Supporting act?! [All related threads Merged]

Re: The Saturdays are supporting act?!

That's a good point, Michael liked Signature and there were rumours that he told them that they could be a support act IF he toured again...of course this is probably bo****ks but he could end up having some re-hashed version of himself as his support i guess. Doubt it somehow though.

who are they? and im been seerious. look if u can sit through the world music awards and those bizare acts like that guy from russia then u can cope with anything lol who remembers the good ole days of grace at wembley stadium (the group not the nanny lol) how many times did she nearly fall out of her top lol

I actually find this thread quite unrealistic to be honest, first of who cares about a support act? surely you should of spend your money to soley see Michael preform! secondly don't expect any well known and worldwide artists to preform because the dearest ticket being £75 i was highly impressed Michael would turn up let alone preform! I make that statement on the bases of other artists price bands in the past. And thirdly stop nagging and whinging about nothing !

I think he should have 'fan karaoke' before he came on...then i would have a sneak around backstage when no-one was looking :p

*whisper* Mikeeeey, where aareeee yooooou? ;)

Don't be stupid.

Im not, im being serious lol.

No one even knows who the fuck they are they probably dont even have thriller album at home let alone listened to it.

And the source is Digital Spy lol.

Jay Z is opening for Coldplay this summer, why is it beneath bigger acts to open up?

It just doesn't happen really. Jay-z is a huge exception. Is he opening up for them for every show?

I know...Johnny depp could support Mike! He can sing and play guitar (very, very well i might add!) Plus he's not a big name in the world of music!

...I wish! :p

Oh gosh The Saturdays?! Haha! They're actually on right now on my TV for Comic Relief night. I don't mind too much about the opening act anyway, it's ALL about MJ :D

Who cares about supporting acts anyway? Were only there to see michael

ive never really payed much attention to mikes supporting acts tbh...

but when i went to see him in wembley in '88 (bad tour), KIM WILDE was his supporting act and she was brilliant, she really got the crowd goin and her performance was great voice and presence.... :)

maybe i will do riverdance for you all... lol

prince and madonna...i think they rather compete with each other. and like others have said support acts are beginning a career. usually big acts may go on tour together but its equal bill..usually. but michael madonna and prince arent those types..they look competive.

maybe michael doesnt want anyone to compete with on stage...although hes michael jackson!!...but still in his mind.

are the Saturdays like the pussycat dolls? it kinda looks that way..

maybe michael only wants to look at pretty girls..;D

lucky girls.

there will be different supportings acts for different shows, there are a lot of shows so lots of different supporting acts. Heard that from an interview with the AEG man

I heard lady gaga will be supporting

Whoever said that Michael probably wants to look at "Pretty girls" erghh do be serious! They look like they're 12! I swear they're only like 15/16 anyway?

I don't think they desrve such a privelege tbh because they probs never even listened to thriller! :laugh:

I think Katy Perry would make an awesome awesome supporting act!

FYI, the youngest is 19 and the oldest is 27, I think through all your hate you unintentionally paid someone a compliment.

Craig David is awesome, but I doubt somehow that Michael would choose him...
I'd like to see The Script starting his show. They're fairly new and they ROCK!

This may just be a rumour but I just read on the Facebook group and also on another forum that The Saturdays are the bookie's favourite for supporting act?!

I'm going mad here because how on earth can someone so SPECTACULAR and ICONIC like MICHAEL JACKSON perform on stage with a group of girls who have only been around for a year, and are just generally shit?!?!?!?!

I mean.. COME ON, wouldn't you rather see someone like Prince or Madonna as supporting act?

Where the hell did the bookies get The Saturdays from?! :scared:

*ahem* Good luck with getting Prince or Madonna xD Sorry to sound like "ironic" but I don't ever think they would agree to only be the supporting act.

Janet or some of the other Jackson kids is more likely I think or some other popular artist of today. :)

I hope it's not the saturdays lol

How cool would it be if it were Janet :)

FYI, the youngest is 19 and the oldest is 27, I think through all your hate you unintentionally paid someone a compliment.

oh will you get a life lol, i bet you had to search through wiki for that information!

i don't care how old they are tbh, they're so bad at singing it hurts when i listen to them and they're such Girls Aloud wanabes, it's so embarassing. It's like Neyo in his closer video; so embarassing to watch because of his CRAPPY *attempts* at michael's dance moves; it's the same with the facking saturdays.

CHAS & DAVE for Support Act!!!!!! Ha HA

Chris Cornell! :)

Whats wrong with The Saturdays!?!!?!

Personally, I think Michael should open for them.

Lady Gaga.

Not a supporting act but I want to see Craig David on stage with Michael! Sing a duet of Human Nature! Anyone heard Craig David singing and acoustic version of Human Nature? Its amazing.
Please god NO! If Michael does human nature I want him to do it solo as it's one of my favourite live performances from michael. :wub:

The Saturdays are doing their own 17 night headling tour finishing on the 27th June. I would very much doubt they would go straight from that into supporting another tour.

I expect he will do what a lot of people do these days, just have a DJ warming up the crowd then he will come on about half seven. Have an interval, then have a second half.

SHANE RITCHIE TO WARM UP 02 FOR JACKSON

89385_1.jpg

Shane Ritchie will open shows

Sunday March 15,2009

COMEDIAN and former EastEnder Shane Ritchie is being lined up to act as the warm-up man for Michael Jackson’s string of concerts this summer.

A huge fan of the controversial superstar, Ritchie, 45, is said to have dined with Jackson while he was in London and in Los Angeles to discuss how he could make a contribution to the concerts.

Now it appears that Ritchie, who played lovable rogue Alfie Moon in EastEnders and is currently playing Archie Daley, the nephew of Arthur, in the revamped Minder series on Channel Five, will open the shows but without singing a note.

Richie is said to be working on a new-style act to get the crowds in the mood for Jackson’s stage performance.

The choice would be highly surprising as Jackson has the pick of the current crop of big-selling acts, from Razorlight to the Killers, from Lily Allen to Kate Nash, all clamouring for the warm-up role.

Jackson, 50, a fan of Fox TV’s smash-hit show Don’t Forget The Lyrics, had originally promised the slot to its host, the Emmy award-winning black American actor, singer and comedian Wayne Brady, who released his debut R & B album, A Long Time Coming, in the US late last year.

Jackson had planned a variation on the programme’s karaoke theme, in which fans from the 02 Arena audience would be invited on stage to perform Michael Jackson songs, and attempt to win prize money by filling in the missing lyrics.

But his promoters AEG Live pointed out that 36-year-old Brady is virtually unknown in Britain and would be unlikely to excite the crowds.

When one of his team then pointed out that Ritchie presents a British version of the show for Sky One, Jackson asked for tapes, liked Ritchie and the deal was all but done.

Ritchie has also appeared in the West End musicals Boogie Nights and Grease.

“I can’t confirm or deny that there’s a deal on the table”, said Ritchie’s
Phil Dale last night.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/89385/Shane-Ritchie-to-warm-up-02-for-Jackson

Back