Sir Michael Jackson

Correct me if I´m wrong, but don´t u have to be British to be knighted? And as we all know Sir Paul is, Sir Elton is and King Michael is not :)

I´m sure MJ would already have been knighted if he could´ve been.

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but if Princess Diana was alive, she could have knighted him...right?

So it has to be a king or queen??? :huh:

Last edited:
So it has to be a king or queen??? :hmm:
It has to be the reigning monarch or the heir apparent. Prince Charles sometimes do the duty for his mother. The queens husband never does it, so I guess PD wouldn't have been able to either, since she was only royal by marriage.

^^That's probably the main reason....or the fact that he's not British....

^Yeah, it sounds and looks nice :)
But what he would do with the SIR, because he could not use it anyway coz he's not British :mello:

Those titles are throw- backs to the time when britain ruled an empire ad ruled with an iron fists. Many slaves and indentured labourers and sirfdom was the order of the day.
Many black people in britain have refused to accept any of these investitures because of the history associated with them all linked to the british empire. Maybe Mj would not have appreciated such titles.

Many black people in britain have refused to accept any of these investitures because of the history associated with them all linked to the british empire. Maybe Mj would not have appreciated such titles.

Good point there.

N3v3rland, i know what you're saying, it does make a nice sound though. :D But I don't think it's meant to be.

I'll settle for just King! :p

I am the biggest Queen around so ...
I dub Mr Jackson, Maestro Michael Jackson
**three snaps in a 'Z' formation**

Americans have received Britain's top honor including Nobel prize-winning scientist James Watson, George Bush Senior, former Mayor of New York Rudolph Giuliani, and Hollywood director Steven Spielberg this list needs MJ!

Last edited:
Quick question - how long does one have to live in the UK in order to be considered a citizen, thereby allowing themselves to be considered for knighthood?

Correct me if I´m wrong, but don´t u have to be British to be knighted? And as we all know Sir Paul is, Sir Elton is and King Michael is not :)

I´m sure MJ would already have been knighted if he could´ve been.

Stop--that's Mike's name right there!

"King Michael"!

Screw "sir"!

:D

Last edited:
richard gear ... for real ?? well, if you don't have to be British to get the honor ... Michael should be bestowed upon by the Queen.

Hey, I am a Big Queen !! I will Knight him myself **SNAP**

Yeah, I'm very suprised that he hasn't one by now. I mean, for all the donations and charity work he's done, he should have the title. It's one of the greatest honors and he's done some of the greates things for people so.....

Ha ha, sounds like a plan ChiChi. We'll start the invitations :D.

If he ever had of married princess diana which i doubt, he could of one day been Duke Michael Jackson Of Edinburgh one day lol...

I wish he had of married diana and he became king of england not a duke!

But that would never work anyway because charles was one one linked to the mail royals.

Last edited:
If Michael married Princess Diana he'd be nothing. Princess Diana was a princess because she married Prince Charles. Before that she was just Diana Spencer. So if Diana married Michael instead of Charles, Michael wouldn't be royalty. And I'm not sure what would've happened if Diana left Charles and married Michael. Probably the same outcome. Neither of them would be royal. Because it was Charles who had the royal blood, not Diana.

If Michael married Princess Diana he'd be nothing. Princess Diana was a princess because she married Prince Charles. Before that she was just Diana Spencer. So if Diana married Michael instead of Charles, Michael wouldn't be royalty. And I'm not sure what would've happened if Diana left Charles and married Michael. Probably the same outcome. Neither of them would be royal. Because it was Charles who had the royal blood, not Diana.

kind of metioned that above...

If he ever had of married princess diana which i doubt, he could of one day been Duke Michael Jackson Of Edinburgh one day lol...

I wish he had of married diana and he became king of england not a duke!

But that would never work anyway because charles was one one linked to the mail royals.
Princess Diana was not Royal by birth. In British tradition the only way Diana could have had a title is to marry a man with a title. Had she married Michael, she wouldn't have had a formal title, but has Mj was known as the king of Pop, now shrotened to 'the King', it is quite possible that she would have been nicknamed 'the Queen'.:)

Actually, Diana did have a title. Her father was Earl Spencer. All his daughters had the title 'LADY'. So Diana was , Lady Diana Spencer when she married Charles. Her problem with that title is that it is the lowest of the titles and Diana could not pass it on to her children nor would she retain it after marriage. Had she married a commoner, she would have been just Mrs Jones.:)

Back