Take That BEAT michael!

There is a difference between selling at a fastest rate and outselling some one. as far as I know, they have not outsold Michael, they have beaten his fastest selling record. there is a difference.

^ oh yes, I like that song @ Foxy :D I liked it when they sang it with Leona as well :)

Take That are good. But obviously Michael will smash that record if he announced a tour lol.

Please Michael please, do another world tour to remind folks you are the world's best entertainer!

Take That are brilliant, I saw a live show and it is full of effects etc. so I can understand the figures, but it took 20 years for someone to beat Michael's record, and if he did decide to do a concert,or tour he would set another unbeatable record.

I'm not too sure what the obsession with Take That is either! LOL....people must be REALLY starved for decent music...they had quite a number of decent tunes and I vaguely remember the hullabaloo that ensued when they announced they were disbanding/splitting. Is robbie williams joing them...if not Im well impressed...LOL ! No big deal...times have changed....

Take That have matured very much since their first time around, they seem nice guys and down too earth
Good on them breaking a new record, even if it does sacrifice Michaels...
This doesnt in anyway shape or form mean that Michael is down and out!
I don't ever understand why people take these things personally and need to express hate and disgust with other artists and bands. Because at the end of it, if their fans or band or artist ever say anything bad about Michael then its always the end of the world.

Michael is not in the group, hence the downtalking.

The group indeed matured a lot. They make real music, Gary Barlow is a great songwriter and during their performances they work their assess off. And they've been around since the early nineties, so I don't know where the comment 'it won't last long' comes from.

Credit where credit is due I would say

About the record:

Michael will be BACK FOR GOOD!! :lol:

I've also lived in the US and can see sometimes there seems to be a "bubble" mentality here..
being that if an artist isn't big in the US then they can't be big anywhere else...

its like calling it the World Series for the baseball finals when only US teams are playing..

anyways, how ever way you slice it.. Take That's success is also Michael's success

hdr_news.gif

Take That #1!

resize_image.php

Following on from the success of the #1 single "Patience", Sony/ATV writer Gary Barlow's band Take That have hit the #1 spot again with the single "Shine", from their #1 album Beautiful World.

www.takethattv.com

Nobody's hating on them, just saying that they had the advantage of the internet and if Michael decides to tour, since he's never had the advantage of the internet and still holds the records for the highest grossing tours, then in all liklyhood, he'll break those same records by a lot.

well Michael has wasted alot of years letting low lifes take advatage of him, he could have been breaking more records, instead people like that and Madonna are running with it

All these boys are not to be compared with Legends of Music such as Michael or any other artist similar. Don't insult the Legends by comparing them with "boys" that come and go please. Boybands and girlbands come and go throughout the years but Michael and other worthy true artists will continue to exist after our own death through their music and genius!

Last edited:
All these boys are not to be compared with Legends of Music such as Michael or any other artist similar. Don't insult the Legends by comparing them with "boys" that come and go please. Boybands and girlbands come and go throughout the years but Michael and other worthy true artists will continue to exist after our own death through their music and genius!

Take That have been around since the early 90's.................

That's hardly come and go. So I gather from that statement that you hardly know anything about them. Another thing is that there hardly a boy band anymore........I wouldnt even call them a boy band :)

I find it funny that fans come out with stuff like that........and these are the same people who argue that people judge Michael Jackson hardly knowing anything about him. Funny isnt it?

Go and do some research before you go around talking about things you dont even know about.

Take That have been around since the early 90's.................

That's hardly come and go. So I gather from that statement that you hardly know anything about them. Another thing is that there hardly a boy band anymore........I wouldnt even call them a boy band :)

I find it funny that fans come out with stuff like that........and these are the same people who argue that people judge Michael Jackson hardly knowing anything about him. Funny isnt it?

Go and do some research before you go around talking about things you dont even know about.

Also where do you get off calling them a nobody group!? They just broke your favourite singers ticket sales record for the Bad tour, yer BIG nobodys.

You havent got a clue what your talking about dude.........or your just threatened because they broke one of Michaels records. Jeez

Michael Jackson was in J5 and the Jacksons!

J5 had five male members, so did Take That!

I'm just trying to provoke a bit! :lol:

Before I begin, do not tell me what I can and cant do.. I could compare Michael to anyone I wanted if I had the theoretical knowledge to do so. Anyhow, I wasn't comparing Michael to them, so don't put words into my mouth either.

This isnt a boyband as you see it in the contemporary music business, they have lasted longer than 5 minutes, outlasting the backstreet boys and most other Americanised teeny-bopper groomed groups. Take That were probably the biggest group of the 1990's, and I was not a fan at the time, I wasn't really old enough to appreciate music to the level I do today. However, since Gary Barlow went solo (who is someone extremely highly regarded in the music industry for his musical ability and songwriting skills) and their reformation in 2005, Take That are a completely new band, creating top class music that hands down beats the majority of music out there for the moment. Therefore, until Mike wants to come back and release something, tour, whatever, they are worthy holders of this new record, not you or anyone can come here and critisize my viewpoint on that. If a band is big enough to outsell Michael, they need to be given Kudos NOT Krapos.

(Just to reliterate, I know Mike can sell more, because of internet bla bla, I cited that in a post in a thread about this months ago, but whatever)

They have the advantage of the internet though. When the "Bad" tour was happening, it was either over the phone or in person that you had to purchase tickets. If and when Michael goes on tour again, he'll break his own records 10 fold, you can believe that.
yeah..usually when reporters take the trouble to say that someone beat MJ at something, it's usually done in a relative way that would be obliterated by an open even playing field. that's why they go to the trouble to mention it, cus, in reality, it isn't true. lol..and the envy continues to ensue.

Before I begin, do not tell me what I can and cant do.. I could compare Michael to anyone I wanted if I had the theoretical knowledge to do so. Anyhow, I wasn't comparing Michael to them, so don't put words into my mouth either.

This isnt a boyband as you see it in the contemporary music business, they have lasted longer than 5 minutes, outlasting the backstreet boys and most other Americanised teeny-bopper groomed groups. Take That were probably the biggest group of the 1990's, and I was not a fan at the time, I wasn't really old enough to appreciate music to the level I do today. However, since Gary Barlow went solo (who is someone extremely highly regarded in the music industry for his musical ability and songwriting skills) and their reformation in 2005, Take That are a completely new band, creating top class music that hands down beats the majority of music out there for the moment. Therefore, until Mike wants to come back and release something, tour, whatever, they are worthy holders of this new record, not you or anyone can come here and critisize my viewpoint on that. If a band is big enough to outsell Michael, they need to be given Kudos NOT Krapos.

(Just to reliterate, I know Mike can sell more, because of internet bla bla, I cited that in a post in a thread about this months ago, but whatever)

James, you know I comepletely agree with you!

Anyway, people were hardly comparing Michael to Take That, it's a complete different kettle of fish!

But, in their own right, Take That are an extremely successful and loved band, probably just in the UK, but still!

But to be fair, it's like that on all fan message boards. But I agree it is funny watching the hypocrisy.

I have honestly never heard of this group before, but congrats to them. That's impressive.

I know Take That since the day they popped up...I'm a 90s teenager you know...I believe that it's just a hype comeback they will disappear again. I don't care about them and I never will! Everyone's opinion is respected here I was talking generally not personally to someone in here. I know more about music than you can imagine trust me...

I know Take That since the day they popped up...I'm a 90s teenager you know...I believe that it's just a hype comeback they will disappear again. I don't care about them and I never will! Everyone's opinion is respected here I was talking generally not personally to someone in here. I know more about music than you can imagine trust me...

Well I have yet to see evidence that you know a lot about music.

Oh yer........there comeback that happened, 3 years ago now?:O They sure are taking there time dissapearing eh?

The statement you made saying'I dont care about them and never will' leads me to believe that flat out just dont like them and that is playing a part in why you just wont give them any credit.

Part of being an adult is outting your personal feelings aside and try and recognise that someone is good whether you like them or not. For example, Prince. I dont like him really and he does nothing for me however I can still recognise that he is ana amzing talent and a legend....and he has a massive fan base all over the world. You may not like them but there are millions of people who will disagree with you im sure......and there is a reason for that which you cant seem to see. THEY ARE BRLLIANT.

Prince has nothing to do with them, pleaseeeee! Don't level them up equally to him. Well, you know that today's music is crap compared to the music a few years back or even 20 years back. They will do their thing I'm sure about that. One of my closest friends is a die hard fan of them and I know what they have done through the years even though I don't pay attention myself. I have no personal feelings about them and I don't care whether they are good or bad. My complaint was that some people take them to be equal to monsters of the music industry, that's all. It's my opinion and I won't apologize for it. There are legends, brilliant musicians and bands and good musicians and bands. We have to separate everyone according to it's achievements and long time contribution.

Prince has nothing to do with them, pleaseeeee! Don't level them up equally to him. Well, you know that today's music is crap compared to the music a few years back or even 20 years back. They will do their thing I'm sure about that. One of my closest friends is a die hard fan of them and I know what they have done through the years even though I don't pay attention myself. I have no personal feelings about them and I don't care whether they are good or bad. My complaint was that some people take them to be equal to monsters of the music industry, that's all. It's my opinion and I won't apologize for it. There are legends, brilliant musicians and bands and good musicians and bands. We have to separate everyone according to it's achievements and long time contribution.

they will never equal a legend and those types of bands are only in it for the money.

Take that are so overated without Robbie. They will never steal mIkes crown

LOL. Take That! They (5 members - including Robbie Williams) had quite a list of top tunes and a number of them went to number one in the UK, check - Babe, Back For Good, Pray etc etc...Actually I can't remember any others.

Glad their reunion concert is selling well....this is always the case, Michael is always the bar or line of threshold and its always quite a feat to beat anything of Michael's!!

Back