The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

@bluemoon7

Further thoughts on Zadok the Priest. I always thought it would only be heard at Westminster Abbey during a coronation but I just found out that it was included every year in the Maundy Thursday service. Apparently the Queen insisted on it.

Does anyone know when the moon is in the seventh house? 🤔

Does anyone know when the moon is in the seventh house? 🤔
I don't but I'm intrigued why you want to know. Are you into astrology? Also, why not just look it up online? It's not my kind of thing but I assume this info could be found fairly easily online. No?

“Lgitt”? What a peculiar word!!

mind-blown-gif-9.gif

Sure:

Lebkuchen are an xmas specialty in Germany. The "Leb-" can be misunderstood as deriving from "leben" = alive/living.

Reaper reads "living/live cake" and exclaims "Yikes!"
Isn’t the first part derived from ‘leben’? 😲 I thought it actually was ‘livkaka’ (life biscuit/cookie).

Sugar is bad for us but we've been eating it for millennia. It's not going away.

(typing this while stuffing Matchmakers into gob!)

This book first came out in 1972. I read it a few years later. I still eat Matchmakers!

71+OHOeHohL._SL1500_.jpg
We have not eaten sugar on the current scale for very long at all, though.

1 bar of chocolate and sometimes a piece of cake or cookie daily.
I'd get a headache from consuming the chocolate daily alone. And i hate cake, cream filling, ice cream , Even pastry , Certain milk and cookies and biscuits/biscuity stuff. So it's easy for me to say watch it, but you will probably be at risk of high blood pressure issues [all depends,] indefinite tooth decay and possible anxiety.
That's quite a bit of sugar daily. It's coming in all different forms that's the thing , so i'd cut down to half a bar at least.
At least i didn't read a huge carbonated drinks intake which to me is a good thing. @Hiker

We have not eaten sugar on the current scale for very long at all, though.
Oh sure. And the sugar we eat today is mostly highly processed. Very different from eating natural honey or fresh fruit and berries. Not to mention sugar in all the places it doesn't even belong. Sugar in processed food, tinned food etc. Not saying we all eat that (I don't) but plenty of people do. So, yeah, it's a very different situation today.

My point still stands, though. I just don't think humans are going to give up sugar easily or any time soon. I'm lucky bc I don't have a sweet tooth and even the sugary sh!t I do eat, I can take it or leave it. But sugar is highly addictive. There's a reason why people struggle to give it up.

Back