So Eminem DID stick up for MJ after all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm just glad to know he's even heard of me." - Eminem, 2003.

The video he made was too much, I don't think the Pepsi incident should ever be joked about, but there is no doubt that Eminem doesn't respect Michael. I like Eminem's music and think the apology was genuine.

Lol @ people who can't get over Just Lose It...

Im sure Ive seen an interview where Eminem bigged up the Invincible album. (trying to find it right now.)
& I remember the interview in the OP. Not bothered if anyone believes it. If people want to miss out on the genius that is Eminem, then it is there own loss. Not mine. :)

Im sure Ive seen an interview where Eminem bigged up the Invincible album. (trying to find it right now.)
& I remember the interview in the OP. Not bothered if anyone believes it. If people want to miss out on the genius that is Eminem, then it is there own loss. Not mine. :)

The video was one of the many things helped fuel more of a negative perception of Michael at that time, which Michael did not deserve. Can you really blame people who don't "get over" it?

Kind of amusing how some people just have the whole "get over it" attitude , uh no, why don't you let people feel the way they want, and you can feel the way you want.

Ha ha, genius don't make me laugh, a few loops stick an orchestra hit in ever other bar, either complain rather than inspire, and totally paint a distorted negative image of the world, you think we should get over it, im with stevie wonder on this one 'kicking a man when he's down' if eminem is how you define genius then i'm worried.

His lyrics are common sense and obvious life observations that we all think about every day, i could go on but to me he is the most overated act in musical history, Sorry but it's the lowest a man can sink to use Michael Jackson to boost their career, a blood sucking leach. Sorry i have such strong opinions on him, these are my opinions and i don't want to offend anyone, it's just how i see it.

he said that after the just loose it video funnily enough. It's like when peter kay mocked his hair being on fire, months after his death. Well thats hillarious isn't it, someone suffering third degree burns, narrowly avoiding death and suffering irreparable damage. If i had respect for someones music or them, then i wouldn't make a video like just loose it, michael somehow i dunno how he did it managed to make the biggest music video ever, without swearing once, without complaining once, without attacking any other individual, without banging on about sex or anything else and without taking the piss out of another star.

Dyam sorry for the rant, i'm gonna get nailed now by other fans oh dear........

Just been on an topic about this, and 80% of eminem fans are saying michael jackson is a bad influence and eminem is a good influence, ha ha ha ha. Guys it's time to wake up, his fans hate michael jackson and his fans, and thats partly thanks to the just loose it video, i can't stick up for anyone who has cause things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the "Just lose it" video continue to air without any apology or explanation attach to it or get banned all together, there is no way his apology stand? How can anyone think it was just a joke if it continues to be aired?

So the the "get over it" comments are ridiculous!

Let's get real!

Last edited:
That was nice of him. I always thought the "Just Lose It" was bit too much. I thought it was so disrespectful.

Ah, good. Someone else remembers it too. I'd given up looking for the video though the last time this exact subject came up, mostly because these embittered people aren't worth that much effort, especially since they'll keep hating and dwelling and coming up with hilarious validations like "he just said it because he had to" (even though he didn't have to because mocking Michael Jackson had sadly become very acceptable in that time period) no matter what lol.

OMFG!!!
I dont know what to say after reading this.
Im genuinly in shock,I never new he felt like this about Michael.
Naturally like all the other fans I hate the video and thought it was so out of line but now,after reading this,Ive got a hole new respect for Eminem.
Of course everything he says is true but most off all I love how he understands the whole kids and masks thing.

I like some of Eminem's work but I really don't like how he disrespected michael because there is a way to mention a celebrity without being so mean especially during that difficult time. BUT if he apologized and michael accepted I won't hold a grudge against him.

Ha ha, genius don't make me laugh, a few loops stick an orchestra hit in ever other bar, either complain rather than inspire, and totally paint a distorted negative image of the world, you think we should get over it, im with stevie wonder on this one 'kicking a man when he's down' if eminem is how you define genius then i'm worried.

His lyrics are common sense and obvious life observations that we all think about every day, i could go on but to me he is the most overated act in musical history, Sorry but it's the lowest a man can sink to use Michael Jackson to boost their career, a blood sucking leach. Sorry i have such strong opinions on him, these are my opinions and i don't want to offend anyone, it's just how i see it.

he said that after the just loose it video funnily enough. It's like when peter kay mocked his hair being on fire, months after his death. Well thats hillarious isn't it, someone suffering third degree burns, narrowly avoiding death and suffering irreparable damage. If i had respect for someones music or them, then i wouldn't make a video like just loose it, michael somehow i dunno how he did it managed to make the biggest music video ever, without swearing once, without complaining once, without attacking any other individual, without banging on about sex or anything else and without taking the piss out of another star.

Dyam sorry for the rant, i'm gonna get nailed now by other fans oh dear........

Just been on an topic about this, and 80% of eminem fans are saying michael jackson is a bad influence and eminem is a good influence, ha ha ha ha. Guys it's time to wake up, his fans hate michael jackson and his fans, and thats partly thanks to the just loose it video, i can't stick up for anyone who has cause things like that.

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

& you don't have to be worried about me thinking Eminem is a genius. He understands what Michael went through with the press and being misunderstood. And hes the genius for being a white male breaking down racial barriers in a genre. Coming to be one of the biggest stars over the last decade. With his lyricism and flow. Yeah he was an arsehole to do it at the time he did it. But if you wanna strike down there work immediately just because they mocked Michael then thats ridiculous.

And that song is one of the reason I binned Encore a couple weeks after buying it. Still don't hate Eminem. Or deny his talent.

Ah, good. Someone else remembers it too. I'd given up looking for the video though the last time this exact subject came up, mostly because these embittered people aren't worth that much effort, especially since they'll keep hating and dwelling and coming up with hilarious validations like "he just said it because he had to" (even though he didn't have to because mocking Michael Jackson had sadly become very acceptable in that time period) no matter what lol.

Just because it had become acceptable amongst the ignorant masses, it doesn't make it right and thats not an excuse, infact it only makes it worse for me. MJ and his fans are hated by the majority of eminem fans, thanks to him, but thats ok because 'it was acceptable' is clearly what you are trying to say. The man practically devoted a whole album to slagging of someone who had acheived more than he could dream of, but it's eminem therefore it's genius, it's not genius, it's bullying eminem supposedly hates it when people hate and mock him, yet in the later interview he says he understands how MJ feels, the hypocracy is off the scale.

Cool_story_bro_.jpg

& you don't have to be worried about me thinking Eminem is a genius. He understands what Michael went through with the press and being misunderstood. And hes the genius for being a white male breaking down racial barriers in a genre. Coming to be one of the biggest stars over the last decade. With his lyricism and flow. Yeah he was an arsehole to do it at the time he did it. But if you wanna strike down there work immediately just because they mocked Michael then thats ridiculous.

And that song is one of the reason I binned Encore a couple weeks after buying it. Still don't hate Eminem. Or deny his talent.

oh cause it's so hard for a white person to break racial barriers in america, take a look at elvis singing blues, now michael had to go through real racial barriers, the very person he was mocking. Some of his earliest work was vile and attrocious and extreemely explicit sinking to the lowest common denominator to sell.

Quit taking this soooo serious? Just because of Just Lose It. His earlier stuff is his best. 1995/6-2002 to be exact.

Cannot deny Eminem is a genius tbh.

Edit: And were not saying Just Lose It is genius.
& I never did say Michael went through no racial barriers. Michael did more than anyone.
(Theres an edit button at the bottom of your posts instead posting 5 posts at once, i keep missing them lol)

Just because it had become acceptable amongst the ignorant masses, it doesn't make it right and thats not an excuse, infact it only makes it worse for me. MJ and his fans are hated by the majority of eminem fans, thanks to him, but thats ok because 'it was acceptable' is clearly what you are trying to say. The man practically devoted a whole album to slagging of someone who had acheived more than he could dream of, but it's eminem therefore it's genius, it's not genius, it's bullying eminem supposedly hates it when people hate and mock him, yet in the later interview he says he understands how MJ feels, the hypocracy is off the scale.

Wtf? Lol. I was referring to MJ fans who have said that Eminem only apologized because he was pressured to due to the backlash. I was pointing out that it wasn't necessary for him to apologize based on that reasoning.

I also love how when MJ fans are upset with something another highly successful artist has done they will immediately pull the "MJ IS SO MUCH MORE BIGGER THAN YOU" card like a bunch of insecure snobs who are living vicariously through MJ's achievements lol. Yeah, personally I think Eminem is comfortable having sold over 85 million records and being the biggest selling rap artist of all-time, regardless of how much more MJ has sold and how much bigger of an icon MJ is, none of which I think Eminem would ever deny. He's not hurting.

And he practically devoted a whole album to slagging Michael Jackson? LOL! When did this happen??? Assuming you mean Encore, there was the Just Lose It song, and then a skit when he's on the phone talking about the controversy sparked by the Just Lose It video, and a line in Ass Like That where he says "what do you mean my lawyer with Michael is too busy?" referring again to the Just Lose It controversy, and then... I don't even remember if he mentioned Michael at all in the rest of the CD. LMAO.

Jesus some of you are too emotional about MJ. I know we all love him, but... LOL.

Well that's cool that he respected Michael so much I never took Just Loose It too seriously myself at first I didn't think it was cool and was upset to hear Michael was offended but if he made amends with Michael then that's great.

Assuming you didn't see my post after yours Yeezy so I'll just re post it and modify it, and please read all of it.

The video was one of the many things helped fuel more of a negative perception of Michael at that time, which Michael did not deserve. Can you really blame people who don't "get over" it?

Some people just have the whole "get over it"/why are you taking so serious attitude. Basically you just have to let people feel the way they are feeling, and you can feel the way you want.

Oh, and the whole purpose of this thread was trying to figure out if he actually apologized for the video and if said those things. You would think that an interview of Eminem apologizing would be an easy story to find right?..

So far, there's been no video proof and no reliable source. So far we just a couple of MJ fans who happen to love Eminem (there's nothing wrong with that either) that are criticizing everyone who says anything negative about him it seems.

Eminem sucks, and I'm glad MJ bought all his songs, so in the end Eminem made MJ rich.

Eminem sucks, and I'm glad MJ bought all his songs, so in the end Eminem made MJ rich.

Another fan flat out making stuff up to make themselves feel better.

And yes I am aware MJ bought songs from Eminem's catalogue. Good to know that Em made MJ rich though. Was Michael poor before or something? lol.

Wtf? Lol. I was referring to MJ fans who have said that Eminem only apologized because he was pressured to due to the backlash. I was pointing out that it wasn't necessary for him to apologize based on that reasoning.

I also love how when MJ fans are upset with something another highly successful artist has done they will immediately pull the "MJ IS SO MUCH MORE BIGGER THAN YOU" card like a bunch of insecure snobs who are living vicariously through MJ's achievements lol. Yeah, personally I think Eminem is comfortable having sold over 85 million records and being the biggest selling rap artist of all-time, regardless of how much more MJ has sold and how much bigger of an icon MJ is, none of which I think Eminem would ever deny. He's not hurting.

And he practically devoted a whole album to slagging Michael Jackson? LOL! When did this happen??? Assuming you mean Encore, there was the Just Lose It song, and then a skit when he's on the phone talking about the controversy sparked by the Just Lose It video, and a line in Ass Like That where he says "what do you mean my lawyer with Michael is too busy?" referring again to the Just Lose It controversy, and then... I don't even remember if he mentioned Michael at all in the rest of the CD. LMAO.

Jesus some of you are too emotional about MJ. I know we all love him, but... LOL.

Why are you referring to us as MJ fans as a us against you mentality. If you don't admire and respect MJ then why are you here? And no, we don't have to buy into your love fest for Eminem. What he did was dispicable and at a very critical time and a apology later on is not going to suffice.

Why are you referring to us as MJ fans as a us against you mentality. If you don't admire and respect MJ then why are you here? And no, we don't have to buy into your love fest for Eminem. What he did was dispicable and at a very critical time and a apology later on is not going to suffice.

Rep added. :punk: Agree.

Eminem didn't apologize either, that transcript is still fake IMO,there's no video/no reliable source, nothing. Nobody can find something that should be easy to find.

Oh, and I wish you would reply to my previous post GMS or Yeezy.

The "MJ fans" was a slip whereas I usually say "some MJ fans," but regardless I really do not think I have to "prove" my feelings about Michael around here. To be honest, I think the overall message of the post you quoted was obvious, especially since I said "we all love Michael" in the exact same post, but you chose to dwell on the way I phrased one sentence to create an issue out of it.

Who's asking you to buy into anything? This thread is about a specific subject, obviously I'm going to be talking about that specific subject, and I'm sorry if it bothers you that not everybody feels the same way about it that you do. I think it's pathetic that so many people are still so hung up on this and will say so. Feel free to buy or not buy into that.

Yes.

Some people just have the whole "get over it"/why are you taking so serious attitude. Basically you just have to let people feel the way they are feeling, and you can feel the way you want.

People can feel the way they want but when there is a whole thread about the topic and someone posts their thoughts about said topic, they are presumably consenting to having their opinion contested. That's... a huge part of what a forum is.

Oh, and the whole purpose of this thread was trying to figure out if he actually apologized for the video and if said those things. You would think that an interview of Eminem apologizing would be an easy story to find right?..

Not really, no. This is hardly the first time that a certain clip of something is next to impossible to find. It's out there somewhere but I don't think there's anyone here who cares THAT much about if you believe it or not.

So far, there's been no video proof and no reliable source. So far we just a couple of MJ fans who happen to love Eminem (there's nothing wrong with that either) that are criticizing everyone who says anything negative about him it seems.

Is it surprising that people who actually follow Eminem would be the people who remember seeing an interview? And I hardly criticize anyone who says anything negative about him. Yeezy pretty much left a more or less negative review of the Recovery album on another thread, and I didn't say anything because I don't care. I don't even have words to express how much I don't care. I will, however, openly refute and giggle at comments like "HE'S JUST JEALOUS OF MJ/HE ONLY APOLOGIZED 'CAUSE HE WAS AFRAID/etc."

Last edited:
Is it surprising that people who actually follow Eminem would be the people who remember seeing an interview? And I hardly criticize anyone who says anything negative about him. Yeezy pretty much left a more or less negative review of the Recovery album on another thread, and I didn't say anything because I don't care. I don't even have words to express how much I don't care. I will, however, openly refute and giggle at comments like "HE'S JUST JEALOUS OF MJ/HE ONLY APOLOGIZED 'CAUSE HE WAS AFRAID/etc."

Well, I don't follow Eminem and I saw the interview when it aired! Don't remember everything that was said per word cause I saw it only once! So, I can't say that the first transcript that was posted is accurate? I knew he would talk about MJ so that is the only reason why I watched it! I wouldn't say he was afraid! But, he definitely felt the heat of the controversy!

He did say he liked MJ and he didn't mean to offend him even though the video is exactly doing that! It was weird to me that he was even surprised that MJ would be upset! I'm not sure if Eminem was genuine in his explanation because that is what it was more of! Then it was an apology!? LOL

Especially when a press release was issued by him saying he was disappointment at BET for banning his video when it first came out! o_O I also remember either Sway or Eminem saying that the video was not a lie and it's what people are saying or believing about him anyway!

I thought that was unfair and disgusting because they were kicking MJ down at a difficult time in his life! It was shitty timing on Eminem's part on purpose! But, that video wouldn't have been good to make at anytime, really! Also a few months/yrs later? There was Eminem special that he was apart of on MTV that had him talking and playing all his videos! And yet again he gave a silly explanation on the video and how MJ didn't approve and still played the damn thing! So an apology for the video...? I DON"T THINK SO! Sorry, for anyone who thought so!

No one has to hold a grudge against Em because of what he did to MJ if they don't want to is there choice! But, as for me, I was really never a fan because I don't like people talking mess about others to sell anything and then bitch when someone does it to them! Especially if that person never did anything to them in the first place! That is just wrong in my book and he been doing that for way to long and way before MJ! It's to much middle school childish bullshit for me!

Lol... wow... All I gotta say is what's been done is done. You can't erase my memories. Thanks for that.

I would just stand there watch him burn because I love the way he lies.

Haha Ive still not bought it. Much better albums out this year.

Anyways Im done with this thread I think. The comment "Im glad MJ bought his songs because it made MJ rich" killed me off.

Assuming you didn't see my post after yours Yeezy so I'll just re post it and modify it, and please read all of it.

Exactly...it's so easy to say "get over it" NOW....but the trial was a big big deal........and everyone portrayed MJ in a bad light.....

If Eminem wanted to make fun of MJ, fine he should have done it later....not during the trial. The thing is, a lot of kids listen to Eminems music....and when you're a kid you don't know what to believe, what is right or wrong....you think everything the media says is the truth...(I became a fan during the trial.........)

What's with some people here?????.......

Are we not allowed to have opinions any more because you like Eminem??????.....

He insulted Michael in the most critical time just so he can make loads of money........

And now he thinks he can say sorry so that MJ fans can start buying his albums again while he still keeps the millions he made from insulting Michael.

Apology not accepted..............

Wait a second......Where is this apology?????

Either way I STILL DISLIKE HIM!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back