The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

We're that deep in the desperation zone for unreleased material.
But dont you think it is likely that genuine Cascio songs exist? Even if its just scatch vocals? I find it unlikely that mj would only work on Thriller 25 living in their home for 3 months. Also they wouldnt pitch the genuine songs at the time of the Michael album because it would be immediatly obvious that the Malachi songs are fake when heard in comparison between a fully complete fake song and a very rough mj scratch vocal.

But dont you think it is likely that genuine Cascio songs exist? Even if its just scatch vocals? I find it unlikely that mj would only work on Thriller 25 living in their home for 3 months. Also they wouldnt pitch the genuine songs at the time of the Michael album because it would be immediatly obvious that the Malachi songs are fake when heard in comparison between a fully complete fake song and a very rough mj scratch vocal.
Not really far fetched when practically all of MJ's collaborators from that time confirmed that MJ would very, very rarely record vocals after the 2005 trial. There are plenty of songs that MJ kept working on for 10+ years but never laid one line of vocals on them, Shut Up And Dance being one of the main examples.

Not really far fetched when practically all of MJ's collaborators from that time confirmed that MJ would very, very rarely record vocals after the 2005 trial. There are plenty of songs that MJ kept working on for 10+ years but never laid one line of vocals on them, Shut Up And Dance being one of the main examples.
MJ being the perfectionist he was is such a double edged sword lol.

There are plenty of songs that MJ kept working on for 10+ years but never laid one line of vocals on them, Shut Up And Dance being one of the main examples.
What I don't understand about this is: if he didn't at least mumble a melodic line on those instrumentals, how would the melody he had for those songs be "saved" for later use? MJ couldn't write music, so it's not like he could write down the notes to the melody, and I don't think he would just keep it in his head for 10 years without "saving" it somewhere where it couldn't be forgotten/lost. Unless SUAD was a rare case where he came up with a "track" with no melody for it yet, and just worked on the instrumental.

What I don't understand about this is: if he didn't at least mumble a melodic line on those instrumentals, how would the melody he had for those songs be "saved" for later use? MJ couldn't write music, so it's not like he could write down the notes to the melody, and I don't think he would just keep it in his head for 10 years without "saving" it somewhere where it couldn't be forgotten/lost. Unless SUAD was a rare case where he came up with a "track" with no melody for it yet, and just worked on the instrumental.
He left them recorded on tapes, voicemails, or on his own phone, it's how songs like Monster came to be. But I don't doubt that he still remembered the melodies after years, MJ had an incredible memory when it came to his music. It explains why he'd go back to working on so many songs after they were left in the vault for decades lol.

As for SUAD it was a song written by 2 sound engineers, it does have full vocals but they're sung by someone else. Still surprises me that MJ never recorded it seeing how the foundation for it was pretty much already there.

We know for a fact they don't. MJ was only ever presented two songs, both found in Carolwood, neither had his vocals on.
Seems a little presumptuous, to be honest. We don’t know MJ was only ever presented with two Cascio songs—those are just the only two that were shown in court documents. There could be others. MJ was working on dozens of songs, and most of them weren’t seen on any of the pictured CDs. I also personally feel like MJ was shown multiple Cascio tracks during his 2007 stay. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t, to be honest.

I don’t believe he ever worked on or recorded a single one of them, but I think it’s easy to jump to conclusions just because the Cascios are douchebags. Prior to last year, we thought MJ never heard a second of those songs.

Seems a little presumptuous, to be honest. We don’t know MJ was only ever presented with two Cascio songs—those are just the only two that were shown in court documents. There could be others. MJ was working on dozens of songs, and most of them weren’t seen on any of the pictured CDs. I also personally feel like MJ was shown multiple Cascio tracks during his 2007 stay. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t, to be honest.

I don’t believe he ever worked on or recorded a single one of them, but I think it’s easy to jump to conclusions just because the Cascios are douchebags. Prior to last year, we thought MJ never heard a second of those songs.
Yeah, that's more than fair. I guess in terms of a factual link, we've only got those two - and we know they were actively working on some songs.

There's a few we can certainly rule out MJ knowing about - Breaking News is one of them.

I always had the asumption, that MJ worked on parts of the Cascio tracks, some may just be some melodies (with a working title maybe), maybe some were more fleshed out. Other were maybe just shown to Michael. At the end, no song was finished or close enought to finished to be released, but Cascio wanted to sell them so he faked them. Maybe he even just those demo, with maybe same scratch vocals or just MJ talking about ideas (like he did on Hollywood tonight) to convince the estate, that the songs are real.

Guys, seriously?

have you heard the Faking Michael Podcast?

MJ simply had nothing to do with these songs. It's the reality. If he had recorded any mumbling melodies for it the cascios would have presented those recordings at the countless meetings (in 2010) where they told everyone that MJ told them to delete all the outtakes of the (fake) songs.

Guys, seriously?

have you heard the Faking Michael Podcast?

MJ simply had nothing to do with these songs. It's the reality. If he had recorded any mumbling melodies for it the cascios would have presented those recordings at the countless meetings (in 2010) where they told everyone that MJ told them to delete all the outtakes of the (fake) songs.
No sorry i didnt heard the podcast. It was just a guess of mine.

Whats still confusing for me are these two interviews with Michael Prince. Like what songs is he talking about?

Is it possible that there is still music that hasnt been registered yet?

Whats still confusing for me are these two interviews with Michael Prince. Like what songs is he talking about?

Is it possible that there is still music that hasnt been registered yet?

Definitely possible that Michael Prince has some unfinished demos that are currently not public. From that article it seems they are all unfinished enough to need someone else to sing on them so they can be released, which is not all that surprising.

The estate don't really see any value in mj's mostly unfinished music, so it's no shock to me that they have not really bothered with the stuff MP has.

I always had the asumption, that MJ worked on parts of the Cascio tracks, some may just be some melodies (with a working title maybe), maybe some were more fleshed out. Other were maybe just shown to Michael. At the end, no song was finished or close enought to finished to be released, but Cascio wanted to sell them so he faked them. Maybe he even just those demo, with maybe same scratch vocals or just MJ talking about ideas (like he did on Hollywood tonight) to convince the estate, that the songs are real.
Even if the songs were in progress we did not wanna hear a writers demo with some other guy miscredited as Michael. If anything they could've gotten away with that in an entirely different context. Of the truth.

Back