They ruined we are the world!!!

Jadentheman

Proud Member
Justin Bieber!??, Miley Cyrus!!?? , Nick Jonas!!??? WTF!!!!!!!

I can't stand this, why get talentless people to ruin a classic song and what is up with the upbeat tune?

I heard Justin Bieber sing part of WATW, and I about heaved my entire dinner. I hope he doesn't have his own part because that kid cannot hold a note to save his life. From what I heard, this version is going to sound like a total puke. Some songs aren't meant to be re-done, and WATW is one of them.

I expected this.........

Look, it doesnt affect the original song. Its not as if it ruins it, because the original still exists and will allways be around.

Plus, its to raise money for charity. They have to appeal to ALL audiences. Thats why people like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are included.

You may hate it, but more people will buy it with Miley and Justin Bieber in it. Which means more help for the Haiti victims. So, its worth it for me.

They have a bit of everything in there.

It's all for a good cause people! On top of that, Michael Jackson's part and his image will appear posthumously alongside a split screen with Janet.

mjgif3.gif

Our mixed reactions can be expressed through this...

Loiue: They ruined the song Mike. What's with the sh*tty elctronic hip hop beat? *stoic face*

Michael: Ohh... Louie... It's for a good cause. Be nice...

:rofl:

mjgif3.gif

Loiue: They ruined the song Mike. What's with the sh*tty elctronic hip hop beat? *stoic face*

:lmao: :lmao:

mjgif3.gif

LOL! :lol: haha Good one. How cute. I love Louie! Hmm who's side am I on for this one... :D

You may hate it, but more people will buy it with Miley and Justin Bieber in it. Which means more help for the Haiti victims. So, its worth it for me.

u have a crystal ball?

Can not believe that this group would even want to try to "redo"a heart felt music with mj as the lead.disgusting.i feel it is a rotten attempt to gain a time in the spot light.it has been done by the best,a mark in time,why try to redo what is the best!!!come on,talent now has no brains.if people think im wrong,im ok,leave the best alone.come up with a new tune for the heart break of haiti.

Michael..we know you are so special..."heal the world"

this remake,with out you...empty.

Poor Louie looks so hurt in the end... :lol:

haha, ooo shut down! lol! Michael told him. :lol:

But really, I already expressed my opinion on this in the other threads. Wasn't ok with it when I first heard about it, I'm still not. But Michael's vocals are being used, Janet is on the song this time, and it's for charity. I hope the song helps over in Haiti, I really do. And I'm glad they're keeping Michael in it and his legacy alive so he can also help out Haiti because if he was here, he sure would want to.
But as for the song, we still have the original and Michael's beautiful demo version (which I listen to more than the other version :wub:). I probably won't listen to the re-make so I don't ruin the song for myself.

Well, people back then probably said ''wth Dan Akroyd's doing there when he's not even singing?''

So every era their wtf!

I thought it sounded pretty good on ET and AH! Liked the new beat, more actual..
If they kept the exact same saong with the exact same beat, fans would have commented on their lack or imagination... at least they updated a bit the beat to fit our decade.. for the lyrics, well, Michael wrote them so there's nothing to improve ;)

I'm happy with what I heard at this point, can't wait to see it revealed on Olympic games opening!

You may hate it, but more people will buy it with Miley and Justin Bieber in it.
By "more people" I assume you mean more pre-teens will buy it? ;D

But it goes both ways, other people would be less inclined to purchase it if they saw that those talentless Disney "stars" were performing on the track.

does anyone have a link as to where I can hear a clip?...thanks..:)

What's up with the beat in the new one? F'ed up, really. This isn't some club banging song. Miley and that Jonas brother guy?

can't believe it but at the same time, they will boost the sales. Teens thinkning "OHMG MILEY HGSIKHMSIKOHMOMIOKHM".

THUNDER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkdQpDhcs4

I expected this.........

Look, it doesnt affect the original song. Its not as if it ruins it, because the original still exists and will allways be around.

Plus, its to raise money for charity. They have to appeal to ALL audiences. Thats why people like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are included.

Don't try to convince them, they'll continue to conventionally ignore the fact that one it's for charity and 2 there are some artists from the old school that are there too.

And before the people shoot at me with the original artists wouldn't won't this. There are one or two original artists that didn't give a crap about this song. One insulted the song.

And to Jaden, Is some of the old school artists on there talentless too?

Last edited:
u have a crystal ball?

Nope. But I do have common sense.

Teenagers and little kids will see that Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are in it and immediately gain interest. If they werent in it, then a lot less teenagers and little kids will actually care. Its just obvious, who needs a crystal ball.......

Its the same with a lot of the hip hop stars. A lot more hip hop fans will look into it and buy it if there favourite rappers are in it. Then you have some rock, some pop, some hip hop. It appeals to all, thus more people will buy it, thus more money for Haiti. Its not rocket science.

Don't try to convince them, they'll continue to conventionally ignore the fact that one it's for charity and 2 there are some artists from the old school that are there too.

And before the people shoot at me with the original artists wouldn't won't this. There are one or two original artists that didn't give a crap about this song. One insulted the song.

And to Jaden, Is some of the old school artists on there talentless too?

Yeah I dont know why i've bothered tbh. People are against things like this from the start, covering Michaels music or messing with Michaels legacy in anyway. COMPLETELY ignoring the cause.

Sheesh, like some have been saying. This is REALLY about helping the Earthquake victims! I doubt they care what it sounds like, they care about water and food they will get because of the people who buy it! While most are focussing on Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber and Nick Jonas, there is also Jennifer Hudson, Natalie Cole, Celine Dion...care to share your thoughts on their voices?

Sheesh, like some have been saying. This is REALLY about helping the Earthquake victims! I doubt they care what it sounds like, they care about water and food they will get because of the people who buy it! While most are focussing on Miley Cyrus, Justin Beiber and Nick Jonas, there is also Jennifer Hudson, Natalie Cole, Celine Dion...care to share your thoughts on their voices?

Is it really????

Imo I don't think that's the sole purpose.

actually I don't care, it's not WATW per se anyway. For the sake of the Haitians I hope it raises some money, the song is/will be crap regardless of the cause.
It's not like this is going to go down in history like the original version did. Hopefully the Haitian people will benefit from this project, b/c honestly I don't see this being about Haiti, I see this as a vain attempt by a desperate, senile bitter man to be relevant in the music business again, regardless of where the proceeds go to.

Back