Support thread for those ppl who don't listen to leaked songs

JMie

Guests
Long before the album was announced I decided that when there's one, I am going to go through the whole experience the old fashioned way. I'm gonna listen to officially released songs only in order of appearance on the radio and in stores and avoid all leaks. So far I've managed to keep this promise and didn't listen to anything except "Breaking News". I downloaded all the snippets that appeared this week, but I am avoiding that folder lol And yesterday I was sent a youtube link, I went to check it and as soon as I realized it was "Keep Your Head Up", I clicked stop and ran away. I don't even read the threads about these songs cause I don't want other people's opinions influence mine...

I am doing it because I want the first listen to be special. I want to listen to the songs in excellent quality and be amazed by their beautiful sound... I am sure it's going to be an amazing album!

Is there anybody here who is as crazy as I am about it? lol

I understand you for that. But you know that mj have passed away, and some songs are going to never been released, because of sony.

If you knew example Blue Gangsta would never be released, would you hear it on the internett or not?

i feel like you!!! with the difference that i heard keep your head up... silly me!!! but i couldnt resist... But i promised to myself i wont listen to any leak again!!! that includes KYHU and BN, im not gonna listen to them again till Dec 14th! LOL we have to be strong we can do it!!!

I'm so glad you made this thread.

I've done the exact same thing but at times I've felt like I've been the only one not listening to every single leak that surfaces.

Like you, I've heard Breaking News, but that's it. I listened to the snippet of DYKWYCA simply because that isn't on the album.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to enjoy the Cascio tracks. They've proved to be so controversial and although I do believe BN is Michael's voice, the backlash has just ruined it for me.

Still, on a more positive note, I can't wait to hear the rest. We have four completely unheard 100% MJ songs to look forward to (Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, Much Too Soon and Behind The Mask). I can't wait to hear those four songs, to enjoy them without having to defend and dissect every last second of them (ala the Cascio tracks). And it'll be so great to finally hear proper versions of Another Day and HMH.

I don't understand the point of listening to fifteen seconds of this song, and twenty seconds of another... it just ruins the whole experience.

In some way yes but some tracks that maybe will never see the light of day ,that you must listen to leak version , some snippets like "Do you know where your children are" must hear before death ,and new album if they release track list that they announced yesterday will be joke album of the year.

My respect

Long before the album was announced I decided that when there's one, I am going to go through the whole experience the old fashioned way. I'm gonna listen to officially released songs only in order of appearance on the radio and in stores and avoid all leaks. So far I've managed to keep this promise and didn't listen to anything except "Breaking News". I downloaded all the snippets that appeared this week, but I am avoiding that folder lol And yesterday I was sent a youtube link, I went to check it and as soon as I realized it was "Keep Your Head Up", I clicked stop and ran away. I don't even read the threads about these songs cause I don't want other people's opinions influence mine...

I am doing it because I want the first listen to be special. I want to listen to the songs in excellent quality and be amazed by their beautiful sound... I am sure it's going to be an amazing album!

Is there anybody here who is as crazy as I am about it? lol

there is no problem for you to listen to keep your head up. perfect quality. believe me.
its not like on invincible,... the last 10 years, when u got a full song, and the quality is poor. not this time. it seems, if this time something leaks, it leaks in great quality.

This thread is for those who are CHOOSING to go the old-fashioned route. NOT a thread for other people to try to convince anyone into doing something they do not wish to do. So GTFO and STAY the f*ck outta' here right now if that is your intention. Sorry, just being blunt there. It NEEDS to be said. Give us our peace, please.

If you knew example Blue Gangsta would never be released, would you hear it on the internett or not?

like I said, I downloaded all the snippets and am going to listen to them after the album is released :)

i feel like you!!! with the difference that i heard keep your head up... silly me!!! but i couldnt resist... But i promised to myself i wont listen to any leak again!!! that includes KYHU and BN, im not gonna listen to them again till Dec 14th! LOL we have to be strong we can do it!!!

Next time if there's another leak and you feel the urge to listen, you should come to this thread and we'll try to talk each other out of listening lol

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to enjoy the Cascio tracks. They've proved to be so controversial and although I do believe BN is Michael's voice, the backlash has just ruined it for me.

Still, on a more positive note, I can't wait to hear the rest. We have four completely unheard 100% MJ songs to look forward to (Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy, Much Too Soon and Behind The Mask). I can't wait to hear those four songs, to enjoy them without having to defend and dissect every last second of them (ala the Cascio tracks). And it'll be so great to finally hear proper versions of Another Day and HMH.

I don't understand the point of listening to fifteen seconds of this song, and twenty seconds of another... it just ruins the whole experience.

I hope you'll feel better about the Cascio songs... I understand your frustration, in the past days there were times when I was so upset that I thought I wouldn't be able to listen to BN again. But after the Estate statement it was like this huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and I've been enjoying this song so very much ever since! :)

I can't wait to hear the album! I was afraid I would be crying and sad over its release like I was last year when This Is It was released. But surprisingly, I don't feel sad! It feels like this album is somehow bringing Michael back to us and he is talking to us again through his music and I am so grateful we have at least that...

I'm dying to find out some news about Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy... nobody seems to know anything about these songs....

Ah, I'm so glad there are others! I will not listen to snippets! Listening to a new Michael song is almost sacred to me, I won't ruin it by listening to a tiny bit here and there, I just won't. I'm glad there are others like me here. :)

Ah, I'm so glad there are others! I will not listen to snippets! Listening to a new Michael song is almost sacred to me, I won't ruin it by listening to a tiny bit here and there, I just won't. I'm glad there are others like me here. :)

Same for me! I already imagine how I am going to do it.. I am going to come home in the evening, wait till my budgies are asleep and don't disturb me with their singing and then I am going to turn off the lights and listen :wub:

this is like "Alcoholics Anonymous" or help for ex-junkies. You can find help here. resist the temptation.

I'm very impressed of people, who can really stand the temptation. Really, i mean it. I can't and i don't want to.
But it is the old fashion way. to hear the album for the very first time. thats so excited. the good old days. no internet. waiting patiently the release. and it gets delayed. and you go crazy, that you have to wait more. then, its finaly there.

I'm dying to find out some news about Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy... nobody seems to know anything about these songs....
After we got album tracklisting, I wrote that I am curious on what song is Orianthi guitar solo. I love hearing guitar in Jackson's songs (Beat It, Dirty Diana, Black or White, Give In To Me, Whatever Happens.) so someone put link on "Hollywood Tonight" as possible track with Orianthi but I don't know I didn't listen but other users were very, VERY happy with that snippet. :)

Listening to a new Michael song is almost sacred to me, I won't ruin it by listening to a tiny bit here and there, I just won't. I'm glad there are others like me here. :)
Exactly! :)
Every time on release day I buy album in store and then at home I start my little ritual. :wild:

I did listen to some of the snippets. with all this mess that happened, i just had to. now i regret it.

I have KYHU somewhere, but i must resist the temptation, dont want to spoil the release day :D

I listened to leaks when they started appearing, unfortunately. But I have now stopped, don't want to hear anything else untill December. I haven't heard the snippet of HMH's new version, I'm waiting 'til monday when it's released officially. I also intend not to listen to any more leaks that may come. :)

I'm only referring to songs that are going to be on the album. If there are other leaks, I will listen to those. Would love to hear the full version 12 o'clock!

this is like "Alcoholics Anonymous" or help for ex-junkies. You can find help here. resist the temptation.

I'm very impressed of people, who can really stand the temptation. Really, i mean it. I can't and i don't want to.
But it is the old fashion way. to hear the album for the very first time. thats so excited. the good old days. no internet. waiting patiently the release. and it gets delayed. and you go crazy, that you have to wait more. then, its finaly there.

I don't know how it is for the other fans in this thread, but for me, it's easy because pretty much all of my life, the very first time I had ever even seen or heard Michael's 1st single/video for his new album was on MTV. I think I pretty much caught most of his MTV World Premieres when they came out, and it was SO EXCITING every. single. time! I had my VCR ready to record and everything, lol. :D

Michael ruled MTV during the 80s and 90s. Nobody really had to search for his music, until it was time to go to the "record store" to buy the album--if you even had to do that with MTV, the radio, etc, etc. He was EVERYWHERE! That's just how it was before all of this internet/"stalker culture" BS we have going on right now. Pwetty cwappy, IMO. HHmmpphhh!! AAaaahhhh.... Memories, memories. :wub:

Same with me :no: I have a problem I think...The temptation is just so great :lol:

The temptation is so great. But this is coming from a person who likes to read the ending of books first and then reads from the beginning to see how it got to that point. Oh if I had a time machine, all the things I would do. Alas, it's not to be.

But congrats to all who have remained strong in this regard. I'm hoping you can keep going. :angel: But if you held out this long, then it shouldn't be a problem. :yes:

I have great respect for you all. I have already listened to most of the leaked snippets. But, I am swearing off snippets from this point on. I am not sure if my will power is that strong, but I am going to try.

Haha, see I'm the total opposite. I don't feel temptation at all, because listening to the album in full in great quality from start to finish on badass headphones laying on my bed with low lighting...yeah, that for me is just how it's meant to be.

I have great respect for you all. I have already listened to most of the leaked snippets. But, I am swearing off snippets from this point on. I am not sure if my will power is that strong, but I am going to try.

Does the video snippet of One More Chance count? Cause I just watched it. Tried to resist, but..............

My name is callmerose and I am a Michaelaholic.

LOL lom_kit
Hello, my name is Alejandro and i am a Michaelaholic. Ive been clean for 1 day. Today i heard that a snippet of HMH has leaked and I didnt asked for it. I feel proud of myself

edit: this thread NEEDS to be sticky. What if another snippet leak and i dont find this thread??? idk if i am strong enough...lol

"Michaelaholic"

great.

Hello my name is kit and i'm Michaelaholic.
I suck everything that leaks out about Michael Jackson. Every poor snippet, every little teaser.
And I don't regret it. No bad feelings, hmmmm :ermm:.

But you know what's bad, I'm stating to like "Breaking news".:bugeyed:dropdead:

Is there are thread for people that were against "BN" and now turned to the dark side?:cry:

Well, I can't wait to hear what the rest of the album sounds like. "Breaking News" is now growing on me. I am now looking forward to "Michael," "Vision" and "The Experience" on Wii and DS.

Michaelmania is back! Long live the King!

i feel you lom kit lol

Hi guys, I came here cause people talking about how great the leak of HMH is, the strings or WHATEVER, i had to came here and say it! im confindent i wont fall this time and you dont have to either!!

LOL this thread really helps. Thanks JMie!

Back