The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

img_1131.jpg

Chloris chloris (European greenfinch/Grünfink/
Обыкновенная зеленушка [Obyknovennaya zelenushka, ‘common greenfinch’]/grönfink), often referred to as ‘sveriges kanariefågel’ (the Swedish canary bird) because of its characteristic song and flight call.
Used to see greenfinches quite often. Not so much nowadays. :(

Torvill & Dean, 1984, the short programme - Paso Doble (Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio Espagnol, op. 34)

Original Set Pattern (Paso Doble) routine; performed for the last time in amateur competition at the World Figure Skating Championships in Ottawa, Canada in March 1984. In the Olympics (in Sarajevo) the previous month they received perfect 6.0 x 3 for Artistic Impression for this routine but here at the World's they got 6.0 right across the board.

Last edited:
Yeah, Hermaness looks really cool.

I wouldn't mind going here, Muckle Flagga lighthouse. Probably not really bc I bet it's heaving with tourists in the summer and would be too bleak, I imagine, in the winter. But I like the idea, nevertheless.

Muckle_Fulga_Sunny.jpg
I didn't immediately realize how beautiful this place was. Really stunning 😍😍😍😍

Conjection: The Shetland Isles should have them fairly regularly, since it’s a few miles more northerly than my current Swedish position. And since the northern lights are a rather common sight in Sweden—even as far south as here, in the vicinity of lake Vänern—they ought to be there, too.
If I ever see it, I'll consider it a miracle that it happened to me. And for some people, it's a common occurrence.....
😀

I didn't immediately realize how beautiful this place was. Really stunning 😍😍😍😍
Stunning is definitely the word we want here. And 'bleak' was the wrong word for me to use. I don't think it would be bleak up there, in winter, but visiting as a tourist at that time of year could be tricky. Hotels close down, bus services might be reduced etc etc. But it would be quiet and that would suit the landscape so much better, imo.

It must have come out accidentally in the editing process, it's a mistake. I like this succinct explanation.
It was obvious that it was a small mistake, though. Like a typo. So it was easy to understand what you were really saying.

I'm off to start the potato salad. :D

Last edited:
Ngl, Christmas is not always my favourite thing and fan art is not really my thing, either. That said, here's a Michael Christmas greeting. I'm pretty sure I used this one last year but I've just used up a 'new' choice over on the Merry Christmas thread so ... whatever!

W904-1hv-2.gif

Back