The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Right now I'm tempted to say Per can rot in hell for all I care but I suspect this isn't the response you were looking for. I will cease and desist, lol.

Why are all the YT Glasgow accent vids so long? Rhetorical question. It's just annoying.
Peer. Like in Peer Gynt. ⟨pɪə(ɹ)⟩

Per. Like in Per Oscarsson, Pehr Silver, Per Ragnar, Nina Persson. ⟨pɛːr⟩

You’re right, not what I was looking for. 😏

He might be on the tidier side, now that you mention it… 🤔
He sounds very middle class to me. In any case, he's an actor so whether he originally had a stronger accent he will no doubt have toned it down for the sake of his career. Or sometimes it just happens naturally. If he lives and works mostly in London (or out of the UK) his accent will naturally fade away. If I was betting on it, I'd say he's middle class. Lovely voice but def too tidy for me. :)

"Music Director Thomas Dausgaard and the Seattle Symphony perform "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 by Edvard Grieg at Benaroya Hall."

2m 41s

Powerful. I'm impressed by the way the conductor works. He seems to visualize the music with his movements.
Yes, I especially enjoyed that. I didn't feel that he was being melodramatic in a false way but, rather, was completely immersed in the music and in his attempt to embody the music or convey messages to his musicians. I loved the whole thing.

Just recently came across an interesting opinion. Everything complicated for us has a simple solution, but we don't see it. I don't know if this is true, but this thought attracted me. What do you think?

Just recently came across an interesting opinion. Everything complicated for us has a simple solution, but we don't see it. I don't know if this is true, but this thought attracted me. What do you think?
I love that thought.

Back