Teddy Riley.......My Verdict!!! He was no good!!!

Was Teddy Riley actually good for Michael??? Is he any good??? I dont think so in some senses, lets take a look at Dangerous.....

Jam
Can't Let Her Get Away
In The Closet
She Drives Me Wild
Remember The Time
Can't Let Her Get Away
Dangerous

Now the above songs were either never released or did not chart so well, they all have a dated sound to them, what did he actually do?????????? Listen to bad, thriller and off the wall alot of the songs still sound fresh, but these tracks from dangerous sound old and are very rarely played in radios or clubs! I am saying Riley was a bad choice, his new jack sound never took off and dangerous was a casualty, so much more could have come from them songs :punk:

Hell no.. Dangerous was Michael most creative and in my opinion most outstanding album ever. It even sounds fresh and innovative today!! Take a good listen to it!

it was a good match for the time period. MJ did his thing with New jack swing as the dominant sound of the time. Remember the time is timeless IMO. there tracks were cool and cracking.

now Teddy ain't much of a writer but it was all about grooves and beats and it worked like a charm.

now on the real NEw Jack swing was basic and dime a dozen but when it worked it was popcorn to the ears on the Sho Nuff.

Dangerous is my favorite album of Michael I can listen to it without skipping...and it covers almost every genre of Music...and Teddy was great for Mike....maybe he's not so great to work with now...but he's was great for Dangerous

IMO, Teddy Riley is the best thing that has happened to Michael Jackson since Quincy Jones.
People seem to forget that he also did amazing songs for Michael on the "BOTDF" and Invincible albums.

it covers almost every genre of Music
Funny, I didn't hear any bluegrass, new wave, thrash, barbershop, doo wop, punk rock, jazz, ragtime, disco, waltz, salsa, tejano, house, freestyle, electronic, blues, reggae, big band, folk, psychedelic, etc. on this album. :p

Last edited:
Back