The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I just hope BB & MP specifically are writing down stories, archiving the material and making good in-depth notes about each version. It’d be a shame for them to pass on without getting their full stories down. Buxer specifically is holding things back. He mentioned at a seminar I was at that “the final session I did with him was so amazing, it would give people so much depth to Michael” or something along those lines. When people asked for him to share he said “not at this time, one day”
Was this from the Bradx2 seminar recently or is this from some other time?

The someone was me. If I reveal to much information on the conversation itself, Michael Prince and other associates would know who I am. I am trying to prevent that.

Ask specific questions and I might answer them as in depth as I can.
Did he mention any post trial tracks as being “complete”? Potentially Just Remember or Boy No? Also did he mention the third track recorded at the bel air hotel in October 2008? Ik BoJ and The Loser but he said “three tracks” in one of his interviews

I just hope BB & MP specifically are writing down stories, archiving the material and making good in-depth notes about each version. It’d be a shame for them to pass on without getting their full stories down. Buxer specifically is holding things back. He mentioned at a seminar I was at that “the final session I did with him was so amazing, it would give people so much depth to Michael” or something along those lines. When people asked for him to share he said “not at this time, one day”
I recall Buxer saying there were "song packets" with info on every track worked on with MJ. So hopefully those cover much of the recording details.

Recap of ITSWMJ day with Buxer + Prince:

They did something new for Brad’s seminars, we went through invincible track by track

They started by talking about how the sessions started right after the history tour. MP mentioned “Monster”, “Bio” & “Hanson”. I was really hoping they’d play Monster, but they did not.

Unbreakable - people bobbed along and after the majority of the track finished, Brad asked BB & MP what they thought; Buxer said “I didn’t work on that one”

Heartbreaker - this was pretty cool because when they played the track but once the chorus he solo’ed the background vocals, very cool!

invincible - just the album version from memory. By the end of the 3 tracks the crowd was clearly not impressed with the jerkins tracks. Buxer said “I’m not a fan of Rodney’s tracks but I love him” or something along those lines.

Break of Dawn - a breath of fresh air! One of my favourites. The crowd was clearly enjoying it. After Buxer & Prince talked about dr freeze and praised him. Buxer mentioned “remember when we got him to sing “jungle”? He sounds just like Michael. You know with the fake tracks, if they were going to try to get someone to sound like Michael they should have gone for him”

Heaven can wait - cool track, nothing special

Butterflies - cool story, they argued about the adlib vocal from the woman at the end when she really belts. Buxer said it was autotuned and Prince and Sundberg said no. They played the solo’ed vocals

Speechless - highlight right here, Buxer told the story of how it was born, then played the track, acapella, background vocals. Strings solo’ed (which sounded amazing). There was 2 choirs on it, Tom bahler’s choir and another I cannot recall. They played both by themselves. Buxer said the track is “candy ass”

The lost children - Buxer absolutely hates this song lol. He said it was a mistake and that he wished it never came out. He said “just be done with the kids stuff man”

Whatever happens - highlight. Amazing track, crowd was feeling this one. Someone requested to hear Santanas solo isolated. Cool.

That’s all the tracks from invincible we listened too.

Buxer and Prince said “let’s listen to some stuff that we really like”

Stranger in Moscow - Buxer told the story about conception. Played along on his keyboard while it played

Childhood - same thing

Will you be there - same thing

In the back (voicemail) - highlight. MJ calls Buxer and says “I got an idea” or something along those lines. He then beat boxes in the back while singing the lyrics. He released “like that you know” a lot. Very very cool moment.

In the back - played the released version just to show how it progressed

Beautiful girl - highlight. Played the released version. Then this was the cool part. MP did a live mix of the song, he started with the percussion adding in little by little, then the guitar, strings etc before adding in BGV and finally lead vocals. It was amazing to witness.

Hollywood tonight (2008 version) - highlight. It starts just like the leaked demo with drum machine. But the rhythm guitar played by David Williams was PHENOMENAL. It takes the track to a whole new level, super funky. Way better than the leaked demo and the released version. Apparently there was additional vocals in the bridge but I don’t recall. On the bridge there was no “keep the drums playing” I believe it was just a rhythm guitar solo. MP told us how MJ recorded the guitar and MJ gave some really good tips to them to get the plucky sound he was going for.

Hollywood tonight (released version) - boring, would have liked to listen to the 2008 version again lol

That’s the extent of the unreleased material they played. No TWYLM, IAAL, or DIG, it was clear that they would not play anything unreleased that wasn’t connected to an already released demo, unfortunately.

Day 2 and 3 with Brian Vibberts & Matt Forger didn’t have any unreleased or new music at all. I did ask Forger about “Buffalo Bill” on a break but the music was playing so loud i had to yell into his ear for him to hear me. He said “I worked on that very quickly”. I asked about the state of the vault, because he works with the estate, I asked him if he has copies of some of the demos. He said “the estate has everything”. A person asked about “Tunring me off” and asked if they have it and if they’d play it. They said they don’t have it, Sundberg said “I liked that one”
Thank you so much!

Listen, I’m not as critical as most when it comes to posthumous works, but the fact that Teddy and Neff-U had a full rhythm guitar recording from David Williams and didn’t f*cking use it is criminal.

Thank you so much!

Listen, I’m not as critical as most when it comes to posthumous works, but the fact that Teddy and Neff-U had a full rhythm guitar recording from David Williams and didn’t f*cking use it is criminal.
Man you have no idea. It was so freaking good. The bridge reminded me a lot of WBSS bridge where the guitar just hits you. I’ve never really been a huge fan of HT because I don’t like the album version, or the demo. The 2008 version was amazing.

They did something new for Brad’s seminars, we went through invincible track by track

They started by talking about how the sessions started right after the history tour. MP mentioned “Monster”, “Bio” & “Hanson”. I was really hoping they’d play Monster, but they did not.

Unbreakable - people bobbed along and after the majority of the track finished, Brad asked BB & MP what they thought; Buxer said “I didn’t work on that one”

Heartbreaker - this was pretty cool because when they played the track but once the chorus he solo’ed the background vocals, very cool!

invincible - just the album version from memory. By the end of the 3 tracks the crowd was clearly not impressed with the jerkins tracks. Buxer said “I’m not a fan of Rodney’s tracks but I love him” or something along those lines.

Break of Dawn - a breath of fresh air! One of my favourites. The crowd was clearly enjoying it. After Buxer & Prince talked about dr freeze and praised him. Buxer mentioned “remember when we got him to sing “jungle”? He sounds just like Michael. You know with the fake tracks, if they were going to try to get someone to sound like Michael they should have gone for him”

Butterflies - cool story, they argued about the adlib vocal from the woman at the end when she really belts. Buxer said it was autotuned and Prince and Sundberg said no. They played the solo’ed vocals

Speechless - highlight right here, Buxer told the story of how it was born, then played the track, acapella, background vocals. Strings solo’ed (which sounded amazing). There was 2 choirs on it, Tom bahler’s choir and another I cannot recall. They played both by themselves. Buxer said the track is “candy ass”

The lost children - Buxer absolutely hates this song lol. He said it was a mistake and that he wished it never came out. He said “just be done with the kids stuff man”

Whatever happens - highlight. Amazing track, crowd was feeling this one. Someone requested to hear Santanas solo isolated. Cool.

Stranger in Moscow - Buxer told the story about conception. Played along on his keyboard while it played

Childhood - same thing

In the back (voicemail) - highlight. MJ calls Buxer and says “I got an idea” or something along those lines. He then beat boxes in the back while singing the lyrics. He released “like that you know” a lot. Very very cool moment.

Beautiful girl - highlight. Played the released version. Then this was the cool part. MP did a live mix of the song, he started with the percussion adding in little by little, then the guitar, strings etc before adding in BGV and finally lead vocals. It was amazing to witness.

Hollywood tonight (2008 version) - highlight. It starts just like the leaked demo with drum machine. But the rhythm guitar played by David Williams was PHENOMENAL. It takes the track to a whole new level, super funky. Way better than the leaked demo and the released version. Apparently there was additional vocals in the bridge but I don’t recall. On the bridge there was no “keep the drums playing” I believe it was just a rhythm guitar solo. MP told us how MJ recorded the guitar and MJ gave some really good tips to them to get the plucky sound he was going for.

Hollywood tonight (released version) - boring, would have liked to listen to the 2008 version again lol

That’s the extent of the unreleased material they played. No TWYLM, IAAL, or DIG, it was clear that they would not play anything unreleased that wasn’t connected to an already released demo, unfortunately.

Day 2 and 3 with Brian Vibberts & Matt Forger didn’t have any unreleased or new music at all. I did ask Forger about “Buffalo Bill” on a break but the music was playing so loud i had to yell into his ear for him to hear me. He said “I worked on that very quickly”. I asked about the state of the vault, because he works with the estate, I asked him if he has copies of some of the demos. He said “the estate has everything”. A person asked about “Tunring me off” and asked if they have it and if they’d play it. They said they don’t have it, Sundberg said “I liked that one”
Thank you for this excellent recap! I agree with Buxer and Prince, lots of issues with the Jerkins tracks and The Lost Children should’ve definitely stayed in the vault. Hope to hear that Hollywood Tonight mix and the In The Back voicemail at some point.

Thank you for this excellent recap! I agree with Buxer and Prince, lots of issues with the Jerkins tracks and The Lost Children should’ve definitely stayed in the vault. Hope to hear that Hollywood Tonight mix and the In The Back voicemail at some point.
It was very cool experience but I wish I could have gone to the seminar hosted by BB and MP last summer. They played studio footage, history tour 4k 3D, water, adore you GYWOOM etc. I’d love a proper recap to that event.

Childhood - same thing

I was kinda hoping that the Bradx2 seminar you went to was the one that happened last Saturday, I've been asking around this forum for a recap of what went on there but oh well. This is pretty interesting too though so thanks for the recap lol.

It angers me how the estate doesn't do a research on the songs they have and pick the first version they find instead of looking for a version that's more up-to-date, there are many versions of songs that we'll never get to hear now that the opportunity for them to be released is gone. Bruce Swedien said that the complete version of DBMR is a banger and with what people have to say about this version of HT, it's definitely a missed opportunity too.

I've heard about collectors who own the 2008 version of Hollywood Tonight, hopefully it leaks and we all get to hear it one day. By what you and other people have said, that David Williams guitar sure does bring life to the demo.

I was kinda hoping that the Bradx2 seminar you went to was the one that happened last Saturday, I've been asking around this forum for a recap of what went on there but oh well. This is pretty interesting too though so thanks for the recap lol.

It angers me how the estate doesn't do a research on the songs they have and pick the first version they find instead of looking for a version that's more up-to-date, there are many versions of songs that we'll never get to hear now that the opportunity for them to be released is gone. Bruce Swedien said that the complete version of DBMR is a banger and with what people have to say about this version of HT, it's definitely a missed opportunity too.

I've heard about collectors who own the 2008 version of Hollywood Tonight, hopefully it leaks and we all get to hear it one day. By what you and other people have said, that David Williams guitar sure does bring life to the demo.
Yeah I’ve been a longtime lurker here, just recently jumped into being active here because I’m researching for a project 😉 could I pm you @ChanceToDance for some info?

Yeah I’ve been a longtime lurker here, just recently jumped into being active here because I’m researching for a project 😉 could I pm you @ChanceToDance for some info?
Yeah sure thing. I don't really have any insider info though, most of the stuff I get are things that have already been told in this forum so be warned lol.

The someone was me. If I reveal to much information on the conversation itself, Michael Prince and other associates would know who I am. I am trying to prevent that.

Ask specific questions and I might answer them as in depth as I can.
@firmware-god

Well, I‘m especially interested in the titles of those 25 songs. I’m reading this thread for months now and it seems that most of the song titles we know are unfinished demos with very less vocals. Especially the songs recorded in MJ‘s later years. So its kinda confusing to me which songs MP is refering to. Maybe they are not registered yet? 🤔 If possible, can you give us at least some titles?

One finished song seems to be „Ghost of Another Lover“ right?

Last edited:

What is DBMR
Please

It angers me how the estate doesn't do a research on the songs they have and pick the first version they find instead of looking for a version that's more up-to-date, there are many versions of songs that we'll never get to hear now that the opportunity for them to be released is gone.
I think they're doing everything on purpose. The closest thing to the 2008 mux is Neff-U's treatment of HT (with Ace von Johnson on guitar), and yet they've chosen Teddy's abomination.

You are correct. The songs we are talking about are mostly not registered. For good reason.

This is why revealing them might lead to speculation about me. Which again, I don’t want to risk. Maybe, but it‘s a hard maybe, I‘ll upload something in the next few weeks.

GOAL is vocally finished. Amazing track. The last time I talked about it, I got hardcore downvoted. I was planing on organising a fundraiser, as the song was for sale back then. That offer is gone by now, as I have bought the stems myself.
Why did you get downvoted ?
You bought it yourself? Wow, how much did that cost ? Was it expensive?

You are correct. The songs we are talking about are mostly not registered. For good reason.

This is why revealing them might lead to speculation about me. Which again, I don’t want to risk. Maybe, but it‘s a hard maybe, I‘ll upload something in the next few weeks.

GOAL is vocally finished. Amazing track. The last time I talked about it, I got hardcore downvoted. I was planing on organising a fundraiser, as the song was for sale back then. That offer is gone by now, as I have bought the stems myself.
Thanks so much! Thats actually pretty great news. Also kinda confusing why tf the estate hasnt used them on Michael or Xscape.

Im not gonna ask more about the unknown titles cos i dont want you to get in trouble.

One more question about GOAL tho. Do you know when the vocals for the final version were recorded? Post Invincible?

Back