"The collection" - released 29th June. (5 album set)

http://www.mjdatabank.com/news/2009/mai/20090527_mj_the_collection.htm

TRACKLISTING :

Off The Wall (*)

Don't stop 'til you get enough
Rock with you
Workin' day and night
Get on the floor
Off the wall
Girlfriend
She's out of my life
I can't help it
It's the falling in love
Burn this disco out
Voice over Intro Quincy Jones
Voice over intro "Don't stop 'til you get enough"
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Quincy Jones interview
Voice over Intro "Workin' day and night"
Workin' day and night
Quincy Jones interview
Voice over Intro Rod Temperton Interview
Voice over Intro Quincy Jones Interview

Thriller (**)
Wanna be startin' somethin'
Baby be mine
The girl is mine
Thriller
Beat it
Billie Jean
Human nature
P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)
The lady in my life

Bad (*)
Bad
The way you make me feel
Speed demon
Liberian girl
Just good friends
Another part of me
Man in the mirror
I just can't stop loving you
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal (radio edit)
Leave me alone
Streetwalker
Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (I just can't stop loving you)
Quincy Jones Interview
Voice-over Intro "Fly away"
Fly away

Dangerous (**)
Jam
Why you wanna trip on me
In the Closet
She drives me wild
Remember the time
Can’t let her get away
Heal the world
Black or white
Who is it
Give in to me
Will you be there
Keep the faith
Gone too soon
Dangerous

Invincible
Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Break of dawn
Heaven can wait
You rock my world
Butterflies
Speechless
2000 watts
You are my life
Privacy
Don't walk away
Cry
The lost children
Whatever happens
Threatened

(*) : 2001 edition
(**) : classic edition

Stay tuned...

Sony Music / MJ data bank

I can't help but laugh now. I love the use of asterisks to indicate a Classic vs. 2001 edition. How come no 2001 asterisk next to Invincible? It came out in 2001. What a joke in the end. I feel like de ja vu has repeated itself a thousand times. We should name this process. We could be the one's who create the 'term' for when an artist re-re-releases music. Maybe "rere" or 'reripoffs"?

This is the biggest mish mosh of albums I've ever seen in regards to standards. It is as if Sony took all of the CDs left over that they had produced and threw them together into a package to sell to the fans only. What a joke. I am LOLing worse than ever. Seriously, telling us that the alubms need asterisks to indicate their "status". Great! I just got a set containing a remaster of Dangerous, Off The Wall, with extras, and three other old CDs of Michael's they haven't touched in years. Must be leftovers. Then again, if they are including one of the FIRST PRESSINGS of Thriller, than I'm in line with $250. Someone let me know if this is the case when they pick up the set to view.

to any fan who respects himself

And thats why people still buy this shit. Because they're so scared there are not a real fan. And thats why they keep selling these albums. Its ridiculous.

some fans are just like to collect it....i will buy if i see 1 here in China....

anyway, i just found The magic and the madness book...here! in China!! in the little bookstore in the subway station for 99 yuan...means 14,5 US dollar....cheap enough...i think...so happy

oooh i like the little casings.

streetwalker too. :swoon: i have this profound urge to buy..:upside_down::worried::sideways::bowling:

EDIT: wheres history!!!! lol

I like the packaging too. Is that what the 3 disc uk edition of king of pop is like? Card sleeves or plastic cd cases in the box?

Yeah it's in a card sleeve thingy. :yes:
I saw Pink has got a collection like this out of all her albums minus the latest one. It did look pretty cool but I won't be buying the MJ one, purely because I have them all so what is the point. Pink's is £12.99 in the CD store here, so that's probably the sort of price Michael's will be.

Then again, if they are including one of the FIRST PRESSINGS of Thriller, than I'm in line with $250. Someone let me know if this is the case when they pick up the set to view.

It won't be like an original 1986 or 86' pressing... The 'original' un-remastered edition is still printed and sold in stores with the same catalogue number as it has always had... it'll just be that.

So the albums in card cases in a little box, it seems to be a trend nowadays theres Abba and the aforementioned Pink set... a good idea actually I have to say for people who don't have the albums and would just pick up a set at a good price for multiple albums.

I wouldn't buy it if it actually didn't seem rather cute. Yes i'm expecting it to be like the UK King of pop 3 Disc set with the albums in little sleeves. By the look of it they'll probably give the discs a 'vinyl' like look on the printed side or some such.

Also, why is this not to be released in the UK? That's odd 'we usually get all that crap' ;) Lv x

im sure it will be release in the UK, in less the hits one is for the uk insted.

i did look on hmv for the collection one and it isnt on there yet, only the hits is on there.

won't be released in UK, The Hits will be the CD set to support the gigs there.
BUT, The Box set will be easily available on import.

michael jackson The Hits

I have just pre-ordered The Hits but how many of you are going to buy it? because,I saw a thread on here about him re-releasing all his albums and it didn't look good from the fans,so who is going to buy The Hits

Re: michael jackson The Hits

depends on the price and what exactly will be in there. i have still no idewa actually lol
but i tend to not buying it..finally i have everything..

Re: michael jackson The Hits

I think he just made that to fulfill his deal with Sony company or whoever he has deal .... i heard something about it , that he isnt happy with them

I think I will be buying this.

I will wait till the price is nice and then buy it for my collection.

They should price these hits packages at a reasonable price as it is stuff everyone has and it's one of several compilations....

But am sure it'll be like £13ish... they prob think people who don't have any will think it's a bargain to have all the hits.

Lv x

They do this because they know many will buy it. And with the hype over the O2 concerts, I guess it will sell fairly well.

Abba is not SONY, Abba is Polydor / Universal, and yes they released 2 different boxsets. One with all singles (like Japan does with T25 singles) and one with all albums.

I know, I have Abba albums... I was just saying that there are other box sets of this nature packaged in thin cardboard vinyl like CD discs available period. And that there are other artists on MJ's label that have similar packages. I didn't realise I had to be that clear about everything... Less of the arrogance please! My god.

Lv x

I wonder how many people there are in the world who don't already have Beat It, Billie Jean and Thriller on some record.

will the bad version contain the original first recordings, like for example the spokeen intro on IJCSLY?

Back