SONY REFUSE TO RELEASE 'THIS IS IT' SINGLE : Feedback Form Inside

mickyj007

Proud Member
You won't be able to download it off iTunes.

You won't be able to buy it as a physical single.

You must buy the entire album (full of songs you already have) either off iTunes or over the counter. It's all, or nothing.

Are you unhappy that Sony does not plan to release 'This Is It' as a single, either physical or as a download?

In order for you to get this song LEGALLY, Sony are forcing fans and the general public to buy the WHOLE ALBUM. No, you cannot buy the song by itself anywhere!

Not pleased like myself? Give them your peice of mind here:

http://www.sonymusic.com/about/feedback.php

It's a known fact that Sony do not plan to release 'This Is It' as a single. In addition to this HMV have withdrawn the single from their stores.

From Sony Music 2 mins ago:

Hi #####,

As mentioned – there is no single release anywhere in the world.

Yes it is going to radio on October 13 in Australia as the US are planning October 12 (and we can’t go before them).

Thanks

From HMV:

Dear hmv Customer,

I can confirm to you that after thorough investigation that the item Michael Jackson - This Is It, has been discontinued so it is with regret that we have to inform you that we will no longer be stocking this item.

Any questions? Reply to this email or give us a call instead on 0845 603 8576 we're open 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Doherty
Online Customer Service Team
www.hmv.com

From Austereo Radio:

Email ##### got from Austereo when asking if Australia radio would be adding "This Is It" song to their daily rotation:

Quote:
Hi #####,

Thanks for your email.

At this time we do not have any plans to include the song in our playlists,
however once we actually receive/hear the song anything is likely, we cannot
rule it out, however we cannot confirm either at this stage.

Kind Regards

Kristy

I strongly think 'This Is It' should be released as a single AS WELL as on the sound track. Let's give MJ the best chance of having another number 1 single, cause at this rate it won't be happening!

Last edited:
Are you unhappy that Sony does not plan to release 'This Is It' as a single, either physical or as a download?

In order for you to get this song LEGALLY, Sony are forcing fans and the general public to buy the WHOLE ALBUM. No, you cannot buy the song by itself anywhere!

Not pleased like myself? Give them your peice of mind here:

http://www.sonymusic.com/about/feedback.php

Let's give MJ the best chance of having another number 1 single, cause at this rate it won't be happening!

ok..breathe for a minute.

Can you please post your source indicating that the single will not be release?

If true, not a smart move. People have most of Jackson's song. Many are not buying the CD anyway. Why rebuy something you already have? If they do intend on doing this, they will lose revenue. People can download the song online when the time comes.

If true, not a smart move. People have most of Jackson's song. Many are not buying the CD anyway. Why rebuy something you already have? If they do intend on doing this, they will lose revenue. People can download the song online when the time comes.

Agreed. Not smart on Sony's part at all.

Breathe for a minute? You're obviously not in the know with this, and it would be good to act before it's too late. Obviously if it doesn't phase people if the song does well or not, then this thread isn't for you.

It's a known fact that Sony do not plan to release 'This Is It' as a single. In addition to this HMV have withdrawn the single from their stores.

Hi #####,

As mentioned – there is no single release anywhere in the world.

Yes it is going to radio on October 13 in Australia as the US are planning October 12 (and we can’t go before them).

Thanks

Well, it's called MARKETING.

Why buy the cow (i.e., the album) if you can get the most awaited single by itself (i.e., the MILK)?

You think that Sony is going to release a single when they can sell the entire album?

C'mon now.

It'll be released for radio - MOST DEFINITELY.

And if it supports MJs Estate & his beautiful babies, then I'll buy it.

I want it to break all records so that MJs Legacy is kept ALIVE.

It'll probably be released as a single AFTER THE MOVIE on I-Tunes and as a CD single.

From HMV:

Dear hmv Customer,

I can confirm to you that after thorough investigation that the item Michael Jackson - This Is It, has been discontinued so it is with regret that we have to inform you that we will no longer be stocking this item.

Any questions? Reply to this email or give us a call instead on 0845 603 8576 we're open 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Doherty
Online Customer Service Team
www.hmv.com

Well, it's called MARKETING.

Why buy the cow if you can get the most awaited single by itself (i.e., the MILK)?

You think that Sony is going to release a single when they can sell the entire album?

C'mon now.

It'll be released for radio - MOST DEFINITELY.

And if it supports MJs Estate & his beautiful babies, then I'll buy it.

I want it to break all records so that MJs Legacy is kept ALIVE.

It'll probably be released as a single AFTER THE MOVIE on I-Tunes and as a CD single.

Email ##### got from Austereo when asking if Australia radio would be adding "This Is It" song to their daily rotation:

Quote:
Hi #####,

Thanks for your email.

Kind Regards

Kristy [/quote]

Breathe for a minute? You're obviously not in the know with this, and it would be good to act before it's too late. Obviously if it doesn't phase people if the song does well or not, then this thread isn't for you.

Calm down...nothing to lose sleep over.

just don't buy the CD if you don't want to. Gee whizzz. All drama. All the time.

Quote:
Hi #####,

Thanks for your email.

Kind Regards

Kristy
[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to have it until MIDNIGHT the day of the 12 - most likely.

Otherwise, it'll leak on the internet.

Calm down...nothing to lose sleep over.

just don't buy the CD if you don't want to. Gee whizzz. All drama. All the time.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

When did I say anything about not wanting to buy the CD? lol..

I'd just like MJ to have a good chance on the charts. Afterall, it's his first new song in how many years?

Also, it'd be great if people could buy the song legally by itself i.e. through iTunes, as opposed to fork out $20 for a CD where the majority of songs they already have. It's just a matter of opinion and if you're not bothered then that's fine.

I just know if it's not released as a single to download or buy, I'm gonna quite happily download it illegally.

Would you fork over the $20 bucks if it were MJ singing LIVE on the album?

We don't know what's going to be on there - I'm hoping LIVE - they have more than enough material to do a LIVE CD of MJs hits.

I'd pay for that & more!

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

When did I say anything about not wanting to buy the CD? lol..

I'd just like MJ to have a good chance on the charts. Afterall, it's his first new song in how many years?

Also, it'd be great if people could buy the song legally by itself i.e. through iTunes, as opposed to fork out $20 for a CD where the majority of songs they already have. It's just a matter of opinion and if you're not bothered then that's fine.

I just know if it's not released as a single to download or buy, I'm gonna quite happily download it illegally.

Well, here in the U.S. they don't release singles anymore. So buying the album (or knowing someone that can get a promo CD of the song) is the only option for us.

I personally think this is over-speculation.

You know how MJ liked to run his business, very close to the vest & only when READY he would release it.

This is going to be done exactly the way he did all his projects, so when it hits the airwaves & the world, it's going to be MASSIVE.

Let's put positive energy out there so that this can be the biggest success for MJ & his kids.

Would you fork over the $20 bucks if it were MJ singing LIVE on the album?

We don't know what's going to be on there - I'm hoping LIVE - they have more than enough material to do a LIVE CD of MJs hits.

I'd pay for that & more!

Hell yes I would!

A LIVE album would be insane! But instead we're getting the chance to buy MJ's back catalogue again :) YAY!!! And we can't even download the new song legally as a single :) I'm not going to buy all of MJ's old songs again just to hear a few unreleased tunes.

I'll be doing what most people are going to :p

Hell yes I would!

A LIVE album would be insane! But instead we're getting the chance to buy MJ's back catalogue again :) YAY!!! And we can't even download the new song legally as a single :) I'm not going to buy all of MJ's old songs again just to hear a few unreleased tunes.

I'll be doing what most people are going to :p[/QUOTE]

Please don't pirate it - you know MJ would NOT approve.

How could you disappoint this beautiful angel?

YANA%20VIDEO%203.jpg

C'mon now.

Hey, I never said I'd do that. I'll be buying the CD regardless as I'm a collector.

This is going to be done exactly the way he did all his projects, so when it hits the airwaves & the world, it's going to be MASSIVE.

How do you know this? The executors are co-producing the movie, but I'm not sure about their involvement regarding the release of the audio & TII song.

I really, really hope so.

A LIVE album would be great!! :wild:

God & MJ & Sony know what is going to be released.

The ONLY thing that makes sense to me is a LIVE recording of whatever happened on This Is It Movie.

At least, IMHO.

Maybe the studio version of This is It - plus the live versions - I dunno.

I'm speculating too. But we can't have this animosity until it comes out.

The record stores & Sony KNOW they are going to make $$$ off This Is IT, so of course, you keep the suspense THERE.

What do you prefer, that the single leaks & MJ is deemed a failure or that MJ is considered a success?

I'd rather MJ be a success. :clapping:

Please!

How do you know this? The executors are co-producing the movie, but I'm not sure about their involvement regarding the release of the audio & TII song.

I really, really hope so.

Uhhh.. because the 2 executive producers were there with MJ since the beginning of his solo career & helped him become the most successful solo artist in the world????

Please don't pirate it - you know MJ would NOT approve.

Yeah but you know that the way that Sony is packaging this is just an encouragement to some people. Can't wait to hear the single on the radio though...

Well, here in the U.S. they don't release singles anymore. So buying the album (or knowing someone that can get a promo CD of the song) is the only option for us.

I'm expecting somebody to try to sell some of those on eBay. :timer:

Uhhh.. because the 2 executive producers were there with MJ since the beginning of his solo career & helped him become the most successful solo artist in the world????

Yeah, but as I said: how do we know what kind of involvement they have with putting together the CD? They are co-producing the movie but could have easily said regarding the CD: 'Another greatest hits CD (no live songs just the same in a different order) plus the TII song? Sounds great to us! Go ahead Sony!'

We'll see...:timer: Has anybody bothered to email Sony to ask if the songs were live or not?

A LIVE album would be great!! :wild:

He didn´t sing most of the song live.Only parts of the songs. Even J5 medley wasn´t live.

So it isn´t Sony´s vault. There just isn´t enough live material available to release a live album.

Apropo live album. Tina Turner has a new live album out. Awesome !!!!!

We'll see -

But to quote an MJ song....

WHATEVER HAPPENS, dont you let go of my hand....

And I won't.

I'm going support anything & everything the Jackson Estate comes out with & supports MJs babies.

:baby:MJ, Jr. (Prince)

:baby:paris Katherine

:baby: Prince Michael II (Blanket)

He didn´t sing most of the song live.Only parts of the songs. Even J5 medley wasn´t live.

So it isn´t Sony´s vault. There just isn´t enough live material available to release a live album.

Apropo live album. Tina Turner has a new live album out. Awesome !!!!!

out of curiosity i had to look at my itunes library.... and i have ..
Billie Jean - Digital Remaster
Billie Jean-Thriller
Billie Jean -# One's
Billie Jean -MJ Greatest Hits:History
Billie Jean -Thriller Zombie Cover
Billie Jean -Thriller Deluxe
Billie Jean -MJ Essentials
Billie Jean -Thriller Zombie Cover w/ Kanye West
Billie Jean Single Version
Billie Jean LIVE MOTOWN 25 Music Vid
Billie Jean Original Music Vid
I guess I can handle one more Billie Jean TII Album in my itunes library.... L O L !!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE KING........

Back