The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Just recently came across an interesting opinion. Everything complicated for us has a simple solution, but we don't see it. I don't know if this is true, but this thought attracted me. What do you think?
Hm. I'm not sure. I'd need to think about it. Right now it doesn't quite resonate with me but, otoh, it's quite an optimistic statement and I like that.

I need potato salad to power up my brain, lol. :D

Hm. I'm not sure. I'd need to think about it. Right now it doesn't quite resonate with me but, otoh, it's quite an optimistic statement and I like that.

I need potato salad to power up my brain, lol. :D
Did you make the salad? If so, what is the recipe and how did you like it? 😅 I've got a curious mode😅

Did you make the salad? If so, what is the recipe and how did you like it? 😅 I've got a curious mode😅
I did. No recipe, not really. This is the sort of thing where I just make it up as I go along. You can't really go wrong with a potato salad.

Some baby potatoes done in the microwave. Hard boiled eggs. Red onion chopped up small. Raw garlic. Everyone had fair warning, lol. Chopped fresh parsley and basil. Small pinch of white pepper, also salt. Mayonnaise mixed with Greek yoghurt. I always have to mix yoghurt into mayonnaise otherwise it's too rich. I am going to try the kefir, I think it'll be great. But, yeah, the salad was lovely. Really quick, dead easy. Very filling, lovely comfort food. It was perfect. No sugary sh!t, just nice plain food.

I'll be doing it again tomorrow. I don't want the sausage or capers. Not sure I even want the carrot. I'm not trying to be authentic. :D

But I do want to try different herbs. I want to try fresh chives, also dill. And fresh thyme, obvs! And I need to add cucumbers. I forgot this time!

I did. No recipe, not really. This is the sort of thing where I just make it up as I go along. You can't really go wrong with a potato salad.

Some baby potatoes done in the microwave. Hard boiled eggs. Red onion chopped up small. Raw garlic. Everyone had fair warning, lol. Chopped fresh parsley and basil. Small pinch of white pepper, also salt. Mayonnaise mixed with Greek yoghurt. I always have to mix yoghurt into mayonnaise otherwise it's too rich. I am going to try the kefir, I think it'll be great. But, yeah, the salad was lovely. Really quick, dead easy. Very filling, lovely comfort food. It was perfect. No sugary sh!t, just nice plain food.

I'll be doing it again tomorrow. I don't want the sausage or capers. Not sure I even want the carrot. I'm not trying to be authentic. :D

But I do want to try different herbs. I want to try fresh chives, also dill. And fresh thyme, obvs! And I need to add cucumbers. I forgot this time!
Cool!
I love a little garlic in a dish! Good idea for me for the future)))) thanks🙏💕

Cool!
Yeah, I only added 4 or 5 tiny slivers, really paper thin slices from a small clove. Worked really well. And the fresh parsley would have offset the garlic. Very handy!

Cool!
Forgot to ask - what do you think about apple? I just saw online a suggestion from someone for apple being included in an Olivier salad. I like the idea of the freshness and crispness. Wondered what your thoughts are.

Forgot to ask - what do you think about apple? I just saw online a suggestion from someone for apple being included in an Olivier salad. I like the idea of the freshness and crispness. Wondered what your thoughts are.
I like the idea. I've had similar salads with apples and it was delicious. But haven't tried it with Olivier..... 🤔 must try it!

It is! Why don’t people talk more about War?
idk! It's weird. They were doing the crossover soul / funk / Latin / rock thing. They always had the multi-ethnic thing going although perhaps not quite so strongly as some other bands. They had great songs, great grooves. Ngl, I didn't buy their albums. I only heard stuff on the radio although that did include album tracks not just singles. They were dead popular back then but have become really overlooked.

So weird.

This one is my fave. Probably. Maybe. Anyway, I freakin' love it!

Me And Baby Brother

3m 31s

Last edited:
The Sinatra line is from Strangers in the Night.
I know. And I can't stand that song. I loathe it. Yuck. Double yuck.

Yuck for evermore!

Anyway, do be do be do will always get the Supremes into my head, not old Frank.

Funny you should mention The Supremes. I also think of them! But why? I can’t come up with a title of a song that has “do be do be do” in it. 🤔
My bad! It's Diana Ross. Sorry! She's so boring to me I can't remember what she did solo and what she did with the group.

Anyway, it's this song.

cat-5727135_640.jpg

Like in this song, for instance:
Born to Love You (1969)

But then again, I’ve always thought there is a certain similarity between Michael’s and Diana’s voices.

Like in this song, for instance:
Not hearing it.

But then again, I’ve always thought there is a certain similarity between Michael’s and Diana’s voices.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I can't hear any resemblance at all. Voices sound totally different. Phrasing is different. Tone is different. I mean, just in every way those voices are not the same. To me! Michael's voice, even as a kid, is way more interesting than Diana's. I'm biased bc she has never been one of my people. She has a decent voice and she's a good artist if that's your kind of thing. She's just never done much for me.

But I'm not picking up any similarity between their voices. I don't think you're alone, though. I have a vague feeling I've seen this idea floated before. 🤔

Not hearing it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I can't hear any resemblance at all. Voices sound totally different. Phrasing is different. Tone is different. I mean, just in every way those voices are not the same. To me! Michael's voice, even as a kid, is way more interesting than Diana's. I'm biased bc she has never been one of my people. She has a decent voice and she's a good artist if that's your kind of thing. She's just never done much for me.

But I'm not picking up any similarity between their voices. I don't think you're alone, though. I have a vague feeling I've seen this idea floated before. 🤔
I believe I am. Alone. I think that’s my old posts elsewhere on this forum you’re thinking of. I’ve never seen anyone else having this idea.

To clarify, though, because Michael is a man of many voices: it’s Michael’s (adult) soft voice that I find similar. And also most of his youngster voices (circa 1969–1973).

This isn’t terribly similar, but it’s the best I can come up with at the moment. I’ll have to dig up some better examples for later.

I think perhaps Quincy thought their voices were similar, because it was a stroke of genius to have Michael and Diana do the opening lines in the first chorus of We are the World – their voices pretty much meld into one and the same!

Back