The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

I walked into my local cinema last night and heard The Way You Make Me Feel being blasted in the lobby.

It occurred to me that this may be part of the cinema industry preparing the way for the biopic - subliminally getting the music back on people's radar in order to encourage them to see the biopic. In any case, it's good news!

My radio show is uploaded onto soundcloud should you wish to listen back to it. It's broadcast every Saturday at 07:00PM Irish Time on Dublin South FM 93.9

I play a Michael song every week, sometimes more than one, Hits, Album cuts and rarities, The 26th November 2022 was the last one and it's the thriller special, Halloween is pretty MJ heavy and I always to a special on the week of Michaels Birthday (see this year's 27th August).
@filmandmusic FYI

Listening to Greatest Hits Radio in the UK at about 5pm, they played Day and Night. Even better, he says that OTW was their album of the week. Presumably that means they'll play at least one song every day.

Listening to Greatest Hits Radio in the UK at about 5pm, they played Day and Night. Even better, he says that OTW was their album of the week. Presumably that means they'll play at least one song every day.
Hopefully an album track gets played too

I heard ‘show you the way to go (album version)’ & ‘rock with you’ on magic soul playlists.

yesterday i heard a song i never heard before, it was clled Farewell my Summer Love, i think it was made in 84.....? i only heard the end of it sadly

yesterday i heard a song i never heard before, it was clled Farewell my Summer Love, i think it was made in 84.....? i only heard the end of it sadly
yes, it was released in remix form in ‘84. it was originally recorded 10/11 years prior for a cancelled album that would have released between ‘music and me’ and ‘forever, Michael’. motown released it to capitalise off the success of ‘thriller’. it was a top ten hit in the uk, and the only song of michael’s to feature on the ‘now that’s what I call music’ yearly compilation albums.

Not the radio but I just finished watching The Lego Batman Movie, and it quoted and also played two different covers of Man in the Mirror.

Of course, it was actually Batman who wrote the song, not MJ. Lol

Back