the essential 3.0 new album

I just can't get excited about owning the same material 3 or 4 times a piece. Honestly, I'm getting sick of all of these greatest hits, Essentials, whatever.

Like everyone else, I'm a big MJ Fan but why would I pay 12-18 bucks or whatever the price is for material I already own? Its a bit ridiculous. Its bad enough I paid that price for the Number Ones Album just for one song.

Now the Ultimate Collection was what I'm talking about. It had J5 stuff which I did not own and it had plenty of rare goodies and unreleased tracks. And it came with a Concert DVD and since my VHS was destroyed it was a great purchase.

I wish a cd with nothing but Unreleased tracks came out but thats probably never going to happen. But at least then it would be new material. I mean it really doesn't solve anything by releasing this stuff. Its not like the radio stations will play the songs for the younger generation.

So really, unless you are a MJ fan you probably have no idea about this anyway. And as I said, you probably already own all the songs listed.

Last edited:
I just can't get excited about owning the same material 3 or 4 times a piece. Honestly, I'm getting sick of all of these greatest hits, Essentials, whatever.

Like everyone else, I'm a big MJ Fan but why would I pay 12-18 bucks or whatever the price is for material I already own? Its a bit ridiculous. Its bad enough I paid that price for the Number Ones Album just for one song.

Now the Ultimate Collection was what I'm talking about. It had J5 stuff which I did not own and it had plenty of rare goodies and unreleased tracks. And it came with a Concert DVD and since my VHS was destroyed it was a great purchase.

I wish a cd with nothing but Unreleased tracks came out but thats probably never going to happen. But at least then it would be new material. I mean it really doesn't solve anything by releasing this stuff. Its not like the radio stations will play the songs for the younger generation.

So really, unless you are a MJ fan you probably have no idea about this anyway. And as I said, you probably already own all the songs listed.
I'm with you. The Ultimate Collection was the last MJ release that was really worth owning. There was a good amount of rare and unreleased songs on there. Since then, all the releases have been not so good. Even Thriller 25 wasn't so great. I mean did anyone actually like those new remixes?

I'm with you. The Ultimate Collection was the last MJ release that was really worth owning. There was a good amount of rare and unreleased songs on there. Since then, all the releases have been not so good. Even Thriller 25 wasn't so great. I mean did anyone actually like those new remixes?

Im still buzzing about the new vocals of michaels and the for all time and wanna be startin somethin 2008 songs , i listen to T25 everyday

so yeah i love the remixes also

Thriller 25, well I'm mixed on that. I only really enjoyed the Billie Jean mix but it helps that I enjoy R&B I guess. And the new vocals were nice as well but I dont like Akon. But For All Time was worth it for me. So yeah, like Number Ones I basically bought the album for one song.

I was actually out at the mall today and checked out the MJ section and you know what all they had? Greatest hits cds. I mean all of them, cept History were there. I couldn't believe it. You don't realize how many he has until you actually see a pile of them. I saw one copy of Essential 3.0, looked at it and sat it right back down. That "Bonus disk" is a joke. Unless you're a newer fan then its great. But I dont think there are too many of those around anymore. And besides even if you are new then just get the Ultimate Collection and you're pretty much set. Thats a great start.

There was also a combo back of the Invincible album and Off The Wall which I thought was great. At least it was the orignal albums. My Invincible disk is kinda messed up...in fact all of my MJ disks are kinda beat. And Off The Wall is the only album I don't own just because I never had a desire to check it out since I have the songs that I like already. Still, I might request it as a gift or something if I cant think of anything else.

Thriller 25, well I'm mixed on that. I only really enjoyed the Billie Jean mix but it helps that I enjoy R&B I guess. And the new vocals were nice as well but I dont like Akon. But For All Time was worth it for me. So yeah, like Number Ones I basically bought the album for one song.

I was actually out at the mall today and checked out the MJ section and you know what all they had? Greatest hits cds. I mean all of them, cept History were there. I couldn't believe it. You don't realize how many he has until you actually see a pile of them. I saw one copy of Essential 3.0, looked at it and sat it right back down. That "Bonus disk" is a joke. Unless you're a newer fan then its great. But I dont think there are too many of those around anymore. And besides even if you are new then just get the Ultimate Collection and you're pretty much set. Thats a great start.

There was also a combo back of the Invincible album and Off The Wall which I thought was great. At least it was the orignal albums. My Invincible disk is kinda messed up...in fact all of my MJ disks are kinda beat. And Off The Wall is the only album I don't own just because I never had a desire to check it out since I have the songs that I like already. Still, I might request it as a gift or something if I cant think of anything else.
What store did you see Essentials 3.0 in? I've yet to see it in any store here.

It was at FYE. They only had one copy though like I said but I have a feeling that has nothing to do with people actually purchasing it. You might also want to try Best Buy. I'm sure they'll have it, its just usually greatest hits albums, you have to look for them throughout the store no matter how new they may be. I always seem to find MJ albums in the weirdest places of the store. And I have yet to see it advertised in a sunday paper ad. The only reason I know about it is because of posting here actually.

The last time I went to FYE in the mall around me they had pretty much all of his albums that are in print except HIStory and Essentials 3.0. They also had some good used stuff, That's were I found Got To Be There.

It was at FYE. They only had one copy though like I said but I have a feeling that has nothing to do with people actually purchasing it. You might also want to try Best Buy. I'm sure they'll have it, its just usually greatest hits albums, you have to look for them throughout the store no matter how new they may be. I always seem to find MJ albums in the weirdest places of the store. And I have yet to see it advertised in a sunday paper ad. The only reason I know about it is because of posting here actually.
Are you sure it was the 3.0 album because it's not listed on FYE's website.

Yes I'm positive. Thats pretty odd. I looked at the site myself and most of the MJ stuff listed there wasn't at the store either. I even checked sites like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, and stuff like that and I didn't see it listed either. So all I can suggest is try stores like that. I'm sure one of them has it.

The only listed album that you can find everywhere apparently is the first Essential Album. Might want to also try Circuit City.

Yes I'm positive. Thats pretty odd. I looked at the site myself and most of the MJ stuff listed there wasn't at the store either. I even checked sites like Wal-Mart and Best Buy, and stuff like that and I didn't see it listed either. So all I can suggest is try stores like that. I'm sure one of them has it.

The only listed album that you can find everywhere apparently is the first Essential Album. Might want to also try Circuit City.
So I went to FYE today and they had the 3.0 set. Sad to say I was a sucker and bought it. For some reason I couldn't resist even though I knew there were only 2 songs on there that I don't have on CD. Can't Get Outta The Rain shouldn't even be considered a song. It is basically the outro from You Can't Win. Can't Get Outta The Rain are literally the only lyrics in the whole song. They are just repeated over and over. There are no choruses or verses.

One good thing about my trip there was they had the regular version of Thriller 25 with the zombie cover. That's the first time I've ever seen it since the release of Thriler 25. I guess it is more rare than the regular cover version.

Glad you were able to find it. It really didn't cross my mind twice when I had it in my hand. Just looking at the track list I guess reminded me that I had all of them so there was really no use. So I guess it was easier for me in that sense.

That may be true about Thriller 25. I dont remember the last time Ive seen the Zombie cover either. I have seen those cards where you can purchase at the store and like download the album with that particular cover on it though. Which by the way, what the heck is the point of that? I guess its cool if you only want a few songs but I just find it odd.

I see the other version more. Well actually I haven't seen the album period it quite some time. I got the regular. I thought about getting the Zombie one but I didn't really like it.

Im still buzzing about the new vocals of michaels and the for all time and wanna be startin somethin 2008 songs , i listen to T25 everyday

so yeah i love the remixes also

all those vocals are old but previously unreleased from the original 1982 Thriller recording sessions

e.g. the TGIM demo was released on the 3-track CD single of TGIM 2008

My copy arrived today from the US, definately worth the import in my opinion. Especially as I got it from the only seller at the time on Amazon.com that posted internationally. It said it was used very good 'which I thought it had only been out a month so it can't be in bad shape at all'.
Anyways turns out it was actually New & Sealed! So am very pleased with it. Yet to open it, but i'll probably look at it when I get a little bored over the weekend. I've talked about what I think of the release but I must say It's a nice item to have anyways, I love the packaging. One thing I did notice was that you guys never got The Earth song on your Essential album, it was like such a massive hit in the UK!

Last edited:
My copy arrived today from the US, definately worth the import in my opinion. Especially as I got it from the only seller at the time on Amazon.com that posted internationally. It said it was used very good 'which I thought it had only been out a month so it can't be in bad shape at all'.
Anyways turns out it was actually New & Sealed! So am very pleased with it. Yet to open it, but i'll probably look at it when I get a little bored over the weekend. I've talked about what I think of the release but I must say It's a nice item to have anyways, I love the packaging. One thing I did notice was that you guys never got The Earth song on your Essential album, it was like such a massive hit in the UK!
Earth Song didn't do as well in the USA as in other parts of the world because there was no physical single release in the USA. So the charts were only based on airplay, therefore the song didn't chart as high as it could have if a single was released. I remember back then that they purposely didn't release a physical single in the USA because they wanted to boost the album sales.

i am glad for you :clapping: ... these days I think I'll get the CD! :cheeky:

Indeed, Mijacfan said he has Essential 3.0! Mijacfan please show us pictures of the CD! :angel: I am very curious what "Eco-Friendly Packaging" is ... I am in Romania and takes a lot to get a package from U.S. ... I have no patience! :timer:

im sorry i have not checked this thread , im glad someone posted the pictures for you. im sorry i wished i would have checked this thread . so sorry i was not ignoreing you i would have tried to help but i forgot i didnot post pictures sorry.

Hey have you received your copy from Amazon yet? You've been waiting a long time for it.

not yet ... I made the order on Oct. 02, and I ordered several things : The Wiz - 30 Anniversary, The Essential 3.0, For The Record (Book) and Michael Jackson Conspiracy (Book); all in one command.
They did have announced that they have sent separately - I received last Friday The wiz ... I expect now the rest of the order ...

Today I recive the rest of my order ... I recive The Essential 3.0 ... I like the looks CD ... interesting!

this is picture of the cd
TheEssential3.jpg

Last edited:
Cool nicu_mjj, glad you received your album=) Thanks for mentioning The Wiz DVD, i've been menaing to get that but forgot about it, am going to get it now=) Is your DVD the one that comes with the CD?

^^^^^

It looks cool.

I'll have to order it whenever i get money again - propably after christmas then! :(

For Franniiv3 :
The DVD The Wiz 30 Anniversary has a bonus CD with some parts of the movie sound track ... honestly expect to be more spectacular this dvd ... but is not ... is simply ...
I will show you a picture of the DVD ... tonight :)

For Franniiv3 :
The DVD The Wiz 30 Anniversary has a bonus CD with some parts of the movie sound track ... honestly expect to be more spectacular this dvd ... but is not ... is simply ...
I will show you a picture of the DVD ... tonight :)

Thanks, that sounds pretty cool actually, as long as the CD has all the sung songs that's fine. Aw you don't have to post pics of it, it's okay=) Unless you want to of course. Lv x

last night I forgot to post photo ... sorry :p ...tonight I hope I keep my word!

photo here:
thewiz.jpg

Last edited:
Back