The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

According to Wikipedia luxembourgish is a west germanic language. Hence I thought it might have many similarities with german.
Remember a certain peculiarity in English: it has proper adjectives.

Yes, that is definitely a Stola, but you also can call these Stola lol:

Modisch|Stola|Cape|Schal|Plissee Stola|Accessoires|Textile Träume| -  TEXTILE TRÄUME - Edle Heimtextilien

Stola 'Natur' – Fuchsdeifeswuid Dirndl'Natur' – Fuchsdeifeswuid Dirndl
oliv-svart-shemagh-palestinasjal-1.jpg

Palestinasjal.

yes, it happens here as well. But I came to just accept it, because languages always mix.
Wait! I just came to think of: Aren’t you notorious for dubbing everything? At least that’s what I always heard in the 1990s.

No, we only ever dub children’s films in Sweden! And ever since sometime in the seventies, we don’t even bother giving movies Swedish titles.
Whenever I see a movie with subtitles I have a hard time reading PLUS watching. Hate it! lol I guess this takes some training. I can´t imagine my parents, for example, even CONSIDER watching a movie with subtitles 😅

Me watching a music video or movie with subtitles:
tenor (2).gif

Last edited:
Whenever I see a movie with subtitles I have a hard time reading PLUS watching. Hate it! lol I guess this takes some training. I can´t imagine my parents, for example, even CONSIDER watching a movie with subtitles 😅 [...]
I don't really do films, especially not contemporary stuff. I don't do cinema. But I did see 'The Passion of the Christ' and 'Downfall'. What was so fabulous was that both films are so well edited that the storytelling works even when you don't watch/read every subtitle. I saw both films more than once and initially I read nearly all of the subtitles. After that I didn't really need them although, with the Passion, the story is so familiar already so that obviously helped.

Last edited:
Whenever I see a movie with subtitles I have a hard time reading PLUS watching. Hate it! lol I guess this takes some training. I can´t imagine my parents, for example, even CONSIDER watching a movie with subtitles 😅

Me watching a music video or movie with subtitles:
View attachment 3261
I agree, it's inconvenient, but you get used to it)))) we usually have full dubbing of movies. This is when the original sounds are completely removed. There have been cases when the dubbing was more emotional and vivid than the original. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.
But sometimes you want to hear the original speech. And, for example, I watch Michael's interview only with subtitles, even partial dubbing (when the sound is recorded over Michael's quiet speech) I don't like.

I agree, it's inconvenient, but you get used to it))))
If it's subtitles you're talking about, I agree. You read fast, you realise you don't need to read every word. It's interesting how much of the story can be told purely visually without dialogue. I grew up watching a fair few silent films and they had to keep the subtitles (not sure if that is what they were since they were shown separately, not at the bottom of the picture) to an absolute minimum. So you really had to pay attention to the visuals. Plus they simplified the visual storytelling, presumably for that reason.

we usually have full dubbing of movies. This is when the original sounds are completely removed. There have been cases when the dubbing was more emotional and vivid than the original. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.
But sometimes you want to hear the original speech. And, for example, I watch Michael's interview only with subtitles, even partial dubbing (when the sound is recorded over Michael's quiet speech) I don't like.
I don't like things being dubbed. I'd rather deal with subtitles any day. Dubbing is just bad, imo.

I'm watching the second season of Downtown Abbey. I've heard about this show for a long time. About people in different life circumstances, about the choices they make. About balancing personal happiness and principles.
And the atmosphere of the early 20th century I like, although there are tragic events.

I'm watching the second season of Downtown Abbey. I've heard about this show for a long time. About people in different life circumstances, about the choices they make. About balancing personal happiness and principles.
And the atmosphere of the early 20th century I like, although there are tragic events.
A friend gave me her DVDs of this series. Your post reminded me I wanna watch it still :)

Back