second single after 'hold my hand'?

Off The Wall 32 next year? Not a very good title. They should leave Off The Wall until 50 years, now there's an album. Maybe not 50 years, but 32 doesn't sound very significant.

Totally. They were planning the reissue prior to mj signing up for the O2 shows. Then MJ passed. And yeah, they never got to do the OTW30 on time... Maybe it'll just be a reissue with bonus material, not celebrating a particular year anniversary...

As for next single: If it's a cascio track I'll spew. Keen to hear Hollywood Tonight and the full Another Day... Best Of Joy too.

^ It's going to be Monster or Another Day I'm told.

Smarter move would be to release Another Day because Monster is one of the Cascio tracks. I think that AD is the strongest song on MICHAEL and I believe that it will be the second single. Hollywood Tonight should be third, Monster fourth.

How can you be in a good mood when hearing this song? A Run away from a step father that sexually abused her, she runs off to hollywood where a man tries to make her a hooker when she is only 12 yrs old? How does this give you a "good mood"?

Hey, it's Mike's fault for making such a killer beat and melody :dance:

If they're gonna do OTW in the same way they did T25, I hope they get the right people working on it.
The concept behind T25 was good IMO, but the result was not great.
As good as Will.i.am is (IMO) he didn't show it on T25.

^ It's going to be Monster or Another Day I'm told.

so i listened to BN, and hell no it aint mike.

but i listened to a bit of monster, and it sounds like him. i think im going to love that track, even though i dont know what he' saying. but is it even going to get airplay?

im not hearing HMH anywhere where I live in the US. i even called my local radio station a few times to request the song and its still never been played. one lady who answered the phone said "Ill TRY to get it on there for you." and told me to give her two other different songs after.

and theres this other radio station that normally plays one michael jackson song every morning, and i called that station too, and they've never played HMH after i requested it.

is HMH playing in other cities in the US? im really curious. i just want Mike to get more airplay here. maybe its just where i live.

Last edited:
i'll say this, if "breaking news" is released as an early single you can kiss commercial success of this album goodbye. "i like the way you love me" would be the most successful I feel.

Anyone heard something about the next singles?

Last i heard (in forums) they would release only 3 singles with the possibility of 4. Monster, another day and maybe hollywood tonight.

In my opinion, they need to release Monster and hollywood tonight. The reaction to another day by the fans is not as good as we thought it would be!

Monster should be released next. Hollywood Tonight is very good but it gets repetitive and Monster is a lot better in my opinion.

Monster would be a mistake. Another Day/Hollywood Tonight/Behind The Mask would be better.

i want:
- another day as a single because of an alternative version
- monster because it includes 50 (duett -> more non-fans will like it)
- behind the mask, because its the freshest song (in my opinion best vocals because of the thrillerera-energy)
- hollywood tonight would be cool too but not necessary... just if they include a acapella with his beatboxing :D

soo how many singles will be released? :)

I want

1: Hold my hand
2: Hollywood tonight
3: Behind the mask
4: Monster
5: Another day/Much too soon (double a-sided single)

Nobody here is saying Best of Joy!? This song has Adult Contemporary smash hit written all over it. As far as Behind the Mask goes... it sounds like a new spin on an old song, which is what it is. But I think the production they did on it clashes with Michael's intentions vocally. It sounds WAY too 80s to make it on the radio today. Hollywood Tonight for a pop hit, Best of Joy for Adult Contemporary hit. Monster is good, but doesn't sound current.

I think we need to face the facts: none of these songs sound very current because they're not. They're GODLY tracks, absolutely amazing... but they waited too long to release this album. I feel like the whole thing sounds like 2005 pop. As far as radio single success... I have a hard time picturing any of the songs from this album being HUGE successes. The current sound is more electronic, dance music like "Slave to the Rhythm". I think STTR would be a MASSIVE hit.... but that's not an option now, is it? :\

I hope and think it will be Another Day, because of all the interest people gave it when it first leaked and that it is a duet with Lenny Kravitz.

I think the second single should be 'Hollywood Tonight', then 'Much Too Soon', then 'Monster'... I think either 'Behind The Mask' or 'Another Day' could be then. I would go for 'Behind The Mask'. Then if there was six singles, 'Another Day' could be the sixth one.

I think ther will only be another 1 or 2 releases. i like ht or monster

Guess it depends on where you are from, here I'm sure sounding 80s would be more of an advantage than a disadvantage :cheeky:

I agree. It's difficult to pick because the US and Europe and the rest of the World have different tastes.

I agree that Behind the Mask is very 80s but to me that's not a bad thing (the 80s were so much better in music than today's music IMO). I think it would do well in the radios here, but maybe it wouldn't do well in the US.

I think there will be three or max. four more singles of the album. Candidates are: HT, Monster, Another Day - Behind the Mask, maybe, but I'm not sure because of the 80s feel. 80s or not, Behind the Mask is the song that makes me wanna get up and dance the most.

Last edited:
Much Too Soon wouldn't work as a single. It's like Speechless and Gone Too Soon. They're beautiful songs but as singles they just wouldn't work.

Much Too Soon wouldn't work as a single. It's like Speechless and Gone Too Soon. They're beautiful songs but as singles they just wouldn't work.

Why do you think they wouldn't 'work'? And it depends also on where you are from..

I agree. It's difficult to pick because the US and Europe and the rest of the World have different tastes.

I agree that Behind the Mask is very 80s but to me that's not a bad thing (the 80s were so much better in music than today's music IMO). I think it would do well in the radios here, but maybe it wouldn't do well in the US.

I think there will be three or max. four more singles of the album. Candidates are: HT, Monster, Another Day - Behind the Mask, maybe, but I'm not sure because of the 80s feel. 80s or not, Behind the Mask is the song that makes me wanna get up and dance the most.

I agree with you about everything :) well, apart from 80s music being better, sure 80s music were great, but there are being released just as much great music these days :) 80s music stars were better and more lasting though :cheeky:

I agree about Much Too Song not being strong enough to be a single. I loooooove it but its not really a song that would do well on its own. Too short for a start. I can see it realistically being in the tradition of other albums and going up tempo so either Hollywood Tonight, or Monster. Behind the Mask I think is a bit dated in this day and age of excessive autotune.

It's probably going to be either Hollywood Tonight, Monster, or Another Day.

Monster is the best song on that album, in my opinion. It should be released next.

Back