'stay" the great debate (entire song)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehehehehe, I thought this song was suppose to opens everyone eyes about the Cascio tracks not being Michael. Guess I was wrong.

I think it's changing my mind about the Cascio tracks.

I've been back and forth so many times with the other tracks, but this one i'm on board with it being MJ, and maybe this means the others are MJ too.

This is getting rediculous..... I heard this song on different sites and do you know what they all say? That this is Michael Jackson for sure ... And do you know what the result of this paranoa is? Go look on youtube for hollywood tonight, how many people say that is a fake song ...

ya, sure, Sony got up one morning and said to themselves, Mj songs aren't good enough... We have to use an imposter .... cause those songs will be so much better ... cause they are better singers then MJ. So in 5 months time they hired someone to record 10 songs that have more potential then Mj's last album invincible ... and the lyrics sound just like a MJ song. o, and we do think nobody will notice ...
Ridiculous.... friends ask me if people really believe this stuff, yea!

i did not like the song,,, in general cheesy...MJ's voice is very strong ,,in this song i hear a very weak voice !

i like Monster and Breaking News alooooot and i think MJ is singing,,,but this one i do not know , even if MJ is singing i would say that i do not like the song ,,,an avarage singer can sing like this not Michael freaking Jackson !

i still have no doubts and i do not believe the Jason stories and lies but i do not like it MJ or not !

Last edited:
You know what i'm thinking? ...Maybe All I Need and Carry On sound more convincing than the Cascio tracks on Michael because they're not produced by Teddy Riley and thus don't feel as cobbled together. No cut and paste adlibs, no overprocessing...

IMO Teddy was a bit sloppy compared to other producers.

Ever wonder why Hollywood Tonight is being questioned too?
...There's your answer.

The first line of the song sums up this and all the cascio tracks for me :lol:

Last edited:
You know what i'm thinking? ...Maybe All I Need and Carry On sound more convincing than the Cascio tracks on Michael because they're not produced by Teddy Riley and thus don't feel as cobbled together. No cut and paste adlibs, no overprocessing...

IMO Teddy was a bit sloppy compared to other producers.

Ever wonder why Hollywood Tonight is being questioned too?
...There's your answer.

i'm completely the opposite of your opinion ,,,these two songs are so cheesy compared to Teddy's songs..i mean Monster is 1000% MJ and B N is great too...but these ones , i do not know but since Sony did not approve them i'm not rushed to call them 100%

Wenghua;3192988 said:
BUMPER SNIPPET, this only adds to the issue of individual differences in perception.

We are all different, we do have different hearing abilities, and perceive in different ways.

As to me, I could never hear Michael in Mamacita. NEVER EVER. NIL.

So I’m really curious how one could hear Michael there in. ;)

Therefore it was a lesson only for you and only for those whose individual perception misled them into thinking they would hear Michael's voice in Mamacita and similar tracks.

BUMPER SNIPPET;3193007 said:
Do you understand now when I say that some people twist what I say? :)

You can clearly see that the only highlighted point was "all of us" in my statement by Wenghua, and the part "who believed it was Michael's voice" was completely disregarded.

Thanks for pointing it out for me :D
Oh no, it’s not about to twist your statement (and for some reason I feel you got me, BUMPER SNIPPET) – “the only highlighted” wording rather drops the hidden hint and questions the validity of the conclusions made up based on your previous experience.

How can you who has been fooled by Mamacita (or other soundalikes attempting to imitate Michael) once be so determined about your ability to distinguish between the vocals and layering on the Cascio’s tracks now? Once and for all?

Do you regard it as inconceivable that your auditory sensation and perception may mislead you again?

i'm completely the opposite of your opinion ,,,these two songs are so cheesy compared to Teddy's songs..i mean Monster is 1000% MJ and B N is great too...but these ones , i do not know but since Sony did not approve them i'm not rushed to call them 100%
It's a fact that these songs has the same singer....

very bad song with very very bad impersonator exactly the same goat who sings on breaking news, kyhu and monster and it is a great disrespect to Michael, I cannot tolerate!

Pentum;3193160 said:
Hehehehehehe, I thought this song was suppose to opens everyone eyes about the Cascio tracks not being Michael. Guess I was wrong.
Your not doing wrong :no:but you have all got to calm down a bit:)
Vlens;3193209 said:
This is getting rediculous..... I heard this song on different sites and do you know what they all say? That this is Michael Jackson for sure ... And do you know what the result of this paranoa is? Go look on youtube for hollywood tonight, how many people say that is a fake song ...

ya, sure, Sony got up one morning and said to themselves, Mj songs aren't good enough... We have to use an imposter .... cause those songs will be so much better ... cause they are better singers then MJ. So in 5 months time they hired someone to record 10 songs that have more potential then Mj's last album invincible ... and the lyrics sound just like a MJ song. o, and we do think nobody will notice ...
Ridiculous.... friends ask me if people really believe this stuff, yea!
OK your point is justified :)
Wenghua;3193300 said:
Oh no, it’s not about to twist your statement (and for some reason I feel you got me, BUMPER SNIPPET) – “the only highlighted” wording rather drops the hidden hint and questions the validity of the conclusions made up based on your previous experience.

How can you who has been fooled by Mamacita (or other soundalikes attempting to imitate Michael) once be so determined about your ability to distinguish between the vocals and layering on the Cascio’s tracks now? Once and for all?

Do you regard it as inconceivable that your auditory sensation and perception may mislead you again?
I think this conversation should go to pm sorry ;D

@MJRemixed: "Way off"?
With all respect, there are about 3 little errors and 2 disputable spots.

2) I can make you feel (try to cure the queen) should be (like you're a queen), what you have doesn't make sense.

It's 4 syllables, "like you're" doesn't fit. It also rather sounds like "the queen" and not "a queen".
Yeah, "try to cure the queen" doesn't make much sense and I also think it's wrong. But what you've suggested doesn't fit either.

Not MJ...Seriously, is this a joke? All of it?

Last edited:

It's 4 syllables, "like you're" doesn't fit. It also rather sounds like "the queen" and not "a queen".
Yeah, "try to cure the queen" doesn't make much sense and I also think it's wrong. But what you've suggested doesn't fit either.

Try to cure the queen.

:D

...Classic Korgnex.

MICHAEL JACKSON - "Stay"

lead vocals & ad-libs: Michael Jackson
chorus and background vocals: James Porte
Sometimes they're also singing together but I have not marked this.

VERSE 1
Never have I ever been so sure (so sure)
(Hoh no, now)
Never thought I'd see you walk in that door (that door)
(Hoh nay-na)

I can make you feel
(like you're the queen)
No remedy (no compromise)
Would you rather be right here with me

I want you right here next to me

CHORUS
Do you really wanna stay (we can take it slow)
Do you wanna walk away (if you let it go)
Girl, I'm writing you this letter just to say goodbye
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind
(say goodbye)

Do you really wanna stay (we can take it slow)
Do you really wanna go (we can let it go)
So I'm writing you this letter just to say goodbye
(good)

VERSE 2
She never thought she'd be here away, in no need
(Hoh no now)
I never thought I'd be here back in my fears
(we can take it slow) (hoo)

When you're in need, your fantasy (all here with me)
So would you rather be
right here with me

Girl, get in to me

CHORUS
Do you really wanna stay (ho-ooh) (we can take it slow)
(don't you walk away)
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change mind (say goodbye)

Do you really wanna stay (we take it slow) (we can take it slow)
Do you really wanna go (did you say goodbye) (we can let it go)

BRIDGE
Anything, oh, anything
To chase the rain, goodbye
When you're left with all your dreams
I couldn't say good night
(I want love you)
She was contagious (she was contagious)
She was my baby

Te quiero
(te quiero mi amor)
I love you
Say goodbye
(say goodbye)
Say goodbye

CHORUS OUT
Do you really wanna stay (haaaah) (we can take it slow)
(don't walk away)
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind (no go away)

Do you really wanna stay (stay by my side) (we can take it slow)
Do you really wanna go
(stay by my side) (we can let it go)

I never let you go
(do you wanna walk away)
I never let you go
Never let you go
(I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind)
Never let you go

Do you really wanna stay (hoo-oaa)
Do you wanna, wanna go (ho-ooaah)
I'll be standing in the rain, case you change your mind (hoo-aaoooh)

No go away
Stay by my side
Stay by my side

2 disputable spots:
  • I can make you feel (??? the queen)
  • She never thought she'd be here away, in no need
    OR
    She never thought she'd be here waitin' on me

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like "like you're a queen" to me.

And "waitin' on me".

Try to cure the queen.

:D

...Classic Korgnex.

Try it better. I've just written down what it sounds like.

Korgnex said:
2) I can make you feel (try to cure the queen) should be (like you're a queen), what you have doesn't make sense.

Another controversial song for sure. I can't say for sure whether this is MJ. That first verse is very sketchy, doesn't sound much like Michael Jackson. The rest of the song it's possible.

Last edited:
Yeah, it pretty much sounds like "like you're a queen" to me too. It might be "like, you're a queen" with a very very short pause after "like" if you know what i mean.

It is "LIKE YOU'RE A QUEEN" and it contains 4 syllables:

Like-yooo-ra-queen

Wenghua;3193300 said:

At least I swallowed my pride to say it that I got duped by that song the first time I heard it.

But obviously you didn't read all what I said. I said that when I listened to it I didn't pay close attention to it.

From then on I've become more vigilant, and been paying close attention to the slightest phoneme. It is not because you get duped once that it means you can be duped over and over again. It has nothing to do with improved listening skills, but with awareness that others indeed can imitate Michael too. However very fast you realize there are flaws in the imitations. And the same flaws as on "Mamacita" and "Let me let go" appear on the Cascio tracks.

Okay.

Pronounce-wise, doesn't "like you're the queen" make much more sense?

Can you clearly hear an "a" in it?
--> snippet of disputable spot slowed down

I can clearly hear "a" and not "the". How? Simple. "A" is assimilated to "r" of the conjugated verb "be" --"'re", thus the isolated syllable becomes "ra".

As far as grammar is concerned, "a" is justified, i.e. "any queen", as opposed to the definite article "the" indicating that we are supposed to know the Queen. So "the" doesn't make sense. If it were "the" Queen, which queen would we be talking about in the lyrics then?

p.s. As far as phonetics is concerned, if the article "the" was used, it would have sounded [da] and not [ra].

^ Hmm, yes, in colloquial English you would refer to the incumbent Queen.
In poetry however it doesn't have to.

Last question:

Do you guys know what a dental affricate is? ;)

@ Korgnex, I said they were "way off" because this is was the second time you had corrected the lyrics upon instruction from another poster, and now the thrid in post #106.

Another poster, can't remember who right now, had already corrected some of the lyrics a few days ago. One example at that time was the line:
"i'll be standing in the rain case you change your mind"
;)

^ Hmm, yes, in colloquial English you would refer to the incumbent Queen.
In poetry however it doesn't have to.

Last question:

Do you guys know what a dental affricate is? ;)

Yes,

Affricate consonants are the ones that are stopped. If they are dental, then it means that you stop the air from your lungs in your mouth with your tongue against your teeth, such as [d] or [t].

The Debate posts are for these types of discussions. If youre OVER IT then don't come into the DEBATE threads. The peacemaker thing is not going to work when the very thing we hold dear about Michaels talent and legacy is at question. We speak from how we feel because we feel strongly. Myself, I really really really can't understand how people think they are hearing Michael. However, it's like the american idol auditions. People have different ears....to me, the people thinking that that's michaels voice are exactly like the people that think they can sing when clearly they cannot....there's a disconnect there. I believe for some of the BELIEVERS that they know it doesn't sound like the Michael were used to hearing but they want it to be him so bad that they are accepting it as him and that's fine....but I'd have to be drunk and half deaf to confuse the casico tracks from authentic mj tracks.

This isn't debating....what I have seen in this thread IS NOT debating. This kind of thing is SO 2010. Its out of fashion, its not cool anymore...from either side. The new craze is trying to guess what kind of vegetable MJ stuffs his crotch with.

I mean just look at what has been said here.

'The lead vocals are clearly MJ'

'No they are not! How can you possibly hear him here!?'

You're not sick of that? Can you honestly tell me that you arent sick of that?

You know when you repeat the same word over and over again until the word makes no sense anymore? Thats what is happening here......I dont even know what a 'vocal' is anymore. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back