The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Additionally, John Barnes confirmed to me that he never worked on a song called Pyramid Girl. Given that Liberian Girl was worked on in 1984 (with Barnes), it would be very odd for a song called "Pyramid Girl" to be on one of the last configurations of Bad in 1987.

Last edited:
Even though he was probably bullshittin' them, an album in Summer 1985 would've been cool. I wonder what songs he was working on during his stay in Australia.

You guys should know by now how reliable I’ve been in these threads by the information and clippings I’ve posted. Trying to find this stuff is like a needle in a haystack sometimes.

There was a clock/radio device in the early 80s that he was supposed to collaborate with, hence releasing Nite Line. The device didn’t pick up steam and was ultimately scrapped.
Coming back to this, the brand was called The Nightline and featured clocks, radios and cassette players.

Exclusively for the South-Asian market, Michael signed a sponsorship deal in June 1997 with Esonic to promote a portable Video CD player called "Video Discbaby". Michael was given the machine on the History tour while in Tawian and loved it so much he agreed to promote it for three years. A commercial was made in America in October 1997 that he starred in. It aired in Taiwan and South Korea only. Omar Bhatti also featured in the commercial. Michael earned around $350k for his involvement

With Michael registering this concert at The Forum in November 1981, I wonder if he and his brothers were planning on releasing it at some point
21013866-10154658888557212-379365172597654678-o.jpg

With Michael registering this concert at The Forum in November 1981, I wonder if he and his brothers were planning on releasing it at some point

43 years later, do the tapes even exist anymore? If so what state are they in? If they werent stored properly then they are probably in a really bad state.

43 years later, do the tapes even exist anymore? If so what state are they in? If they werent stored properly then they are probably in a really bad state.
A copy of it has been registered with the US Copyright Office.

Type of Work:Motion Picture
Registration Number / Date:PAu000369134 / 1981-11-23
Application Title:The Jacksons’ 1981 Forum concert.
Title:The Jacksons at the Forum, September 26, 1981.
Description:2 videocassettes (ca. 84 min.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.
Notes:Deposit includes description (2 p.)
Copyright Claimant:Michael Jackson
Date of Creation:1981
Authorship on Application:entire performance: The Jacksons; entire cinematography: Michael Jackson, employer for hire.
Previous Registration:Preexisting material: musical compositions.
Basis of Claim:New Matter: "performances and cinematography."
Copyright Note:C.O. correspondence.
Names:Jackson, Michael
Jacksons

Additionally, John Barnes confirmed to me that he never worked on a song called Pyramid Girl. Given that Liberian Girl was worked on in 1984 (with Barnes), it would be very odd for a song called "Pyramid Girl" to be on one of the last configurations of Bad in 1987.
In the 1983 interview he did at Hayvenhurst, he even calls it "Liberian GIrl".

As far as Pyramid Girl and Liberian Girl goes, the editor could've gotten the title wrong or Pyramid Girl could be different from Liberian Girl in terms of lyrics and productions. Could be an early song he played before deciding on Liberian Girl.

Anything is possible

It's not that hard to believe they just got it wrong. Phonetically it's close enough.

The truth is most people would not have even heard of Liberia like that.

Wow his vocals here are simply amazing . She's out of my life always sung well but this is amazing , also great to see that footage of Dont Stop. Would've been a great release if it happened.

we have an MJ song (vocals only in the chorus) called Monster. It has nothing to do with Threatened. Rodney was the producer of only the songs he co-wrote. Before I knew about all the BS of the Cascio songs, I brought our Monster for Teddy to hear, because the chorus would have worked with the Cascio version. He didn’t want to use it, and I now know why. - Michael Prince
Can you provide a source for that? I’ve never heard that before.

Can you provide a source for that? I’ve never heard that before.
There's an MJ song called "Monster" (unrelated to the one that appeared on the Michael album). It was made in 1998 for the Invincible album, produced by Brad Buxer, Michael Prince and C.J. Devillar. It's unfinished, consisting of a chorus/hook "You created a monster, you're a monster, you're an animal, that crawls at night".
The producers have said that it's the most complex song he made, with over 100+ tracks. C.J. Devillar spoke about it in depth in the 54 Episode of MJCast where he described that (he) might have recorded 40 tracks with stack vocals with verses and a bridge "Maybe had some sketeal ideas of that, but I know we practically filled it".
There was an orchestra laid out, huge amount of percussion [...] It was very experimental. It sounded like a very personal Michael Jackson song to me. It was like one of his SGT Pepper songs, that he went kind of 'art' instead of hitting us with 'pop'. He reached down to a different place with this song, it's more challenging to listen to."

If you want to read more about what C.J. Devillar said about "Monster", check out the transcript for the MJCast episode (Monster starts at the end of Page 6 and ends at the start of Page 8). https://www.themjcast.com/transcripts/054.pdf

Wow his vocals here are simply amazing . She's out of my life always sung well but this is amazing , also great to see that footage of Dont Stop. Would've been a great release if it happened.
Triumph Tour was definitely his best vocals to date. It's unfortunate that his health declined from this point as his lupus started not long after.
To consistently perform Don't Stop Til You Get Enough must've definitely not been easy.

There's an MJ song called "Monster" (unrelated to the one that appeared on the Michael album). It was made in 1998 for the Invincible album, produced by Brad Buxer, Michael Prince and C.J. Devillar. It's unfinished, consisting of a chorus/hook "You created a monster, you're a monster, you're an animal, that crawls at night".
The producers have said that it's the most complex song he made, with over 100+ tracks. C.J. Devillar spoke about it in depth in the 54 Episode of MJCast where he described that (he) might have recorded 40 tracks with stack vocals with verses and a bridge "Maybe had some sketeal ideas of that, but I know we practically filled it".
There was an orchestra laid out, huge amount of percussion [...] It was very experimental. It sounded like a very personal Michael Jackson song to me. It was like one of his SGT Pepper songs, that he went kind of 'art' instead of hitting us with 'pop'. He reached down to a different place with this song, it's more challenging to listen to."

If you want to read more about what C.J. Devillar said about "Monster", check out the transcript for the MJCast episode (Monster starts at the end of Page 6 and ends at the start of Page 8). https://www.themjcast.com/transcripts/054.pdf
In the interview he never mentioned the lyrics having more lyrics than “you created a monster”

Bill Bottrell:

It must have been '96 Michael called and asked me to come to Record Plant LA to work on new material.
I hadn't seen or heard from him since '91.
I found much activity and 3 rooms booked at R.P.
It seemed chaotic and leaderless.

M. showed me around, and especially wanted me to hear BOTDF, because he had borrowed the title from a demo I wrote during Dangerous.
Mick Gusauski was in final stages of mix in one of the rooms.
I remember I felt it didn't SOUND like an M. track, and felt it was not Mick's fault, that the tracks weren't recorded well.

I set up in a studio, with a great assistant and a song M. sang to me. I was trying to create that long un-pitched "gooooooom" sound. I didn't have many instruments.

M. got me up in his lounge, where there was a gentleman keeping his distance introduced as manager.

Michael was not well. He wanted to talk about Sheryl Crow whose famous album I wrote and produced and how she dissed him after hitting big. I gave my empathy as I knew how she could try too hard to say the ingratiating thing in the moment.

He hated my first DAT of the song, said it sounded like a circus.

We took a limo over to Larrabee W. hollywood. There the great engineer (?) was working on "Demerol" (Morphine)
I had to cheer Michael up somehow, remind him that these sessions are for HIS expression, HE needs to let loose because somehow this huge entourage had got the better of him.

I hear the track and got M. out in the big room, put up a mic and me and M. SANG the chorus at the top of our lungs. We were yelling it out. Breathing! Shout! I hoped it felt good for him.

On the ride back we talked some more.
As we came in the back door, there stood some other clients- producer Don **** and some famous musicians.
They tried to chat us up but I got M. past that, past the hot tub with a condom on the bottom, past all the studios with no sound coming out, and I said good bye.

And to this day I've wondered what I should have done better. I'm so sad.

Not OP, but I’ve seen this quote. It’s from The Michael Jackson Archives Facebook page, where MP is a member and engages with fans. I’ll try to see if I can find a screenshot!
Is that group private? I tried to look it up but I couldn't find it.

Back