The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

It's cool. I posted that Aretha song myself ages ago. In fact, I also posted a version by Prince. The Aretha version is the best, imo, but he did a great job.

I'm having a bit of a moment with Virgil. Although I never read him at school.

Thank you.

Funnily enough, I had my first ever cup of black tea yesterday. It made me smile bc it made me think of Fuz. I don't know anyone in RL who drinks black tea but I'm sure Fuz said that he does.

N.B. That's obviously a coffee jug not a teapot but it reminded me of my cup of tea.

EDIT - just remembered. Had my first ever black coffee last week. Enjoyed it way more than I could have imagined. Didn't finish it, though.
I drink black tea. About 10 cups minimum per day.

Many moons ago, before I had my golf ball sized gallstones, I drank coffee. Always black! I’m with Fuz on this – milk completely spoils the experience!

I wish you even more strength.

I drink black tea. About 10 cups minimum per day.
😲

Many moons ago, before I had my golf ball sized gallstones,
😱

I don't think there's a Virgil quote to cover this!

[...] I wish you even more strength.
🙏🏽

Rezept Café latte - Giolea Blog
Um, you would have to go on an archaeological dig to get to the drink! 🤔

😲

😱

I don't think there's a Virgil quote to cover this!

🙏🏽

Um, you would have to go on an archaeological dig to get to the drink! 🤔
Hey‐o! Sorry for the “laughing” reaction; I realized that that could be misinterpreted as uncivilized mocking. I just found your archeology allegory funny is all!

Returning to Virgil (because Lord knows he is worthy of it), I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a fitting passage for all and every thinkable situation there is! (Forgive me, Zinnia, for I’m about to Zin.) As I said: It’s absolutely brimming with wisdom! (I just did that capitalization thing that you dislike.)

I might have exaggerated the minimum number of cups of black tea I intake per day. Thinking about it, I come to the insight that the number is very much dependent on what time I get out of bed. And since I'm naturally a night owl, I tend to sleep through the forenoon, and my tea drinking thusly starts late. Five cups minimum per day – that’s probably more accurate. I’ve just yet had two today.

Vires acquirit eundo. (‘We gather strength as we go.’)
(Virgil, Aeneid, Book 4: 175)​

There's no reason why he shouldn't - unless he drinks all 10+ cups prior to his bedtime
Interesting ... I can drink coffee with some milk right before bedtime, but black tea gets me wide awake / gives me an energy push. I guess everyone reacts different. 10 cups of tea per day would get me agitated.

Especially our East Frisian Blend

Muppets gif. Kermit dancing, with his back to us, slowly and flowy like a hippie.
Sesame Street Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

Last edited:
Interesting ... I can drink coffee with some milk right before bedtime, but black tea gets me wide awake / gives me an energy push. I guess everyone reacts different. 10 cups of tea per day would get me agitated.

Muppets gif. Kermit dancing, with his back to us, slowly and flowy like a hippie.
with 10 or more cups it'll be mostly the full bladder that wouldn't let you sleep 😁

Especially our East Frisian Blend

I like the video. 😍😍😍

I drink the wrong tea😅😅😅😅😅 it has no effect on my vigor😀😀😀😀
Hugh has something more uplifting🤣

High from all the sugar
Yes, there really is more sugar in this drink than tea. But I like the dance)))) and I was surprised that Hugh sings and dances well. I liked that song at one time,

especially in the morning😀😀😀😀

Yes, there really is more sugar in this drink than tea. But I like the dance)))) and I was surprised that Hugh sings and dances well. I liked that song at one time,

especially in the morning😀😀😀😀
Classy!

I'd rather Taj would realize his long promised documentary than having a biopic. I feel the biopic is rushed in a sense that it follows a trend. It will have to be an absolute masterpiece to stand out from all the other recent biopics. Also, Michael deserves an OUTSTANDING film.

I understand that the documentary takes time and the pandemic slowed down production. But I wonder ... it's been such a long time ...

I'd rather Taj would realize his long promised documentary than having a biopic. I feel the biopic is rushed in a sense that it follows a trend. It will have to be an absolute masterpiece to stand out from all the other recent biopics. Also, Michael deserves an OUTSTANDING film.

I understand that the documentary takes time and the pandemic slowed down production. But I wonder ... it's been such a long time ...

Back