreams are made of... :D

I hope the DVD has an extended theatrical version or some deleted scenes. They better not put all the good stuff on the blu-ray.

I hope the DVD has an extended theatrical version or some deleted scenes. They better not put all the good stuff on the blu-ray.

I'll definately consider buying a blu-ray player if all the good extra's are going to be included only on the blu-ray disc, not on the dvd. I'll include it in my next pc desktop system.

I believe there must be footage of the night before Michael passed, which I don't think was in TII movie. Only between 22nd-24th rehearsals I think is in the movie. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the photos I've seen like I Just Can't Stop Lovin you maybe from the night of the 25th, I just find it strange that there was no footage recorded on his last night of rehearsals, maybe there is and probably would be too much pain, sadness to show, knowing the next day he's no longer whith us.

Can anyone confirm or back this up, what exact dates of rehearsals is shown in TII. There maybe footage of a more finished Billie Jean ie with hat, glove and jacket?

Isn't the TDCAU performance from his final reherasals?

No...It was from Tuesday the 23rd of June :)...All the footage where Mike was wearing that red shirt [Beat It, TDCAU etc] was from the 23rd.

There wasn't much, if any footage from the final night of rehearsals in there unfortunately...

I wanted to see how he was going to leave the stage, i wasn't expecting the rocket pack or anything but i'm sure it would have been something spectacular.

I believe there must be footage of the night before Michael passed, which I don't think was in TII movie. Only between 22nd-24th rehearsals I think is in the movie. Tell me if I'm wrong, but the photos I've seen like I Just Can't Stop Lovin you maybe from the night of the 25th, I just find it strange that there was no footage recorded on his last night of rehearsals, maybe there is and probably would be too much pain, sadness to show, knowing the next day he's no longer whith us.

Can anyone confirm or back this up, what exact dates of rehearsals is shown in TII. There maybe footage of a more finished Billie Jean ie with hat, glove and jacket?

I believe the footage was from April thru June 23. Michael passed away on June 25, so there was no rehearsal that day. As far as the 24th, we do not know. You all have to remember that there was 110 hours of rehearsal footage condensed into just 1 hr 51 min. I wanted the movie to be an hour longer because I enjoyed it so much. I have read on several anti-This Is It strings and websites that the truth about Michael's condition was being hidden. Be honest. Do any of us really want to see Michael broken down? Or do we want to remember him as healthy and happy and vibrant? I think that Kenny Ortega did a wonderful job putting this film together. Maybe they will do an extended version for DVD. Who knows?

I wanted to see how he was going to leave the stage, i wasn't expecting the rocket pack or anything but i'm sure it would have been something spectacular.

well atleast we know how he would've came out during thriller. coming out of the big spider lol.

I know we all want the moonwalk and all.
But remember, Michael didn't know he was gonna pass away, there was days of more rehearsals to come, so this is why he didn't do it.

I only want to see what the trailer showed us.
Especially, the after-June25th footage. It would've made the film terribly heart-breaking if they added that in, so I hope it will be on the DVD, with probably some interviews on how much they (crew, band, dancers, etc.) love him.

Back