Take That BEAT michael!

Take that are so overated without Robbie. They will never steal mIkes crown

This thread is really starting to pee me off. There are so many things to address.

This comment I just quoted.......wtf!? Who ever said they were going to steal Michaels crown?

Jesus.........
Take That are crap their songs are boring

In your opinion, but again....there are millions of people that will disagree with you.
You sound like a god damn 12 year old grow up!

Prince has nothing to do with them, pleaseeeee! Don't level them up equally to him. Well, you know that today's music is crap compared to the music a few years back or even 20 years back. They will do their thing I'm sure about that. One of my closest friends is a die hard fan of them and I know what they have done through the years even though I don't pay attention myself. I have no personal feelings about them and I don't care whether they are good or bad. My complaint was that some people take them to be equal to monsters of the music industry, that's all. It's my opinion and I won't apologize for it. There are legends, brilliant musicians and bands and good musicians and bands. We have to separate everyone according to it's achievements and long time contribution.

Oh gosh...where to start with you?
Firstly.....I was using Prince as an example of someone I dont particularly like but can appreciate how good hey are! The way you replied to that sickened me. Of course you had to take it that I was comparing them to Prince........

Nobody ever claimed they were equal to monsters of the music industry. Ill set you a challenge to search through this thread and find one person who has said anything that suggests that. I think your own mind conjured that up.

I never realised until this thread how fans can be.
This thread is full of small minded, immature, and own opinion based comments that I thought you cold only hear in a local school.

A lot of you guys would shrivel up and die in a debate.

No thats what you call an opinion love, and there are some people on here that act like two year olds every god dam day.

And i hate Take That so freaking what

And if you love them so much go to a take that board

No thats what you call an opinion love, and there are some people on here that act like two year olds every god dam day.

And i hate Take That so freaking what

And if you love them so much go to a take that board

No.......you said there songs were boring claiming it as FACT. A better way to say it would be ' In my opinion, there songs are boring'. What you did was state it as fact :D ;)

Also it this is related to Michael Jackson, and this is a Michael Jackson board..........so what your saying is, if i love Take That then I shouldnt reply........:)

Come back with more thought out and constructive arguement/ response.

No one says "In my opinion" in real life discussions, everyone knows that anything coming from their mouth is just that without having to ask. It shouldn't be any different on a discussion forum. It seems people harp on that minuet detail as a means of side stepping the actual discussion all the time. But whatever.

Hardly anyone even dissed this group. Most people just said "It's cause of the internet", and it is.

Some fans just look for an arguement, i'm here because i care about Michael nothing else

No one says "In my opinion" in real life discussions, everyone knows that anything coming from their mouth is just that without having to ask. It shouldn't be any different on a discussion forum. It seems people harp on that minuet detail as a means of side stepping the actual discussion all the time. But whatever.

Hardly anyone even dissed this group. Most people just said "It's cause of the internet", and it is.

I said 'a better way of saying it' would be to say that. Not, 'this is what you should say' On a different note I here people say it all the time. I am on a music course in college and it is especially taught tha things should be stated as opinion rather than fact in the area of music. If anyone in my class states their opinion, they allways say either. 'In my opinon' or 'thats whats I think anyway'

The way she said it was as i she was stating it as fact. Also I didnt pick up on a minor detail, she said ' Thats an opinion love'. It was an opinion, but stated in way as a fact.........all I did was respond to what she said :)

Also, I am targetting the two people THAT have dissed the group. It wouldnt make sense if I was talking about everyone in general when the vast majority of people HAVE not dissed the group ;)

Some fans just look for an arguement, i'm here because i care about Michael nothing else

If that is aimed at me, then all I have done is looked at what you and others have said and I have not agreed with it, and posted what I think about what you said and said what i think. Thats what you do on a discussion forum ;)

Also that is why most fans are here. We are all Michael Jackson fans.

Well not you specifically, but a few people here have made sweeping generalizations about the reactions in this thread, speaking as though everyone was insutling the group, when the vast majroity has not.

I just always figure that when somebody says something, that it's assumed and known it is an opinion unless they say "this is a fact". I rarely say in my opinion, but everybody knows it's just that. It distracts from the issue, is all I'm saying, when we harp on a minor detail such as that.

Well not you specifically, but a few people here have made sweeping generalizations about the reactions in this thread, speaking as though everyone was insutling the group, when the vast majroity has not.

I just always figure that when somebody says something, that it's assumed and known it is an opinion unless they say "this is a fact". I rarely say in my opinion, but everybody knows it's just that. It distracts from the issue, is all I'm saying, when we harp on a minor detail such as that.

Yer I agree with you, but however on this occassion I was simply replying to what she said.

I suppose im just different from you then. Well it depends how someone says something, but to me sometimes when people say things like that, its like. Oh they are crap because I dont like them. Stating it as fact.

Well I agree with that. I don't like it when people state things without backing it up or giving factual reasons for why they feel that way. I can understand how it becomes difficult to know what someone means over a discussion forum because you can't hear their tone as well. I guess to me I just always assume it's their opinion and they know it. But I understand what you mean as well.

Most of the things that people write in these threads (unless it's backed by fact) is their own opinion. We shouldn't argue about that, because it's obvious that it's their opinion.

People can have their reasons not to like a music group, and they can say so, as long as it's not bashing...

So how about we just be nice?!?!??? :)

Just give the guys credit for what they achieved without turning into sour grapes. I'm sure Michael can beat their record. But then he has to come out of his disguises and hiding, and hit the road. Until he releases stuff, and hits the road, his excisting records will be broken. Not that those records itself have anything but statistic value, because Michaels legacy is much stronger than just numbers.

They ain't being broken very fast, lol.

I think, actually I'm sure that if and when Michael goes on tour again, with the internet in place, he'll break his own records ten fold. Things sell so much more quickly and in larger quanitity these days because of the internet and it's convinience. Back in the late 80s through the late 90s, you had to do this over the telephone or in person at the counter, and over the phone, the lines constantly get busy, you can't get through, and doing anything in person takes even more effort and time.

Most of the things that people write in these threads (unless it's backed by fact) is their own opinion. We shouldn't argue about that, because it's obvious that it's their opinion.

People can have their reasons not to like a music group, and they can say so, as long as it's not bashing...

So how about we just be nice?!?!??? :)

Because people wanna fight. :lol:

Good for them, but when they sell as many albums as MJ has sold - WORLDWIDE - then maybe I'll care. LOL!

P.S. I don't even know who this band is, that's ANOTHER problem.

Two great points that I agree with 110%. :clapping:

if i had to choose between the bad tour and the tour that any artist will make in the next 100 years i`d choose the bad tour.
We are talking about the graetest artist in his greatest moments,

For a start people bashing take that need to first find out who they are!!!!!

lukiddabean has pointed out alot of take thats success, and for people calling them a boyband are way off the mark! They even took fun out of how boy bands are manufactured on there comeback tour. Robbie williams became a great success and so did Gary Barlow with his songwriting skills he has worked with a host of people including Elton John, Atomic Kitten, Donny Osmond, Lara Fabian and Christina Aguilera.

Also I have alot of respect for him, for saying to Simon Cowell on stage at the x-factor finals to not just use the hype surrounding the program to quickly make Leona Lewis' new album to make a quick buck but to work with her because she was a great talent! it took almost a year to produce her album, that rarely or never happens for the winner of such shows

Also on the point about them breaking MJ's record, why blame the internet? sure it might have helped but what about all the other artists in the last 5 - 10 years who's tickets were on sale on the net? If people want the tickets they will get them, its just easy for people to say stuff like that....."its the internet" LOL

Maybe if people were to look into things they might notice that Take that are doing almost twice as many shows than mike did in 1988 plus the fact that the new wembley stadium can hold a larger capacity!

And another note Michael probably WONT EVER BEAT THEIR RECORD just face it, its one record, I dont think Michael will mind, Again its easy to say stuff but look into it first :)

Last edited:
Really? Why? If he broke it once before, he can break it again.

Bad Tour - 11 U.K Dates
Dangerous Tour - 8 U.K Dates
HIStory Tour - 4 U.K Dates

Someone seeing what I see ^^^

He would need to do Seven shows at wembley stadium to make up for Take Thats 600,000 and even then he need to completely sell out in Five Hours!

Or He would need to do 20 shows at the O2 Arena!!!!

Michael probably wont do shows all over the U.K, especially not smaller arena's & stadiums, while take that are, they have the numbers on their favour ;)

Plus anyone else want to know about take that, they have had 11 U.K number ones, Michael has had 7 :)

At the end, do records and statistics matter? I mean, COME ON... I'm not gonna be mad because some other artist broke MJ's record. Like some have said, records are meant to be broken. Just remember who did it FIRST and be alright with it. Doggone it. :lol:

I cant see anyone that is on the music scene as off now who could out sell Take That in the UK.

Michael could, but he isnt on the scene right now :)

Bad Tour - 11 U.K Dates
Dangerous Tour - 8 U.K Dates
HIStory Tour - 4 U.K Dates

Someone seeing what I see ^^^

He would need to do Seven shows at wembley stadium to make up for Take Thats 600,000 and even then he need to completely sell out in Five Hours!

Or He would need to do 20 shows at the O2 Arena!!!!

Michael probably wont do shows all over the U.K, especially not smaller arena's & stadiums, while take that are, they have the numbers on their favour ;)

Plus anyone else want to know about take that, they have had 11 U.K number ones, Michael has had 7 :)

Michael could sell Wembley out 7 times. Just because he had fewer dates on following tours doesn't mean he didn't any longer have the drawing power. You're crazy if you think Michael, with the internet, couldn't sell 600,000 tickets in the UK within a five hour period. If all dates were announced, he would do it I assure you.

And Mariah Carey has had more career number ones then Michael, but that doesn't mean she's more popular, not by a long shot.

Last edited:
Re: Take That BEAT michael! [About Britney Spears' CD]

Ok... so WHAT about Britney Spears??? :rofl: Her CD went over 500,000 copies in the first week, and her cd is number 1, is that what anyone wanted to know.

What does this have to do with Britney?

Well no Timmy, the records don't matter that much, lol. I'm just making a point that it's highly probable that Michael could break this record again. Anyone who says that the internet doesn't have a major impact on this type of stuff is in denial. Obviously it does. The rate by which purchases are made and then processed is markedly increased. It's simply a testiment to Michael's incredible popularity that this record stood for 20 years even with the internet for roughtly the last 9 years or so. Michael could break the record again with ease I believe. I believe he could break all of his records with ease save for album sales, and of course, the internet factors in to that as well. People have to realize the impact that technological advances have on these sorts of things. Transaction time, processing time, convinience, etc... It all factors in big time.

Last edited:
They have the advantage of the internet though. When the "Bad" tour was happening, it was either over the phone or in person that you had to purchase tickets. If and when Michael goes on tour again, he'll break his own records 10 fold, you can believe that.

Pretty much sums it up.

I don't see the big fuss.

You know how they can factor in inflation for sales of certain things? If they could do that with time.. like, factor what the sales would have been had their been no internet or fewer box offices or whatever, I bet MJ actually still sold out faster.

relativity is succhhh a big factor here.
all i can say is, the last record i have of MJ doing a concert with the internet involved, is MSG. and within five seconds of the announcement of the two shows, back in 01, the computers crashed. that's less than 5 seconds i'm talking about. and that includes tickets that cost upwards of more than five thousand dollars, american.

Back