Take That BEAT michael!

mods delete if already posted.

The Circus has become fastest-selling album of the year and the band sold around 600,000 tickets for their 2009 summer tour in under five hours, breaking the record set by Michael Jackson's Bad tour in 1987.

Good for them, but when they sell as many albums as MJ has sold - WORLDWIDE - then maybe I'll care. LOL!

P.S. I don't even know who this band is, that's ANOTHER problem.

They have the advantage of the internet though. When the "Bad" tour was happening, it was either over the phone or in person that you had to purchase tickets. If and when Michael goes on tour again, he'll break his own records 10 fold, you can believe that.

It makes me a little sad, even tho' I know that Michael is, and will always be the greatest. It's just, I don't even know who Take That is, what songs they have made, or anything... other than that they are a group consisting of some boys, inc. with Robbie Williams.. Just wait until Michael goes on tour, it will become bigger ... bigger than anything! :)

I bet that 90% of those tickets were got over the internet, and the rest by phone

When Mj was touring in the 80's it was phone or going to the ticket office

Take That have a huge following...in certain parts of the world, with certain people.

Unlike Michael...he has a huge following across the board! Old(er), young, of nationalities i'd never heard of until i became a fan! I wouldn't worry that they've beaten that record...means nothing in the long run!

It would really bother me if it was anyone else.

But Take That are utterly brilliant :) love them, even though I love Michael more.

If anyone was going to do it im glad it was them :D

If Michael creates a new album and then goes on tour, he will smash records for ticket sales. To be honest, I don't even think a new album would even be necessary to break any ticket sales records. I truly believe this.

Im glad Take That beat the record, now Michael will just have to beat them next year!!

They have the advantage of the internet though. When the "Bad" tour was happening, it was either over the phone or in person that you had to purchase tickets. If and when Michael goes on tour again, he'll break his own records 10 fold, you can believe that.

Reading these words made me super eager to an MJ tour :wild:
God... I hope a tour is more reality than it is a dream/fantasy...:angel:

Never heard of them. BUT they have the internet advantage whereas Michael never did (with exception of MAYBE MSG??). If Michael tours again he'll have no problem selling tickets extremely quickly.

Yeah talk to me about ticket sales records after MJ announces a UK tour - wannabe hit it on the head, it's going to be insane.

I don't know what this obsession is with Take That in the UK, I only know one song, part of me is thrilled for them to have all this success but then another side of me just thinks the industry is in such a bad bad way globally.

yeh i never thought about the internet thing... and take that have a HUUUGE fan base.

As said many times already. INTERNET is what made this possible!

Would be nice if MJ breaks this record with his next tour.

Good for them, but when they sell as many albums as MJ has sold - WORLDWIDE - then maybe I'll care. LOL!

I agree. I'll give credit where it is due. I like a few of Take That's songs. They can have their moment of glory. They worked for it. But when Michael does come back, things are sure to be different.

mods delete if already posted.

The Circus has become fastest-selling album of the year and the band sold around 600,000 tickets for their 2009 summer tour in under five hours, breaking the record set by Michael Jackson's Bad tour in 1987. :(:(

source: http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/music/news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=11872521&GT1=61501&ocid=today

that is great for Michael...

Take That is signed to Sony/ATV UK: http://www.sonyatv.com/en-uk/ so

resize_image.php

Take That
The Circus

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

Britannia High
Britannia High

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

Alesha Dixon
The Alesha Show

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

N-Dubz
Uncle B

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

Oasis
Dig Out Your Soul

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

Will Young
Let It Go

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

James Morrison
Songs For You, Truths For Me

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

Travis
Ode To J.Smith

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

British Sea Power
Do You Like Rock Music?

sep_template_feat.gif

resize_image.php

Sara Bareilles
Little Voice

sep_template_feat.gif

sb2_up_roll.gif

sb2_up.gif

sb2_bubble_center.gif

sb2_down_roll.gif

sb2_down.gif

Good for them, there doing well, honestly though, if Mike were to announce dates at Wembley next year, he would break his previous recocord, and Take Thats in my opinion.

Kudos to Take That. They made a brilliant comeback with a great album. Didn't hear their latest yet, but they are hard workers, put on a good show on the road. So it's well deserved.

I sense there are many people who don't know the band. And without going too far back in time, this is a song from their previous album:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Q7HBvM4lM

i liked there last album and they are doing very well yet again. Its taken a l-o-n-g time for someone to beat Michaels record lol

Take That are possibly the biggest boyband of all time :)

They were first around in the early and mid 1990's with five members.

Then in 1995 Robbie Williams left and became a massive star in his own right although he is most probably not that well known in America....although he was recently living there, not sure if he still does.

The whole group split up in 1996, counseling hotlines where made for teenage girls who wanted to commit suicide. THATS how big they were.

They got back together as a four back in 2005, went on a reunion tour and then brought out a new album! The went on tour again and now they have a brand new album out :)

They have made a MASSIVE comeback, highly succesful and are massively popular still today in their later 30's.

They make great music, everyone who doesnt know them should buy their 'Beautiful World' Album. One of my most favourite albums of all time. Oh and listen to all their old hits.

thing is though...the tour isn't even sold out yet!

but i absolutely love take that, so at least it was someone decent to beat the record!

and im sure when mj tours again, having internet etc, he will get his record back again!

Take That is a nobody group...give me a break! Next...

Sorry? If anything, Gary Barlow is one of the greatest songwriters from the UK to have ever come to light.. A nobody band that has now outsold Michael.. (albeit with the use of the internet).. Hmmmm..

At least they make good music and aren't your Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, High School Musical type group.. they create some decent stuff!

Gary wrote this at the age of 15 so you cant deny his talent.. although the song is now abit dated, it still sounds wonderful. Probably my favourite Take That song.

Last edited:
It will be short lived.

Mike will beat them a million times faster in ticket sales.

Though Take That are very good.

Back