"The collection" - released 29th June. (5 album set)

Is this the third thread with a new Album coming thing ? Three new albums within one year without new songs?

WHY isn't HIStory disc 2 in this?? - It's such a great album.

WHY isn't HIStory disc 2 in this?? - It's such a great album.

At least they didn't overlook Invincible. But I agree, History should have been included. Some of Michael's best songs are on that album :yes:

Or maybe this is Michael finished up his deal, so he can sign with another label for his new album?

Well, Bart, Michael's been a free agent since December 2002. He created a new label with Opus Media/ToolBox who also paid him approximately $3million. The two parties mutually terminated the contract in May 2005 - a month before Michael's acquittal.

The label was Neverland Records to which Michael had the aim of signing major artists to. Not quite the same idea he had for MJJ Productions and unknowns.

The next label Michael was signed to was 2Seas Records. If Michael's contract with Sony didn't expire in 2002, he would've been sued by Sony Music for switching to the two labels mentioned here.

Releases like this are done with Michael's knowledge and he profits from them as well.

Okay why isnt BOTDF and HISTORY In there?

I mean it cant be a "collection" without all his albums...that just werid :lol:

“The Collection” is not really a suitable name for this small box set, they have overlooked “HiStory” which is a great albums! Including “Blood On The Dance Floor – History In The Mix”, I can’t accept this to be called a “Collection” it is a missing collection… But I know I will buy it! ;)

the visuals :

jackson_the_collection.jpg

source: Sony Music / MJ data bank

i really this like whole...messy painting theme going on at the moment, with them using it for This Is It and King of Pop, it's good...gets my thumbs up!

However, another compilation, again forgetting one or more albums exist...it's really not on. i think this might be the first album I don't buy to go into my collection...having said that though, my collection isn't complete without them haha

Ah damn sony! They know how to make their money!

Michael Owns Sony one or 2 albums ... After that he is on his own ! I guess that is why he makes this album to fulfill the quote ...after that new album is coming!

buy it - dont buy it
stop complaining
new tour
new music
all this summer !!

we shud b thankful

peace :angel:

i always bitch but i buy them lol. its not like i open em tho lol. they already jipped me with E3.0 claimin 2have the long version of lady in my life, now they are missing 2entire records. smh dipshits. oh well another thing 2add

O M G !!

A Compilation !! :wild: I have been waiting for this for EVER !! OH MY GOD !! Sony Music, I love you so much. You just do not know how much I have been needing something to go right in between The Ultimate Collection and the Visionary boxset. It looks so empty right there ... I tried putting the Hits there but it just doesn't look right. At one point I used the Thriller 25th anniversary edition... didn't cut it though ... then I tried the collection of #1's ... they really needed a collectors case, for the peeps that bought all the different covers. that would have made a much better visual statement on the shelf. then i tried putting HIStory and the Hits together in the middle but it just was not the right combo.

You have answered my prayers by releasing this for me to purchase ... I cannot thank the brilliant executives for this move. who would have thought to make this an annual event !! BRAVO SONY MUSIC .... BRAVO !!

O M G !!

A Compilation !! :wild: I have been waiting for this for EVER !! OH MY GOD !! Sony Music, I love you so much. You just do not know how much I have been needing something to go right in between The Ultimate Collection and the Visionary boxset. It looks so empty right there ... I tried putting the Hits there but it just doesn't look right. At one point I used the Thriller 25th anniversary edition... didn't cut it though ... then I tried the collection of #1's ... they really needed a collectors case, for the peeps that bought all the different covers. that would have made a much better visual statement on the shelf. then i tried putting HIStory and the Hits together in the middle but it just was not the right combo.

You have answered my prayers by releasing this for me to purchase ... I cannot thank the brilliant executives for this move. who would have thought to make this an annual event !! BRAVO SONY MUSIC .... BRAVO !!

:rofl:

O M G !!

:rofl: :rofl: too funny! lmao! :p

Not every person is a michael jackson fan.

to most of us we are not interested because we are fans, we have all of the cds.

but there are people who are not fans, dont have the cds, and think he is good.

so its not boring and pathetic.

and some people we love it.

i have recentley converted my best friend into a michael jackson fan and shes really wants all the cds. all she has is king of pop. and she wants the others so im sure she will get it.

what ?? I am excited ... didn't you see my post above ??

YEAH YEAH Sony Music is GENIUS !! :sarmoti:

Surely this will be just the 4 remasters plus Invincible in a slipcase or some such? Like the slipcase sets of 2 of the albums. They look to be in 'Vinyl' look cases.

I wouldn't expect BOTDF but it is a shame HIStory isn't there, it's like Sony can't even be bothered to google Michael Jackson and find out his studio albums;) Or actually just consult his website. Ah well.

I agree, I would definately buy a single disc of History if they released that! That would actually be welcome... it'd go with Greatest Hits Vol.1;) lol.

I know i'll buy this along with 'The Hits' too, the shame but ah well. We have the right to complain about it though seeing as were to spend the £££'s on it! ;) Oh dear. I can't see it being more than £15 - £20. Lv x

Last edited:
O M G !!

what ?? I am excited ... didn't you see my post above ??

YEAH YEAH Sony Music is GENIUS !! :sarmoti:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I can't take it, lol

http://www.mjdatabank.com/news/2009/mai/20090527_mj_the_collection.htm

TRACKLISTING :

Off The Wall (*)

Don't stop 'til you get enough
Rock with you
Workin' day and night
Get on the floor
Off the wall
Girlfriend
She's out of my life
I can't help it
It's the falling in love
Burn this disco out
Voice over Intro Quincy Jones
Voice over intro "Don't stop 'til you get enough"
Don't stop 'til you get enough
Quincy Jones interview
Voice over Intro "Workin' day and night"
Workin' day and night
Quincy Jones interview
Voice over Intro Rod Temperton Interview
Voice over Intro Quincy Jones Interview

Thriller (**)
Wanna be startin' somethin'
Baby be mine
The girl is mine
Thriller
Beat it
Billie Jean
Human nature
P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)
The lady in my life

Bad (*)
Bad
The way you make me feel
Speed demon
Liberian girl
Just good friends
Another part of me
Man in the mirror
I just can't stop loving you
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal (radio edit)
Leave me alone
Streetwalker
Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (I just can't stop loving you)
Quincy Jones Interview
Voice-over Intro "Fly away"
Fly away

Dangerous (**)
Jam
Why you wanna trip on me
In the Closet
She drives me wild
Remember the time
Can’t let her get away
Heal the world
Black or white
Who is it
Give in to me
Will you be there
Keep the faith
Gone too soon
Dangerous

Invincible
Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Invincible
Break of dawn
Heaven can wait
You rock my world
Butterflies
Speechless
2000 watts
You are my life
Privacy
Don't walk away
Cry
The lost children
Whatever happens
Threatened

(*) : 2001 edition
(**) : classic edition

Stay tuned...

Sony Music / MJ data bank

whats even better is the fact that we dont even get some extra demos or anything, we just get what we already bought years ago.

How good is that ?

O M G !!

LMAO! Thank you! You said it for me. Why would we want a new album of NEW songs or even a collection of UNRELEASED songs? (Sony, come on, listen to the FANS!)

But we can still think it's boring and pathetic :)

That's right. Let there be freedom of speech. It is the heart of freedom and democracy.

As for collectors, don't get upset with frustration. Sony has released nearly a hundred of these re-re-re-re-re-releases. However, in the end, they may be the one's laughing all the way to the bank!

Back