Stop X Factor crap going to number one. Buy Rage Against The Machine now.

I would love to. I dont care what song is no.1. As long as its not Joe's song.

Joes great. But my god is it repetitive.

I really don't like this campaign. Sure, don't buy the X Factor single as it's pretty awful, but buy something you do like, not just a random (not very good imho) song - why should so many deny this young man some success?

Trouble is so many people are sick of Simon Cowell its people like Joe who suffer. I'm sick of Cowell too to be honest but in the end of the day its Joe that suffers.

It's not about the individual singer. I'm sure this Joe is a nice guy and has a decent voice and if I was backing someone in a kareoke competition then I'd be the first person cheering him on.

This campaign is about stopping the corporate machine which is taking over the charts and making the music industry more about business and less and less to do with art.

Yeah I guess you're right. It just seems harsh. :ninja: I'll leave the thread, lol.

I would feel a bit sorry for Joe.

But then again, we could say the same thing about every winner. It has to end sometime.

If the song was actually any good, it wouldnt be so bad.

I wouldnt worry, he will be no.1 no matter what anyway.

I think Joe deserves his No.1

You could say that about any of the winners though.

What would be even better is if they didnt release the song until after Christmas. That way, the boy gets his number 1, and we all get a different Christmas number one!

Yes I know they want it to be Christmas number one, and it is conveniently placed at this time so it is Christmas number one.

this years song is the first one I don't like, maybe its just because mily cirus annoyes me so much !!

I havent really liked any of them. But this one just takes the cake.

They are allways the same old boring ballads! I cant stand it!

The last none X factor Christmas number one was 2004 :\

Maybe people should start giving them a run for their money and actually start making new and decent Christmas songs!

Many of you may have heard George Michael's which he performed on the X factor tonight ironically.

I would rather there be a group to persuade people to buy this instead!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I think some people have a little too much time on their hands. Why not just let everyone buy whatever they like without creating ridiculous campaigns? I find it kind of hard to believe that someone would actually take the time to come up with something like that. lol why bother...it's not that big of a deal, seriously.
Even though Joe's song is not my cup of tea I'm all in favor of supporting this boy's career...so if you like the single - buy it - I know I won't - but he deserves to have that number one hit. I'm def looking forward to his future releases...

edit.
Many of you may have heard George Michael's which he performed on the X factor tonight ironically.

I would rather there be a group to persuade people to buy this instead!
Man, that performance was out of this world...

Last edited:
I think some people have a little too much time on their hands. Why not just let everyone buy whatever they like without creating ridiculous campaigns? I find it kind of hard to believe that someone would actually take the time to come up with something like that. lol why bother...it's not that big of a deal, seriously.
Even though Joe's song is not my cup of tea I'm all in favor of supporting this boy's career...so if you like the single - buy it - I know I won't - but he deserves to have that number one hit. I'm def looking forward to his future releases...

It actually only takes about a minute to create a facebook group like that.

That's not exactly what I ment, I know what it takes to create a group on facebook. I was just surprised by their way of thinking that's all..

That's not exactly what I ment, I know what it takes to create a group on facebook. I was just surprised by their way of thinking that's all..

Well you said they must have a lot of time on their hands. When in actual fact the whole thing wouldnt take up much time at all.

Wouldnt suprise me if someone invovled with Rage Against The Machine was behind it haha

Well you said they must have a lot of time on their hands. When in actual fact the whole thing wouldnt take up much time at all.

Wouldnt suprise me if someone invovled with Rage Against The Machine was behind it haha
It's just an expression, and to be honest I'd much rather spend that time in a completely different way, like for example - download the single I want support one more time, but each to their own I suppose. I don't really see the point of this discussion either...

It's just an expression, and to be honest I'd much rather spend that time in a completely different way, like for example - download the single I want support one more time, but each to their own I suppose. I don't really see the point of this discussion either...

Hey, after this we now have the exact same number of posts :) haha

I would agree with this, if it wasnt for the song that we are being pushed to buy instead. Seems a bit random. I will buy George Michaels Christmas song instead.

lol, that's the spirit.

Im going to have to reply to you now, to keep our post count even! :p

I think one day the X Factor thing will wear off and then we can have our Christmas number ones back. Until then, I dont think starting a campaign is going to work. Especially if its pushing you to buy a totally random song which I wouldnt dream of buying in a million years.

I'm not gonna be buying Joe's single for myself before christmas - I think that I'll wait and download his album if and when one comes out instead as I do appreciate his voice, but I'm not keen on the song at all.

What i wanna know is that out of all the bands/artists that could have been chosen for the X-mas number 1 instead of something from the X-Factor why was Rage Againts The Machine chosen?

I looked on itunes this morning and saw Rage Against The Machine is actually number one at the moment! :lol:

What i wanna know is that out of all the bands/artists that could have been chosen for the X-mas number 1 instead of something from the X-Factor why was Rage Againts The Machine chosen?

That song was chosen because Rage Against The Machine are known for "sticking it to the man" and of course the lyrics in the song like 'Now you're under control, now you do what they told you' and 'F*** you, I wont do what you tell me'

The whole point of this is a big F you to The X-Factor, and is NOT a personal attack on Joe McElderry. It would be nice for him to have a number one for christmas but that's the point of the show ending a week before christmas. People get to know the contestants and want them to be christmas No. 1. He already won X-Factor. He is going to have a great year and great sales.

X-Factor winners have had the christmas number one for four years running.

The biggest winner in this will be Sony (big surprise) as both acts are signed to Sony BMG.

Never heard of Rage Against The Machine.. but they played a clip of their song on tv and I hated it. By the way.. they are with Sony so Simon Cowell is probably benefiting from the sale of their single somehow anyway.

I do agree I don't like how its always guarenteed that X Factor will be number 1 but thats because the public buy it... I like Joe, I won't buy his song but I'm not going to campaign against him for the sake of it, especially when I don't like this alternative song.

I understand why the song was chosen, because of the lyrics.. but maybe the campaign should have been for the Children In Need song to still be number one.. that'd be nice, then charity would be benefiting from the anti-xfactor campaign (and theres a little bit of MJ in that song :p)

Last edited:
You Are Not Alone would still put X-Factor as Christmas number one. I agree that a charity song or a completely unknown artist would be better but unfortunately I don't think they would sell as much because it's not as rebellious as the chosen song.

You Are Not Alone would still put X-Factor as Christmas number one. I agree that a charity song or a completely unknown artist would be better but unfortunately I don't think they would sell as much because it's not as rebellious as the chosen song.

Naww I don't mean X Factor's You Are Not Alone for Great Ormond St. Hospital.

I'm talkin bout the Children In Need song by Peter Kay.. its a mix of different songs and starts with Can You Feel It. It has different cartoon characters 'singing'.

(So..MJ helped raise money for 2 children's charities and had two more number ones (kind of!) :p)

But yeh I understand the song was chosen because of the lyrics.. it wouldn't be as rebellious with the Children In Need song lol!

Naww I don't mean X Factor's You Are Not Alone for Great Ormond St. Hospital.

I'm talkin bout the Children In Need song by Peter Kay.. its a mix of different songs and starts with Can You Feel It. It has different cartoon characters 'singing'.

(So..MJ helped raise money for 2 children's charities and had two more number ones (kind of!) :p)

But yeh I understand the song was chosen because of the lyrics.. it wouldn't be as rebellious with the Children In Need song lol!

I didn't know Can You Feel It was at the start. I knew it was out but I haven't listened to it. Sorry for assuming you meant the X-Factor one.

I typed a big rant there but got sick of trying to edit it!

Back