the essential 3.0 new album

That's another reason I think people hardly think of Motown and MJ together, there's little of his Motown stuff on his hits collections, lol.

As for young fans getting them, direct them online on YouTube, it's out there. :)

mjdnews1066.jpg

Michael isn't the only artist getting the 3.0 treatment others who will be released on the same day of August 26, 2008 here in the USA are:

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1217288...tial 3.0&rh=n:5174,k:the essential 3.0&page=1

Judas Priest
Journey
Earth;Wind & Fire
Leonard Cohen
Heart
Elvis Presley
Alabama
Ted Nugent
Johnny Cash
Janis Joplin
Waylon Jennings
Sly & The Family Stone
Kenny Loggins
Kansas
Luther Vandross
Tony Bennett
Miles Davis
Billy Joel
Barbra Streisand
Bruce Springsteen

:crackingup: at that cover. Coulda juss put some glitter design of Mike holdin' his crotch, I dunno...

oooo boy da sam cover with red fill light....smh....well wont the sales triple as far as discs? likes 100,000 = 300,000 which could be smart if it was worth buying lol

1970-1984 was mj's most productive period so many songs are going to be included
Yes, but I like his "new" songs too. Many songs like What Goes Around Comes Around or Blues Away weren't released as a single and many slngs like Can't Get Outta The Rain or Farewell My Summer Love were flop...

Last edited:
I think its just a cheap way for sony to make more money out of the fact that mj is turning 50...
of course. but even for sony this is pretty tacky lol

That set is a good deal for mainstream audiences in the US.
And MJ may get some exposure as the CD wil be promoted in stores etc...
I think that's a good timing.

You're Welcome Bubbles4ever ;)

I think links to the song from the Temperton CD should not be spread as it will be available soon ;)

Fans in the US get a very cool updated version of TEMJ :)

Last edited:
has this long version of The Lady in My Life been released before?

yes this sounds great. we are getting something cool. so everybody go out a buy as many copies as you can and support michael and thank him for all that he has given us .make michael number one .

Praise for the day we get concert footage on dvd and blu-ray

hey Sony how about a 25th anniversary DVD next year for the victory tour next year.

So is anyone here going to buy this come Tuesday? I'm going to but I have a feeling that it will be hard to find in stores. Neither Best Buy or Circuit City have this listed on their websites. They usually have albums listed on their sites a month before they are released. I've noticed a lot of stores have the 2.0 version at a reduced price. My guess is stores will not start selling the 3.0 set until they are completely sold out of the 2.0 set.

I won't buy another mj greatest hitz album unless something new is on it or comes with it.

So is anyone here going to buy this come Tuesday? I'm going to but I have a feeling that it will be hard to find in stores. Neither Best Buy or Circuit City have this listed on their websites. They usually have albums listed on their sites a month before they are released. I've noticed a lot of stores have the 2.0 version at a reduced price. My guess is stores will not start selling the 3.0 set until they are completely sold out of the 2.0 set.

I think you are correct this will probably be one of those very slow sellers that increases in time due to so many GH's already saturating the market, the 2.0 copies will need to be completely sold out before they move on to 3.0 which the stores will. I'm sure Amazon will stop listing the 2.0 altogether once they sell out the remaining copies they have.

I went to Walmart today to get my dad a birthday card for his Bday tomorrow. Went to see if 3.0 was on the shelves............it wasn't. Not surprised 1 bit. Same thing has been happening to all of MJ's releases since "Invincible".

Can't get outta the rain & Say, Say, Say aren't on the Ultimate Collection, or does your edition have them? Am in England so not gonna bother to import this now we're getting both Can't get outta the rain & Say, Say ,Say on the third disc of KOP. I think this is great for people in the US who A. don't have the original album and B. Can't get outta the rain and Say. Say. Say aren't available on any Michael Jackson album yet, so this is an absolutely wonderful release! Lv x

Last edited:
this edition is only for the USA or is for worldwide?

contain full version of Lady in my life?:angel:

Back