the essential 3.0 new album

mijacfan

Proud Member
sorry if this is already posted but did anybody else see that sony usa is releaseing the essential 3.0 3 cd on august 28 to celebrate michael birthday. it has the 2 disc essential michael album that came out in 2005 and a third cd with butterflies one more chane cant gett otta the rain and they dont care about us .you can pre order it at amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/Essential-3-0-Michael-Jackson/dp/B001CU1RRM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1216678566&sr=1-3

to read about the entire playlist you can visithttp://mjdatabank.com/english_version/news/news_main_current.htm

sorry if its already posted

it just keeps getting worse. This is a re-release of a re-release.

I hope this is not true. It is time for the releases to stop. It is now a overkill. Lets enjoy the success of Thriller 25 and leave it at that now.

We all can wonder what is the masterplan behind those reissues and those compilations.

Actually, when Sony releases a "Essential" 3CD set for an artist, the 3rd Cd is filled with rare tracks, unreleased tracks and remixes.
We just get a "bonus" disc with tracks that complete the 2 other CD's.
Mainstream audience may like it though.

I think its just a cheap way for sony to make more money out of the fact that mj is turning 50...

The Essential 3.0 MJ - tracklist of CD #3

1. Can't Get Outta The Rain Michael Jackson - Quincy Jones B-side of "The Girl Is Mine" (Epic 34-03288), "Billie Jean" (Epic 34-03509), and"Thriller" (Epic 34-04364), Produced by Quincy Jones for Quincy Jones Productions

2. Say, Say, Say [Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson] Michael Jackson - Paul McCartney Recorded 1982, From Columbia single 38-04168, #1 pop, #2 r&b

3. Jam Michael Jackson - Ivan Moore - Teddy Riley - Bruce Swedien Recorded 1991, From “Dangerous - Special Edition” (Epic EK 66071), Produced by Michael Jackson, Teddy Riley and Bruce Swedien, Solo and Background Vocals by Michael Jackson, Rap by Heavy D, Arrangement by Michael Jackson, Bruce Swedien, Teddy Riley and Rene Moore, Vocal Arrangement by Michael Jackson, #26 pop, #3 r&b

4. They Don't Care About Us Michael Jackson Recorded 1995, From "HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 1" (Epic 59000), Produced by Michael Jackson, Lead and Background Vocals by Michael Jackson, Background Vocals by Andrae Crouch Choir, Background Guitar by Slash and Trevor Rabin, #30 pop, #10 r&b

5. Blood On The Dance Floor Michael Jackson - Teddy Riley Recorded 1997, From "Blood On The Dance Floor - History In The Mix" (Epic EK 68000), Produced by Michael Jackson for MJJ Productions, Inc., and Teddy Riley, Solo and Background Vocals by Michael Jackson, Vocal Arrangement by Michael Jackson, Keyboard and Synthesizers by Teddy Riley and Brad Buxer, Drum Programming by Teddy Riley and Brad Buxer, Digital Systems Programming by Matt Carpenter, #42 pop, #19 r&b

6. Stranger In Moscow Michael Jackson Recorded 1995, From "HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 1" (Epic 59000), Produced by Michael Jackson for MJJ Productions, Inc., Lead and Background Vocals by Michael Jackson, Background Guitar by Steve Lukather, Keyboards, Synthesizers and Bass by David Paich, Keyboards and Synthesizers by Steve Porcaro, #91 pop, #50 r&b

7. Butterflies Andre Harris - Marsha Ambrosius Recorded 2001, From "Invincible" (Epic EK 69400), Produced by Michael Jackson and Andre Harris, Executive Producer: Michael Jackson, Lead Vocal by Michael Jackson, Background Vocals by Michael Jackson and Marsha Ambrosius, Horns by Norman Jeff Bradshaw and Matt Cappy, All music instruments performed by Andre Harris, #14 pop, #2 r&b

8. One More Chance R. Kelly Recorded 2003 · From "Number Ones" (Epic EK 88998), Produced by R. Kelly and Michael Jackson, Lead and background vocals by Michael Jackson, Vocals recorded by Brad Buxor and John Nettlesbey, Mixed by Serban Digital editing by John Nettlesbey, String arrangement by Michael Jackson, Guitar by Donnie Lyle, Additional Protools by John Hanes, Assistant Engineer: Tim Roberts

pre-order on Amazon.com --> click here

source: mjdatabank.com

thats a slap in the face to U.S. fans in my view.. Where many other fans outside of the U.S get at least an album with an unreleased track, create rewards around it, vote etc...

And they give us this???

WHY?? Are they trying to show Michael that he does not sell here??? Well that's a bias sales tactic if true... While trying to convince him to do most stuff over seas.

Last edited:
Are u kidding me?! What about KOP US Edition?!

Why do american fans have to settle with a re-release of a re-release?! :rant:

We should just contact sony and say DON'T BOTHER..

I knew we wouldn't get it :( Like I said before, us U.S. fans always seem to get shafted. He hasn't had any concerts here since the Bad tour (not counting the little Hawaii concert), we didn't even get Moonwalker, and I don't think we even got the visionary box set. WTH is going on??!!

Last edited:
im glad we are aleast getting this . i thought we wouldnt be getting anything from sony.i wish it had more rare songs on it . sony saew how well thriller 25 is doing here in america i was hoping they would give us the chance to buy mj 50th

thats a slap in the face to U.S. fans in my view.. Where many other fans outside of the U.S get at least an album with an unreleased track, create rewards around it, vote etc...

And they give us this???

WHY?? Are they trying to show Michael that he does not sell here??? Well that's a bias sales tactic if true... While trying to convince him to do most stuff over seas.

I thought Australia was the only one to get the unreleased track?

oh and my opinion. like always

WHO CARES?

why are people angry? a re-release does no harm. there is no nasty tactics by sony. is a sony excec at ur house holding a gun to ur head telling u to buy it? NO! show some innitiative and think independantly! just dont buy the damned thing if u dont want it!

for ME personally it would be pointless to buy as i have all the songs anyways. same with most of us here.

BUT, there ARE going to be people who are not familiar with Michael's work, OR, who only know the common songs... and these people may be interested to see what MJ is all about during the fuss of his 50th birthday.

a re-release is never a bad thing. i just dont get why people gather on a forum and winge about them.

I'm not angry but I just feel like going "Jesus..." because, well, just because... :)

Anyway, if you got the Ultimate Collection, then you can skip this...if you wanna. SHAMON. :D

I bet the cover would have some moonwalk imprint on it with the words "BIGFOOT, ER, MICHAEL WAS HERE..." :giggle:

Last edited:
I knew we wouldn't get it :( Like I said before, us U.S. fans always seem to get shafted. He hasn't had any concerts here since the Bad tour (not counting the little Hawaii concert), we didn't even get Moonwalker, and I don't think we even got the visionary box set. WTH is going on??!!
In the US, we did get Moonwalker, but only on VHS. It was never released on DVD. We also got the Visionary boxed set, but it came out a long time after it was released in the rest fo the world.

oh and my opinion. like always

WHO CARES?

why are people angry? a re-release does no harm. there is no nasty tactics by sony. is a sony excec at ur house holding a gun to ur head telling u to buy it? NO! show some innitiative and think independantly! just dont buy the damned thing if u dont want it!

for ME personally it would be pointless to buy as i have all the songs anyways. same with most of us here.

BUT, there ARE going to be people who are not familiar with Michael's work, OR, who only know the common songs... and these people may be interested to see what MJ is all about during the fuss of his 50th birthday.

a re-release is never a bad thing. i just dont get why people gather on a forum and winge about them.

LOL, i don't think ppl are angry, just antsy waiting for something new or unreleased......now that you mention it, it won't be THAT bad if it makes new MJ fans, lol!!

LOL, i don't think ppl are angry, just antsy waiting for something new or unreleased......now that you mention it, it won't be THAT bad if it makes new MJ fans, lol!!

And "Thriller 25" ain't doing that? :lol:

How about those that became fans after "scandalized events"? ;)

So will there be another sub-forum 4 this?

Oh don't tell me the whine and gloat and moan and b*tch and sh*t and f**k thread? :lol:

We all gotta be thankful, right? :giggle:

That's like me saying I walked to school barefoot in five feet of snow, uphill, both ways, ate dirt 'til I was 30 and was thankful to get it! :lol:

That was a line by Bill Cosby. :)

In the US, we did get Moonwalker, but only on VHS. It was never released on DVD. We also got the Visionary boxed set, but it came out a long time after it was released in the rest fo the world.

Both that and the Thriller mini-film need to be released as DVDs. :yes:

Ain't Ghosts released on DVD? I don't think it is.

Last edited:
Back